4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nfl playoffs

Who have the Bengals ever beaten? Does it get any lighter than this ...

Cleve twice (and not covering their last one as 6.5 pt fave, as only won by 3), Buff, Jax, Indy, Sea, Tn, St. L & AZ. They lost to Pitt twice, Balt twice, SF, Den & HOUSTON ... by 1 PT! Did you also know that Cincy covered 7 of their first 8 games, and then only covered 1 of their next 8?

How about Hous, who beat Pitt and covered the 4 by winning by 7? They also won and covered over Atlanta. Did you also know that out of their last 10 games, their record is 7-2-1 ATS?

Am figuring all these trends hold true to form, except the one where Houston didn't cover against Cincy last time at home, but did beat them by 1. Am figuring the Texans crush Cincy today, and win by at least 2 scores.

Texans -4 [24-10]

-------------

As far as the Saints are concerned, how can they lose at home? They won't as they have massive home field advantage, and a Super Star named Sproles (Runs {87x**, Catches {86x**, ZERO fumbles not to mention 7 TD's last 4 gms. As far as covering though, a lot of good cappers I've seen are taking the points. My guess is, they think that Detroit plays much better today then we've seen lately, and the Saints play much worse. You know the Motor City won 2 big bowl games (Michigan & MI ST), have an up and coming hoop team, and first place Wings & Tigers. Detroit knows sports, and perhaps they think the spread should be like 7, but since the Book needs Lion money, the Book ups it so high to even the stacks.

The Saints have just been covering too easy lately maybe, not only winning but covering too ... 8 in a row!!!!!!!! Though don't forget, the Saints D did not give up more than 24 points in their last 8 games, and gave up under 20 in 5 of them!!!!! Lions have only covered 3 of their last 11. Now in a playoff game, these crazy underdog lions are going play their tails off, and somehow, someway (possibly creating a TO on D), or something to keep the game close maybe. Saints last beat them by 17, so the Book figures a TD on the playoff picture and make the spread like 10 or 11. Playoffs are always more tight, and much more conservative of course too.

Folks, have been on the Saints all year, and they have been good to me, so my money has to stay with them. I for one will not let the Book's 11 points lure me. To even offer so many points in a playoff game tells me the Saints are way too good. What you'll see, is Detroit playing their worst game today, and the Saints playing their best.

Saints -10.5 [38-20]
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-07-12 at 01:53 PM.

scotty0129
    scotty0129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bengals were in a much tougher division and Houston pulled off a win in the final drive earlier this year against the Bengals (meaning they barely won). Cinci win SU today. Don't even need the points.

scotty0129
    scotty0129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Texans will need to play Jake if they want to win this one.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by scotty0129 View Post
    Bengals were in a much tougher division and Houston pulled off a win in the final drive earlier this year against the Bengals (meaning they barely won). Cinci win SU today. Don't even need the points.
    Houston was good enough to win and cover over the healthy Steelers. Cincy couldn't beat Pitt. How you figure that?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Some of the Cincy players that played in pop warner leagues were on teams that only had 3 wins, with only 1 win vs teams that had coaches with any experience in pop warner previously. for me, i am not sure if that matters or not.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Houston was good enough to win and cover over the healthy Steelers. Cincy couldn't beat Pitt. How you figure that?
    The healthy Houston team that was on the field in week 4 would indeed spank Cincy. This team isn't them.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Some of the Cincy players that played in pop warner leagues were on teams that only had 3 wins, with only 1 win vs teams that had coaches with any experience in pop warner previously. for me, i am not sure if that matters or not.
    Well as it says in any prospectus, past performance is no guarantee of future results. Though what happened between the same 2 teams 20 days ago, is a bit different than what happened in your spoof of 20 years ago, isn't it? These are the woeful Bengals who have NEVER beaten anyone good all year. Houston isn't great, but they're good. Watch and learn.

