Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Giants vs 49ers. NFC Championship, don't even look at the spread..

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Eli Manning is not a fancy QB. He has nowhere near the talent of his brother Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees. What he does have is game knowledge. He knows what it takes to win games. He's a great manager. He makes mistakes but he more then well makes up for it when it's needed. Last time these 2 played, giants lost at the goal line on the last down. Giants had a banged up defense. 49ers have good run defense but suspect pass defense. Eli Manning is going to carve up that defense next week. Don't even look at the spread, doesn't matter who's favorite or who's dog. Giants are going to win by 2 TDs..

Sincerely,
    Huge Giants fan
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Monitor-Tan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JACK MATZ gave Monitor-Tan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings, SXRD71, and jjaycuny

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

NY Giants are going to the Superbowl.........

They are clearly playing the best ball (when it counts) in the NFL right now.........

Nobody is going to stop this runaway train.........

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Sorry gang... have to go with SF... I trust their D.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Line will be pick'em by kick off....

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Line will be pick'em by kick off....
    I'd think it'll be a bigger swing. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes -1 Giants

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Niners gonna smoke again

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gmen might be the public team because they knocked off the Pack. However the results today are somewhat skewed as the Pack played horrible. Should be a close game next week.

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

niners d worries me... but eli finds a way

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

It was a very close regular season game that the Niners ended up winning 27-20. If the Giants defense and running game show up next week to keep the Niner defense honest I think we can by at least a touchdown.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Seems like the last few years of Superbowl winners appear to be the "hot" team. Being on the road also does not seem to phase them either. In fact, the price is much better in most cases. Matchbook currently has the Giants sitting at 7-2.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

To win the Superbowl..

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Niners will do more dmg than the last meeting.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

final score sf 28 giant 17,,,,

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

its going to be 'Eli Manning vs. Tom Brady' superbowl again...

just like 2007

johnob14
    johnob14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants win this.....sorry Niners, this isn't the NFC west.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Giants ML is a no brainer

49ers are still a fraud

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Gmen might be the public team because they knocked off the Pack. However the results today are somewhat skewed as the Pack played horrible. Should be a close game next week.
    The packers played horrible because the giants D was beating the hll out of them, stripping balls, getting pressure and embarrassing them on their home field, even when the refs were trying to hand them the game. Kinda hard to play well when your home crowd is booing you cause your getting dominated so bad.

Guess haters will always hate and find ways to not give credit when credit is do

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    its going to be 'Eli Manning vs. Tom Brady' superbowl again...

just like 2007

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

weather for thurs is 60 % rain, will they cover the field? it could be a little sloppy on the grass

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

I 'm betting huge on the giants. I agree with you about Eli, less skilled perhaps but def. more game knowledge.

Frisco defense is going to make this a tight game tho

DrAwInGdEaD
    DrAwInGdEaD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Wow....cant believe the ignorance in here, you morons must of forgot who took down the hottest team in the saints and already whooped the giants ass once and will do it again.....but dont let me talk you out it, I love my boys playing the underdog role...keep dumping on the giants please.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Fran has the best D in the league. Texans, with Mario Williams, maybe next....I like the Giants as a dirty dogbut now they are a public favorite. Hopefully their heads don't get too big. Hopefully that long flight is not a factor. It never is .

Really tho. Harbaugh is a great coach. That is what I would not underestimate. He might feel the need to take Eli out.
    Last edited by Jonah; 01-16-12 at 01:19 AM.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Pierre Thomas still doesn't know what hit him. Looks like the public doesn't either.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    The packers played horrible because the giants D was beating the hll out of them, stripping balls, getting pressure and embarrassing them on their home field, even when the refs were trying to hand them the game. Kinda hard to play well when your home crowd is booing you cause your getting dominated so bad.

Guess haters will always hate and find ways to not give credit when credit is do

What buckin game did you watch son? Packers wideouts dropped what 12 balls today? Did you happen to see Jennings wide open in the first quarter and Rodgers missed him. The layoff had more to do with Rodgers playing bad then the Giants defense come on. Giants caught a buckin Hail Mary that kind of helped didn't it? You don't see that very often. Yeah you give the Giants credit for winning but they didn't dominate that game. Anyway onto the Giants vs 49ers should be a good game. Weather should be a factor alot of rain coming into San Fran later this week and during the game. 49ers already beat the Giants 27 to 20 this season. See another close game here. But according to all Giant fans might as well not play this game so congrats to the New York Giants and there fans good luck in the super bowl

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

went to gb and won now have to fly home to ny them to sf while sf sets home and gets ready

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by johnob14 View Post
    Giants win this.....sorry Niners, this isn't the NFC west.
    You're aware that the 49ers already beat the Giants once this year, right? They were also two games away from sweeping both the NFC East and AFC North divisions.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    It was a very close regular season game that the Niners ended up winning 27-20. If the Giants defense and running game show up next week to keep the Niner defense honest I think we can by at least a touchdown.
    Right, the 49ers were able to beat the Giants in a close game despite the Niners being without their leading offensive player. Are you claiming that the 49ers are a worse team when Frank Gore is on the field?

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

49ers will win 20-6. Green Bay's defense made Manning look great today, but the 49ers defense is going to own him.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

you guys talking giants are talking crap

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

As good as eli has looked, he can have an awful game

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Right, the 49ers were able to beat the Giants in a close game despite the Niners being without their leading offensive player. Are you claiming that the 49ers are a worse team when Frank Gore is on the field?
    Gore played & had 6 carries for ZERO yards in that game. In fact....the Giants outgained SF 395-305 and out rushed them 93-77. Giants time of possession was 34-25 minutes and Gore played while Bradshaw didn't! SF homers are bragging about that win but the stats tell the real story and NY is 100x hotter than they were then. This one should be a good game & SFs D should keep them in the game but NY's D will win the game. New Orleans got some sacks with the blitz but they also gave Alex Smith 1-on-1 coverage all day and the chance to make big plays downfield. The Giants don't have to blitz now that their D-line is finally healthy and tearing it up....the 49ers are back to relying on Akers and that won't cut it.

Giants 23
    SF 16

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Eli is a fraud!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I love how people post in the thread and you would think they ar professional gamblers that make a living....I have learned to expect the unexpected..just when you think a team is hot and ready..you see what happened to Saints and what many said was the Dynasty Packers....this is a coin toss and it would not suprise me if the niners won by 10+

Duane1975
    Duane1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I gotta go with the Giants they are hot right now plus its hard to beat a team twice. SF won the first expect the Giants to win the second on the to the super bowl.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

alex smith does just enough to win/one reason harbaugh game plan doesnt ask him to do things he isnt capable of/49rs defense is every bit the equal of giants/guarantee you this manning wont have 4-5 secs. in pocket to throw/giants had worst running game stats in entire nfl/so what to do pressure manning /be all over nicks and cruz/kick 4 field goals/on to sb.

123 Last