GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

He didn't get to chance to develop Carson Palmer for another season. And yet they allowed Tom Cable to develop Jamarcus Russel for multiple seasons.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

thought oakland was on the right track..but the legend of al davis lives on

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    excuse my bad memory...

They had the ball on the Browns 5 yards line with 4:44 left in the game, up 14...

4th and 1 at CLE 5M.Bush up the middle to CLV 5 for no gain (J.Sheard).

and that is what this fukkin genius did

This was cause enough to fire the fukkin retard...

Defend that, I dare you...
    Everyone has an opinion, but will not comment on this...

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Too many penalties. simple as that.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone has an opinion, but will not comment on this...
    Putting the browns offense at the 1 yard line is probably a good thing lol. Either they scored or Browns are not going march 99 yards, then onsides kick and then have mccoy throw a hail mary to an unathletic qb for a hail mary.

Which in the game they did score, leaving a minute left and then even got the onsides kick, but the browns couldnt do much more.

A FG could have been blocked resulting in a special teams touchdown. Only way the browns win that game.

Another team with an nfl offense, you kick the fg and make it a 3 score game.

theres my defense.

Now without the bs your probably right he should have kicked the field goal. But he did win a NFL game with kyle boller as his qb. lol

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

He was also starting to overstep his authority within the organization and that wasn't going to fly. He also needed the Palmer trade to succeed and get them to the post season to save his job after giving up two big draft picks. He made too many mistakes on and off the field and that cost him his job.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Art Shell, surprisingly didn't get fired the 2nd time as HC after a terrible season. He wisely choose to quit on this joke organization.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i don't get how you can judge him by one play or one game. makes zero sense to me to be that short sited.
    the guy never had a fair shake, the team was doomed by injuries and the general management forces him to start a qb in the middle of the season with no expeirence at all with the team.
    not only that losing mcfadden who at the start of the season was preforming as one of the best players in the entire nfl.

but its the raiders doesn't surprise me one bit. they will hire someone and fire them again within the next 18 months. i thought this team was on the way up but the management positions are still in place which will continue to the failure.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    i don't get how you can judge him by one play or one game. makes zero sense to me to be that short sited.
    the guy never had a fair shake, the team was doomed by injuries and the general management forces him to start a qb in the middle of the season with no expeirence at all with the team.
    not only that losing mcfadden who at the start of the season was preforming as one of the best players in the entire nfl.

but its the raiders doesn't surprise me one bit. they will hire someone and fire them again within the next 18 months. i thought this team was on the way up but the management positions are still in place which will continue to the failure.
    I agree. They're officially the most screwed up organization in sports. (Followed by the Cubs)

Corleone
    Corleone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Just the fact that the Raider players had a coach that they were playing hard for is reason to keep the guy for another year. I mean look how many of the past coaches lost the team and players quit on them midway through the season.... Callahan, norv, kiffin, shell, cable.
    Damn! If nothing else let's see what happens when we give a guy a few years. Unreal.
    It's like the raiders want to rebuild every year. I don't get the move.
    Unless the players quit on Hue, which they didn't, I don't know why you get rid of the guy. He's an offensive guy, the d is what failed them down the stretch. Get a new d coordinator (Rod Woodson) and let's see what happens.
    Definitely a step backwards.
    Here comes Winston Moss or some other GB asst.
    Watched the press conference and McKenzie mentioned Green Bay like 5 times!
    My two cents as a lifelong Raider fan. Depressing!

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    Just the fact that the Raider players had a coach that they were playing hard for is reason to keep the guy for another year. I mean look how many of the past coaches lost the team and players quit on them midway through the season.... Callahan, norv, kiffin, shell, cable.
    Damn! If nothing else let's see what happens when we give a guy a few years. Unreal.
    It's like the raiders want to rebuild every year. I don't get the move.
    Unless the players quit on Hue, which they didn't, I don't know why you get rid of the guy. He's an offensive guy, the d is what failed them down the stretch. Get a new d coordinator (Rod Woodson) and let's see what happens.
    Definitely a step backwards.
    Here comes Winston Moss or some other GB asst.
    Watched the press conference and McKenzie mentioned Green Bay like 5 times!
    My two cents as a lifelong Raider fan. Depressing!
    This is the NFL...