On another theory you're sure to dis-credit, in the course of a day you'll always have some faves and some dogs. Did you see NCAAB Florida, a huge fave, go down this morning? Did you see NCAAF Pitt, a huge fave, fold? Did you see the NHL Bruins, a huge fave, go down this afternoon? If for nothing else, I'd bet the NFL fave to win on that alone.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    The healthy Houston team that was on the field in week 4 would indeed spank Cincy. This team isn't them.
    They're all mostly probable with some questionable and no doubtfuls, which means they've been resting, healing, and good bye Cin

4seasons

One more stat that you're sure to discredit, while I cannot ...

Other than SF, Balt & Pitt, no else else gave up fewer than 300 points on the season ... except of course Houston. Of course that doesn't tell the whole story, however, it tells me that the lame ass Bengals will have big time trouble scoring.

4seasons

And except for the Pats, the Texans scored more points than any other AFC playoff team. They score, they play D, they're home, they're hungry ... so Cincy

thebestthereis

Well as it says in any prospectus, past performance is no guarantee of future results. Though what happened between the same 2 teams 20 days ago, is a bit different than what happened in your spoof of 20 years ago, isn't it? These are the woeful Bengals who have NEVER beaten anyone good all year. Houston isn't great, but they're good. Watch and learn.

On another theory you're sure to dis-credit, in the course of a day you'll always have some faves and some dogs. Did you see NCAAB Florida, a huge fave, go down this morning? Did you see NCAAF Pitt, a huge fave, fold? Did you see the NHL Bruins, a huge fave, go down this afternoon? If for nothing else, I'd bet the NFL fave to win on that alone.
    i fade lang, i don't handicap, watch many games nor give a flip about any of the teams or players because they don't care about me. at the end of the month i count my money. that being said, i honestly hope whatever it is you are doing works for you. i know what i do works for me and probably a lot others as well. good luck!

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

They're all mostly probable with some questionable and no doubtfuls, which means they've been resting, healing, and good bye Cin
    Oh my god, Schaub is playing instead of a 5th round pick who played 4 games? I better go change my bet!

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    i fade lang, i don't handicap, watch many games nor give a flip about any of the teams or players because they don't care about me. at the end of the month i count my money. that being said, i honestly hope whatever it is you are doing works for you. i know what i do works for me and probably a lot others as well. good luck!
    Always easy to say you're counting. Feel free of course to post your plays, so it can be proven, as we welcome all the help we can get. Otherwise, what's the point of putting a spoof in my thread to belittle my opinion after handicapping the games the way I do? If you just fade Lang, and count money, you really should be out on your yacht with a bunch of bikini babes, and not harassing an internet forum, shouldn't you?

thebestthereis

i fade lang and win. if you don't believe me i am sorry. if you need proof of his record it is 100% verified here somewhere i am sure of it. i have nothing negative to say about your methods whatsoever i promise you and i never did. why don't you post your records, i already told you mine i fade lang. his are 100% transparent which are mine as well, except the exact opposite of his.

4seasons

Whatever this Lang is, you still have to make the bet, and decide how much to bet. But seriously, if it's that easy, I just assume give up all the work I do, and go with you. So let's presume all the picks you post are for 1 unit, unless you say otherwise. Please show us all your plays, or fade of this Lang, so we can just make easy money. How about you post 10 plays, and let's see how you did then, ok?

My record is made public. 10-9-2 and down 63 bucks for the month. Nothing easy about that.

4seasons

If you don't beat anyone good in the regular season, how in the world are you going to go on the road as a wildcard and beat a first place team? You're not, right Cincy? Right!

Off on the right foot for these Playoffs

4seasons

Pitino loses too on top of FL, and those others mentioned above. You know what that means? The Saints will have this game won by halftime.

4seasons

2 for 2 in NFL Playoffs ...

4seasons

So you think the Falcons can win in New York today? I for one do not. Look at the teams' recent history. Atlanta hasn't played anyone good recently, except for the Saints, where they lost twice. In the first one they were a 1 point fave at home, and lost by 3. Then, as a 7 point dog away, they lost by 29, so they played worse ... much worse and that was just 2 games ago! Since November the only other decent team they played was Houston, and as a 2 point fave lost by 7, with only scoring 10 points against the Texans. Everyone else they played and beat since November were the doormats of the NFL (IN, TN, MN, Caro, Jax, & TB). TB, Atlanta's last game, unlike the futility of any other team this year, finished their season losing 10 in a row. There's nothing here that indicates Atlanta does anything good today against the Giants.

