nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli Manning is the true NFL MVP

1) Eli Manning
    2) Peyton Manning(would be #1 if he played this year)
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Tom Brady
    5) Aaron Rodgers

Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are all SYSTEM QUARTERBACKS. Eli Manning has fuckking Kevin Killdrive running the offense and we saw how great the colts were this year without peyton. No single player(besides Peyton) is more valuable to their team than Eli Manning.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1, and DemoralizdDreamr

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

uh disagree

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

stfu

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Brady
    Brees
    Rogers
    E Manning
    P Manning

In that order

CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    1) Eli Manning 2) Peyton Manning(would be #1 if he played this year) 3) Drew Brees 4) Tom Brady 5) Aaron Rodgers Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are all SYSTEM QUARTERBACKS. Eli Manning has fuckking Kevin Killdrive running the offense and we saw how great the colts were this year without peyton. No single player(besides Peyton) is more valuable to their team than Eli Manning.
    So then Alex Smith is great because he put up a tough fight against Eli? Did we just watch the same game? You do remember that the 49ers kick returner lost two fumbles right..Eli Manning did not prove he is elite from this game.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

nyed1010 spot on as usual.

good post

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseHead View Post
    So then Alex Smith is great because he put up a tough fight against Eli? Did we just watch the same game? You do remember that the 49ers kick returner lost two fumbles right..Eli Manning did not prove he is elite from this game.
    You've completely missed the point. Is Eli as talented as the other guys on the list? No, but in terms of value to his team, he is without a doubt the most valuable. I take it your a packers/rodgers fan, you saw what Matt Flynn did. You take Rodgers out and insert Flynn and there isn't going to be that much of a drop off. You take out Eli and insert David Carr and you've got a Giants team that would win 4 games. Same goes for Brady, we saw Cassel do pretty well when Brady went down. The fact that you brought up Alex Smith shows you've completely missed the point. If you replaced Alex Smith with just about any average QB in that system, you would see little or no drop off at all. And it goes without saying if the Niners had an above average QB, they would be favorites for the Super Bowl right now.
    Points Awarded:

ttwarrior1 gave nyed1010 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jonny Fairplay
    Jonny Fairplay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Matt Cassell went 11-5 with a team that went 17-1 and set numerous NFL records.

They were the best offense of all-time with Brady.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Yes and he is on fire at the moment, noone is better than him right now. Go giants. And yes we wouldn't be even close without him.

CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree the Giants would be a lot worse with David Carr playing...does that make Eli Manning the most valuable player in the league because of it? Not sure. Obviously I'm a Packers fan and have a bias here, but you're obviously a Giants fan and also have a bias towards Eli. My only point was, since you posted this right after the Giants won the NFC championship, that this game did not prove anything saying that Eli Manning is the MVP. Alex Smith had a better passer rating than Eli in this game...and if you watched the game, both quarterbacks had plenty of chances to go a few yards down the field and let their kicker kick them a game winning field goal. Both QBs failed time after time to even get in field goal position, it was pretty tough to watch.

And I don't want this to turn into a "well the Giants beat the Packers" discussion. Packers didn't show up offensively, turned the ball over, and the Giants won. Congratulations, you are now going to the Super Bowl and I wish you luck....I just felt like I needed to chime in here because all we'll hear on SportsCenter all week now is how good Eli Manning is, when, it wasn't because of him that the Giants won this game.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli played well, but Gmen won because of their D and Kyle Williams. Any simpleton could see that.
    Last edited by john230; 01-23-12 at 04:45 AM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

giants got points off turnovers vs. forty-niners, open your eyes, eli could not drive them down the field

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Eli manning outplayed Aaron just a week ago. He whopped Brady couple years back and he gonna do it again. Theres nothing he cant do that others can. Also look at his WRs, no one made the pro bowl. He has no one to work with, shitty run and no TE. Just got victor cruz.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    Eli manning outplayed Aaron just a week ago. He whopped Brady couple years back and he gonna do it again. Theres nothing he cant do that others can. Also look at his WRs, no one made the pro bowl. He has no one to work with, shitty run and no TE. Just got victor cruz.
    ?? he might have the top 3 receiver set in the league.

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

if the giants win the super bowl he will be the mvp

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manning has been the most clutch, I would vote for him.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Eli got my vote too. The guy is amazing. He has matured and not scared of taking big hits anymore