zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

in 5 games against the Ravens, Bradys complete % 55.9, the lowest against any team.

just something to think about.

zoo youk

completion*

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

zoo...my boy is going to have something for that ravens defense....tom is hungier than ever....6th afc championship game...this guy should be sitting on 4 or maybe 5 rings already.......tom wants this bad.....you may seem him out there throwing blocks at ray lewis himself!

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

How well equipped do you think the Ravens' linebackers are to stop those short passes to the TE's? To me it looks like "not very well" in which case the front four are going to have to get consistent pressure on Brady.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 01-19-12 at 11:56 AM.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

In those 5 games the Ravens defense was better than it is now.

zoo youk

the real key to this game is,

will the Pats be able to get pressure on Flacco? when Flacco has time in the pocket to find open WRs, they are more than capable of matching scores with the Pats.

they also need to control the clock and get Ray Rice going to limit the Pats possessions.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    the real key to this game is,

will the Pats be able to get pressure on Flacco? when Flacco has time in the pocket to find open WRs, they are more than capable of matching scores with the Pats.

they also need to control the clock and get Ray Rice going to limit the Pats possessions.
    I don't disagree but that was not what the thread title was about.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ans he's 4-1 in those games......

bobby heenan
    Update your status

the ravens screen game is always a concern.....but im equally afraid of torrey smith catching 40 yard passes...and boldin and dickson eating us up on 3rd down.....making flacco uncomfortable is definitley a key...if he gets in a groove then i think the team as a whole will feel like they can take more chances on both sides of the ball...if flacco gets going it will definitley give their defense some extra juice

my biggest concern all along for the pats is what do they do when teams clog the middle and force them to make plays on the outside.....you can jam welker at the line and double gronk......if they are able to do that and get some heat on tom(they dotn have to bring him down...just make him move in the pocket and have to get rid of the ball before he wants to-this leads to some inaccurate throws) then the pats offense will be in trouble....they have no threats outside of the hashmarks ....deion isnt consistent enough....too old and worn down by injuries......if you watched him last year against the jets they might has well have been playing offense with 10 guys.......they might need him to make some key plays....hopefully o'brien gets creative with different formations and looks so the ravens cant get in a comfort zone defensively.....they have to move guys around alot....sometimes the patriots have come out and run 20 different formation in their first 20 plays......if the ravens take away welker and gronk and are still able to get some moderate heat on brady its going to be up to branch to get open consistently...and i dont know if hes capable....so the pats are going to have to do alot of things formation wise to keep the ravens defense on their toes....the pats lack of a consistent threat outside could be their undoing if baltimore sells out to take away the middle of the field

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I don't disagree but that was not what the thread title was about.
    I know, I was talking to Heenun.

zoo youk

going to be fun watching the big hitting safety Bernard Pollard trying to crush Gronkowski or Hernandez.

key word, trying.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think Brady is getting older now and if he don't win another one within the next 3 years he probably never will. I keep hearing about the injuries to him also and that is starting to slow him down some.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    I think Brady is getting older now and if he don't win another one within the next 3 years he probably never will. I keep hearing about the injuries to him also and that is starting to slow him down some.
    wow..theres a bold statement....if a 35 year old qb doesnt win another within the next 3 years he probably never will....huh....very profound

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    wow..theres a bold statement....if a 35 year old qb doesnt win another within the next 3 years he probably never will....huh....very profound

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    haha, wow its weird to think he'll be done relatively soon. feel like the guys a machine

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    haha, wow its weird to think he'll be done relatively soon. feel like the guys a machine
    i really dont know what kind of pressure he feels from his wife to hang em up soon...but the guy loves football....hes got some nagging injuries here and there...n it doesnt help that hes getting older....but hes such a competitor....its not crazy to think this guy could play another 4 years or so at this level if he doesnt suffer a major injury......they are superbowl contenders every year hes under center....n they still have tons of young talent on this team......solder, volmer, mankins,gronk,ridley hernandez, ridley, mayo, spikes, chung, mccourty, dowling(remains to be seen if he can stay healthy and be a player)....plus they have some veterans who are still looking good in wes and vince wilfork....two firsts and two 2nd rounders this year to add more talent.....

it is crazy though to think he prob will be done soon....seems like just yesterday i was at a huge party up at wheaton college in norton mass(right down the road from foxboro) watching him win his first superbowl.....in utter amazement and disbelief that we just beat the rams.....partied so hard that night that i woke up at 5pm the next day......man time flies....im soaking it all up now

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Joe Flacco only threw for 34 yards on the previous playoff game against the Patriots. Owned.

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore27769.html

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

bobby my brotha i know exactly where you're coming from...seems like just yesterday it was bledsoe's time and little tommy brady came in to play the hero...crazy how time flies! we gotta get it this year, all the teams left are great but i like our chances just as much as anyones...LETS GO PATS!!

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Bobby and dude I am right with you guys. I ran two blocks screaming at the top of my lungs after Vinatieri kicked that field goal. I will never forget that night. It is crazy how fast time flies, let's just hope the Pats are lucky enough to get another good QB to succeed Brady.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

My father has season tix n no longer goes...so they're mine...but I don't make it to every game anymore...but I remember sitting on te aluminum benches at old foxboro during the tuna/drew era...was in high school in those days n wet to every home game then....it had seemed like our opportunity came n went....then it all happened....some people never get to experience what we have.....in the prime of my life I've seen the pats dominate, the sox get it done, and the c's add another....go get em tommy!

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

I think this is a tough game for the Pats...I'm going to be picking the Ravens in my pickem in hopes to gain some ground but it's also pretty realistic given NE's offense can be slowed by their D and NE's defense is pretty brute.

primetime408
    primetime408's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look I know the "Ravens" and "defense" have been synonymous is years past, but this defense can be had and it's against teams like the Pats. Do you honestly think Gronk or Herny has any problems with going against Lewis n Suggs? No way. I have a ton of respect for that Ravens D, but this matchup poses problems ALL OVER for the Ravens. Plus, I don't trust Joe Faggo as far as I could throw him. He's mediocre at best and sprinkles in a few gem games to keep his name in the mix, but this game stinks. Pats by 10