The guy can't figure out basic 4th grade math...

You think he is going to break down very, very, sophisticated offensive and defensive schemes that are only getting better???

The fact that people are even arguing this is astonishing...

Unreal

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

The king is losing his edge.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Like I said earlier, the decision making in the Lions game was beyond retarded. He should've been fired after that fiasco.

Corleone

This is the NFL...

The guy can't figure out basic 4th grade math...

You think he is going to break down very, very, sophisticated offensive and defensive schemes that are only getting better???

The fact that people are even arguing this is astonishing...

Unreal
    He can't figure out 4th grade math?
    WTF kind of statement is that?
    What facts do you have to back up this idiotic, obviously racist statement.

Were you his math teacher?

Did you recently give him a 4th grade math quiz?

Your a fukn idiot. And a racist!

Thanks for the insight

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I would have kept him. He was only fired because Cambell and Mcfadden got hurt

Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Like I said earlier, the decision making in the Lions game was beyond retarded. He should've been fired after that fiasco.
    I agree that was tough loss. But I liked the third and one call that would've iced the game. That was the pass that Palmer just missed.
    I mean, the defense giving up 2 scores, yea that was a tough loss for sure, but I thought they would make some defensive changes and go from there.
    I mean, Stanford Routt makes 10mill this year and had 17 individual penalties ( most in NFL history) including 3 pass interferences in the end zone.

Like I said, though, I just figured based on the raiders coaching history the past 10 years, you figured they give a guy that had his players playing hard a couple years. IMO

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    He can't figure out 4th grade math?
    WTF kind of statement is that?
    What facts do you have to back up this idiotic, obviously racist statement.

Were you his math teacher?

Did you recently give him a 4th grade math quiz?

Your a fukn idiot. And a racist!

Thanks for the insight
    Racist??

What's racist...

Me telling you this guy is a bad coach with loads of evidence...

Or the league forcing owners to hire people based on the color of their skin...

Answer that one tough guy...

Black people should be insulted by the Rooney Rule, yet they never say a word...

They should be insulted when fellow blacks brag about "not snitching in the hood", yet most wear it like a badge of honor...

You don't know the first thing about racism you fukkin retard...

Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by Told You So! View Post
    I would have kept him. He was only fired because Cambell and Mcfadden got hurt
    Yea, and I think they held his feet to the fire on the Palmer deal. I think Mark Davis felt if he didn't make the playoffs after what they gave up for Palmer it wasn't good enough.
    Davis seemed upset about finishing 1-4, but then again I think he just gave all decision making power to McKenzie, and based on his press conference, he had his mind made up on McKenzie a while back.

Corleone

Racist??

What's racist...

Me telling you this guy is a bad coach with loads of evidence...

Or the league forcing owners to hire people based on the color of their skin...

Answer that one tough guy...

Black people should be insulted by the Rooney Rule, yet they never say a word...

They should be insulted when fellow blacks brag about "not snitching in the hood", yet most wear it like a badge of honor...

You don't know the first thing about racism you fukkin retard...
    You just made 3 extremely racist comments!

Thanks for the confirmation.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

palmer trade ruined any hope this team had for the next 5 yrs...made me wish i was a cincy fan

Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    palmer trade ruined any hope this team had for the next 5 yrs...made me wish i was a cincy fan
    You would think if they (Davis, Trask) let Hue pull the trigger on this trade, that they were going to give it more than a year.
    I think Palmer played well, considering he came in at week 8 after being out a year and a half.
    I agree with you though, what now?
    We got 2 qbs over 11 mill salary each.

First 12