NYG on the other hand, since November played one of the toughest schedules you'll find, verse Atlanta that played one of the weakest. Look what the G-men faced, NE, SF, Phil, NO, GB, Dal, Wash, NYJ & Dal. Let's go back to the game against NE, where they were like 10 point dogs as the Pats hadn't lost at home for an eternity. As a 10 pt dog Giants won by 4, holding Brady's offense to just 20 points. Giants lost their next 2 after the high of winning in NE, but only by 1 score. They did get blown out in NO like everyone else, but played their tails off to a 3 pt loss to GB in their next game. Have no clue what happened to the G-men when they lost to Wash, probably a let down after they beat Dal on Manning's magic, and were looking ahead to NYJ. They did beat Dal twice and NYJ, and the last 2 must wins against decent teams they won each handily by 15 & 17 pts. That's right, their last 2 games, like playoff games, the Giants romped.

You think the G-men romped over the rival 'Boys & Jets to get to the playoffs, only to lose at home to the Falcons? If you do, you better wake up. Manning has lost his only 2 playoff games at home in the past, so he'll be winning this one today, as Matt Ryan isn't proven. Manning is much proven, while Atlanta has to have no confidence in themselves, as they couldn't cover at home against TN or MN, lost as a fave to the Texans and know they can't ever beat an elite team such as the Saints who crushed them to bits. But against TB, Atl looks good

NYG's QB & Coach have rings, experience, home-field, and based on the way they closed out the season romping over NYJ at Dal, the G-men have serious momentum. What do the Falcons have getting blown out by the Saints and then playing TB? Nothing! The Falcons have nothing.

I'd think the G-men at home would be 3.5 to 4 pt faves today, if not more. Only being faved by 3 today doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe there's something I'm missing. Maybe not. So forget the points, though I don't fear the G-men losing, I do fear a late FG to win it by like 1 or 2. Thus, I'll pay the extra juice to save the potential sweating in the end ...

Giants ML @ -145

4seasons

Denver recently was blown out by Buffalo, so their defense can't be that good. Then they lose 7-3 to KC! Meanwhile, Pitt has won 10 of their last 12. The offense is badly banged up, which should elevate the play of the others, knowing they are shorthanded. On the flip side, there is nothing wrong with Pitt's D. In their last 5 wins, they only gave up 9, 7, 3, 0 & 9. That's only 28 points given up in FIVE (5) of their last 6 games! They only gave up 20 in their loss at SF. There's no way a rookie QB, not a prayer, is going to beat the Steelers. Broncos gave up 390 points this year, to Pitt's 227. 227, that was #1 in the NFL for PA. If a rookie team who gives up 390 points on the year, and played awful their last 2 games, beats an experienced team that only gave up 227 points all year, then you will have seen a miracle. If you like betting miracles, good luck with that. I like betting winners.

Steelers -7.5

4seasons

Steel was too beat up. So 3-1 this weekend, and on to ...

NFL Football American Football - Sat 1/14

GameHandicapMoney LineTotal PointsMoreSat 1/14109New Orleans Saints-3.5 2.0001.541Over 47.5 2.04001:30 PM110San Francisco 49ers+3.5 1.9262.660Under 47.5 1.870Sat 1/14111Denver Broncos+13.5 2.060Over 49.5 1.92605:00 PM112New England Patriots-13.5 1.870Under 49.5 1.980NFL Football American Football - Sun 1/15

GameHandicapMoney LineTotal PointsMoreSun 1/15113Houston Texans+9 1.7944.220Over 35.5 1.92610:00 AM114Baltimore Ravens -9 2.1601.270Under 35.5 1.980Sun 1/15115New York Giants+9 1.8854.340Over 51.5 1.87704:30 PM116Green Bay Packers-9 2.0401.259Under 51.5 2.030

4seasons

Doing well lately in the NFL

Risked: $800.00Won: $612.00Lost: -$110.00Net: $502.00Win Percentage 85.71% | 6-1