nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Is the Giants +2.5 the easiest bet in the history of sports?

The 49ers steamroll their terrible division, squeak by the Saints with a +5 turnover margin (it's sad the Saints even had a chance with 6 turnovers), and now they're favored against the best looking team in the playoffs?

LOL.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

couldn't agree more, but I'd just take the ML for +131

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

yes it's the easiest bet in the history of sports, just a tiny bit easier than the Saints -3.5 was this weekend....

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fud007 View Post
    yes it's the easiest bet in the history of sports, just a tiny bit easier than the Saints -3.5 was this weekend....
    No you're right. Please empty your bankroll on SF, I'd love to see the line move to 3.

p19101
    Giants!

Saints are no good away from their dome. The Giants are as good away as home

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Same Giants team that lost 24-49 to the Saints earlier this season? Same Giants team that already lost to the 49ers by 7 in San Fran earlier this season. What am i thinking of course this is the easiest bet ever in sports Giants plus 2.5. Put the house, cars, trucks, boats, kids, animals and everything you buckin own on the G Men. But actually seriously Packers played terrible today. I've never seen so many dropped passes in my life. Never seen Aaron Rodgers miss wide open players. Don't see many teams complete the old hail mary. Giants playin good ball but so are the 49ers should be a good game. Nothing in this game is a easy bet though kids.

beerman2619

By the way no team winning 9 games in the regular season has won the super bowl guess there is a first for everything. Giants were 5-3 in the regular season on the road lets not get to carried away. Saints had the same road record.

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Same Giants team that lost 24-49 to the Saints earlier this season? Same Giants team that already lost to the 49ers by 7 in San Fran earlier this season. What am i thinking of course this is the easiest bet ever in sports Giants plus 2.5. Put the house, cars, trucks, boats, kids, animals and everything you buckin own on the G Men. But actually seriously Packers played terrible today. I've never seen so many dropped passes in my life. Never seen Aaron Rodgers miss wide open players. Don't see many teams complete the old hail mary. Giants playin good ball but so are the 49ers should be a good game. Nothing in this game is a easy bet though kids.
    What do those regular season games mean at this point? Nothing. You can't reasonably tell me the Giants aren't the best looking team in the playoffs so far. Just because they played some bad games in the regular season means literally nothing right now, except it helps the line I'm getting (I guess I shouldn't complain, right?).

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

To qualify as the easiest bet in the history of sports, first it has to be a winning bet.

nj1035
    Update your status

By the way no team winning 9 games in the regular season has won the super bowl guess there is a first for everything. Giants were 5-3 in the regular season on the road lets not get to carried away. Saints had the same road record.
    Meaningless statistics. Just watch the games, you'll know who the better team is.

The Giants were not the best team in the regular season. But they are now.

beerman2619

Just saying the Giants weren't all that dominating today. Just never seen the Packers wideouts drop so many passes. I mean alot of those guys were wide open. Aaron Rodgers missed quite a few throws something haven't seen all year. Course the ref blew that call on the turnover. But if you really don't think that 49ers win over the Saints wasn't impressive uh not sure what to say. Guess the Giants are a . Congrats to the New York Giants and there fans great run and good luck in the super bowl.

beerman2619

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    To qualify as the easiest bet in the history of sports, first it has to be a winning bet.

nj1035
    Update your status

Just saying the Giants weren't all that dominating today. Just never seen the Packers wideouts drop so many passes. I mean alot of those guys were wide open. Aaron Rodgers missed quite a few throws something haven't seen all year. Course the ref blew that call on the turnover. But if you really don't think that 49ers win over the Saints wasn't impressive uh not sure what to say. Guess the Giants are a . Congrats to the New York Giants and there fans great run and good luck in the super bowl.
    When you get 6 turnovers as compared to 1, and you win in the last second by 4 points, I'm not impressed. They were lucky.

nj1035
    Update your status

Sorry I'm not an "after the fact" guy. Hindsight is always 20/20. I man up and make my predictions BEFORE the game.

p19101
    Giants!

I already lectured you before the Packers game. I told you F ALL statistics assembled by a decimated team that had tons of key injuries. Healthy now and you have seen it 4 straight games. Yet you come in here as a clown bringing up irrelevant stuff from the past.

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    What do those regular season games mean at this point? Nothing. You can't reasonably tell me the Giants aren't the best looking team in the playoffs so far. Just because they played some bad games in the regular season means literally nothing right now, except it helps the line I'm getting (I guess I shouldn't complain, right?).

The Giants are playing GREAT football right now, but so were the Saints going into yesterdays game. I dont think anyone can reasonably argue that the Giants don't have a legitimate shot to win in San Fran, but to title this thread as you did just makes you sound like a tool.

nj1035
    Update your status

The Giants are playing GREAT football right now, but so were the Saints going into yesterdays game. I dont think anyone can reasonably argue that the Giants don't have a legitimate shot to win in San Fran, but to title this thread as you did just makes you sound like a tool.
    Oh wah wah. How dare I make a bold prediction??? The horror. Stop taking life so seriously.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

couple of reflections here/warrior fan said it correctly easiest bet equals winning bet /now n.g.giants are 3-11 vs.49rs overall/next brees got 462 passing yds/3-4 tds. /49rs. still won /agreed g.bay played incredibly sloppy game/49rs. def. is absol.on a par w/that of giants/finally manning was not rushed/hurried/blitzed whole game/will be this time/my final bets are already down/49rs and n.e. in super bowl/n.e. wins/gl all

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post

Should be a close game. If taking the Giants I would buy up to +3, especially with big money on it.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

No you're right. Please empty your bankroll on SF, I'd love to see the line move to 3.
    Some books already have a 3.

