mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mann's Gut Feeling for 1/15

Houston/ Baltimore OVER 37... It seems like everytime i hear people talk abt this game, the defenses are brought up... While we have 2 pretty good ones on the field today, I dont think the scoreboard will get cold... Besides, the defense, I see 2 qb's that are looking for a little respect, 2 very good starting running backs, with backups that are not to be slept on, arguably the best receiver in the game in johnson and a pretty good receiving group on the other side in boldin, smith, and evans, the best fullback in the game in leach... that being said, i see some points being scored today...

BALTIMORE'S D: While they still have veteran playmakers on defense, they are not the same stingy defense they once were... dont get me wrong, they know how to get t the qb and take the ball away but they have shown that they can be scored on... As they have gotten older, they are more of a clutch defense than a shutdown defense... I think they make it hard for foster and force yates to be the man today but I think Kubiak is smart enough to put together a game plan that will take pressure off of yates (check downs, misdirections, 3 step drops, etc.) and should produce 14-20 points IMO

HOUSTON'S D: Wade has done a damn good job with this defense... they are doing the damn thang with their best player on the sideline... their issue is can they keep torrey smith and lee evans from getting behind the secondary... in other words, can theyre front 7 get it done??? they have to stop rice first and then rattle flaco... i dont think they can do both... they will have to take some chances and i can see them not cashing in on those gambles... even though flaco has sucked in the playoffs, this is his first home playoff game (i think) so that should put him at ease...

OVERALL, this should be a good game and the ravens should come out of this one with a 27-17ish type of win... thoughts???

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB -7.5... I can just hear McCarthy whispering to his team, "Fellas, they're talking about Brees, New Orleans, Tebow, Brady, will Indy keep Peyton?, and everything else but the CHAMPS!!! Let's make them talk about us again..." ... if that's not what he's saying then it would be a good "rah rah" game starter bc its true... Add that to the unfortunate passing of one of their coach's sons and i just smell a Lambeau Lynching today with Giant meat as the main entree... I know that Eli has been on top of his game this year and i know that the Giants usually play best when their backs are against the wall and yeah i know that the Giants defense has turned it up lately but i also know that McCarthy is a waaaaaay smarter coach than Coughlin... not smarter as in has more knowledge but smarter as in knows how to come up with a game plan and take advantage of mismatches... as far as the packers defense, they give up yards and points but they take the ball away as well and giving Mr Rodgers extra possessions is not the thing u wanna do at Lambeau this time of the year... This game just gives me a 38-20 vibe... GL!!!