JetDevil74
    JetDevil74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1099

Guaranteed way to end the NFL season with profit?

So I was thinking about this, and let's say I take the Ravens at a +600 to win the super bowl.*

($100 to win $600)

And then I take the Patriots today for -300

($300 to win $100)

The worst that can happen is the Patriots win today and you break even. BUT, if the ravens win, you still have your $100 that is now to win $300.*

That's a 3/1 payout in the super bowl.*

Even if you wanted to hedge it and bet on the opposing team in the super bowl, (keep in mind, the other team may even be underdogs) you'd still be guaranteed money.*

0 risk, possible reward.

Am I wrong? Is there something I'm missing?

JetDevil74

I'm really about to go big here unless someone can think of a reason why I'm being ridiculous.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't it be just a waste of time if new england wins then? And if the ravens some how do win then they could lose the superbowl and you could lose all the 400. And depending on if you were to hedge someway it would be to break even in what case is a waste of money either way, no? Like for instance if the other team then the ravens is an underdog you would bet them but you still would be negative overall because of the pats loss unless you went a lot heavier on the other team.

Bigitaly42
    BIG RED MACHINE
    Bigitaly42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

No offense, but this is a dumb plan. With a pats loss, you profit nothing if the ravens lose the next game. And lets be honest, there's no way the ravens even win today. They sure as hell won't win the SB

JetDevil74

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Wouldn't it be just a waste of time if new england wins then? And if the ravens some how do win then they could lose the superbowl and you could lose all the 400. And depending on if you were to hedge someway it would be to break even in what case is a waste of money either way, no? Like for instance if the other team then the ravens is an underdog you would bet them but you still would be negative overall because of the pats loss unless you went a lot heavier on the other team.
    I've only put down $100 on the Ravens to win the super bowl (to win $600), and $300 on the Patriots to win today. If the Patriots win, I break even.

If the Ravens win, I'm down $300 because of the Patriots, but I still hold a $100 to win $600 ticket for the super bowl. We'll just call it $100 to win $300 and forget about the patriots loss.*

So now I have a $100 to win $300 in the super bowl for the ravens.*

Let's say the ravens are a favorite in the super bowl against the 49ers. A 3/1 payout is amazing for a favorite.*

Additionally, I could put $100 on the 49ers to win the super bowl and again, the worst I can do is make a small amount of money, but the best I can do is profit $200.

JetDevil74

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitaly42 View Post
    No offense, but this is a dumb plan. With a pats loss, you profit nothing if the ravens lose the next game. And lets be honest, there's no way the ravens even win today. They sure as hell won't win the SB
    Isn't smart betting minimizing risk and finding value? Sure, the ravens may lose today and I break even, but why not take take the chance?