Stop watching "last week" The Saints/Packers games mean nothing now.

Best looking football team.....that's how losing bets usually start lol

Nothing easy about this game right now.

p19101
    Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

I agree

I'm just trying mock with the people trying to downplay the Giants

I have more than enough money on this game and the SB via my futures so I probably wont put any bet in.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Congrats to K-13 and the rest of the 49er fans....taking 1 last chance to beat them with NY this weekend. Give them credit...they won the turnover battle because they tackle violently as hell. Go ask Pierre Thomas if that was a lucky hit....if he remembers it at all! I still say NY takes this one by giving Phillips alot of help on Vernon Davis and taking away their only real downfield threat. NY can rush with 4 or 5 and still leave some coverage to trick Alex Smith. Jacobs is a gigantic p#$$y so NY struggles with short yardage and in the red zone too at times. It could be a field goal duel but Eli has 100x times better receivers and should be able to throw a couple of TDs which should be enough imo. Either way its no lock....if you ignore Harbaugh's magic at this point then you're not paying attention.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 01-16-12 at 11:02 AM.

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Of course last weeks game means something. What else are you basing your bet on? Do you base your bets on the worst looking team?

What criteria do you use?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Nobody will tease the Giants to 8.5 or 9, that is for certain. Just like nobody teased the Ravens and Packers and got shit stomped. Anyone teasing the Giants and the Patriots (90% of people obviously) will lose. Good luck!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The 49ers steamroll their terrible division, squeak by the Saints with a +5 turnover margin (it's sad the Saints even had a chance with 6 turnovers), and now they're favored against the best looking team in the playoffs?

LOL.

you can have the "best looking" team, ill just stick with the best team...comical how all season the same ppl continually disrespect this team..

"steamroll terrible division"? you must be talking bout the way they ran thru the nfc east garbage asses..

i thank everyone for hating this team though cause it has continually kept spreads favorable for them all season, sad to think how many folks around here bet against these guys every week cause they not "pretty"..appreciate it though cause im thrilled i get to lay less than 3 thanks to this train of thought...

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you can have the "best looking" team, ill just stick with the best team...comical how all season the same ppl continually disrespect this team..

"steamroll terrible division"? you must be talking bout the way they ran thru the nfc east garbage asses..

i thank everyone for hating this team though cause it has continually kept spreads favorable for them all season, sad to think how many folks around here bet against these guys every week cause they not "pretty"..appreciate it though cause im thrilled i get to lay less than 3 thanks to this train of thought...
    I seem to remember Romo with 1 lung and a broken rib beating up on the 49ers.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    I am on the Giants ML right up until they face the pats in the SB.

2daBank

I seem to remember Romo with 1 lung and a broken rib beating up on the 49ers.

while you're remembering that do you remember them beating skins, gmen, and philly(you know that "super tough" div that ny had to get thru)? im sure you will tell me ny not the same, and whatever other garbage sf haters spew which is fine with me, pound away on your "easy bet"

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Beat a overrated Falcons and off-game Packers and people got them winning the SB already.

Mr Handicapable

Giants outgained SF 390-305, outrushed them without Bradshaw and 3-4 defensive starters, and had TOP advantage 34-25. Frank Gore 6 carries for ZERO yards. I respect SF but Giants ML +125 for a few hundred is the play. I'm thinking the Pats are the for next week....Baltimore is too old on defense and too slow on offense without enough push from the O-line to play keep away like they need to do to compete.

nj1035
    Update your status

while you're remembering that do you remember them beating skins, gmen, and philly(you know that "super tough" div that ny had to get thru)? im sure you will tell me ny not the same, and whatever other garbage sf haters spew which is fine with me, pound away on your "easy bet"
    Yeah we could go back and forth all day. But I will pound away on my bet and I'm sure you'll pound away on yours.

Good luck.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

either buy the half point or play ML.

2daBank

Yeah we could go back and forth all day. But I will pound away on my bet and I'm sure you'll pound away on yours.

Good luck.

ive been saying SF in SB for some time but i will be honest here and say i expected them to be going to GB for this gm which i thought was a great matchup for them, this certainly makes it tougher as i counted on sf bad red zone offense benefiting from playing the shithole defenses of no and gb, so i wont be pounding anything as this should be a really good gm, will play sf but nothing crazy...GL to you as well

Mr Handicapable

ive been saying SF in SB for some time but i will be honest here and say i expected them to be going to GB for this gm which i thought was a great matchup for them, this certainly makes it tougher as i counted on sf bad red zone offense benefiting from playing the shithole defenses of no and gb, so i wont be pounding anything as this should be a really good gm, will play sf but nothing crazy...GL to you as well

Good post....it should be a good game. I'm predicting NY is no less than a pick'em on Sunday so no need to lay 2.5 now imo. To tell you the truth...this 49ers team reminds me of Harbaugh's Indy team in 1995. The Colts were a wildcard that go no respect but SF gets no respect just the same as a #2 seed.
    They beat SD & KC that year as big dogs and then took Pittsburgh to the wire as the Colts WR let the ball trickle off his chest at the end. Harbaugh (Tebow too) brings that college enthusiasm with him that makes the NFL more exciting imo.

p19101
    Giants!

I would take Giants ML at +131 if I didn't already sit with Giants NFC champs / SB champs over my ears. I might have to hedge just a little but it really hurts me doing so since I don't believe in the 49ers. Will let most of it roll though...

12 Last