E in AZ
    E in AZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

Wild Card Teaser Guarantee!! Haha

First time post, so I'm gonna try to be as obnoxious as possible. Just remember, these picks are GUARANTEES!!

(told you I was going to be obnoxious)

...anyway, here goes - 4 game 6 point teaser. Fade away if you dare...

HOU/CIN U44.5
    With two rookie quarterbacks starting, this game will be managed by Arian Foster and Cedric Benson. There also won't be many opportunities for either team to create big plays with the way these defenses line up. Not only will this game fall below 44.5, I really think we are going to see the score float around 30. Prediction HOU 17, CIN 9

DET +16.5
    The Saints should win this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit somehow pulled off the win. Either way, it's gonna be close. Stafford and Co. started the year off strong and then ended the year on a powerful note. They had their share of struggles in the middle, but they are playing at a high level right now and are too far under the radar!! Two touchdows plus some on a tease is a gift here. I still have the Saints winning, but it's close. Prediction NO 41, DET 38

DET/NO O53
    See above Prediction. This one is going to be in the 70's and possibly hit 80. There will be very little ground game as both QB's will pass for over 400 yards. There will be a lot of clock stoppage with an abundance of passing and little rushing. Did I mention how often these teams can score on one play? Whew, this one is going to be fun to watch! As I mentioned in the last blurb... Prediction NO 41, DET 38

NYG +3
    I know I'm crossing zero, blah blah blah, but there are only 4 games to work with here. I really feel strongly about the Giants winning, so who cares crossing zero. The Falcons have looked flat all year against good teams and just beat up teams like Tampa Bay at home. Whoopie-doo... Eli Manning has been pretty damn good all year and with Atlanta traveling to New York, I expect there this to be a mis-match. Matty Ice is not a great QB outside of a dome either. I'm not sure why Vegas set the straight line at -3. They would probably get a lot more action on Atlanta if they would just bump it up a half point to -3.5. Anyway, Giants by 10 in a grinder. Prediction NYG 24, ATL 14

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I like it overall....think I'm going to play Houston/Cincy Under now. Houston will basically keep running until 3rd/long. I don't like Detroit to stay all that close but Over is still good. One big disagreement though is NY +3. I like the Giants but when Eli sucks (almost always at home too?) he really sucks and the entire team is flat....3 will be no help if that happens.

I have NY/Atl teased to Over 40....13 of the 16 Giants games have been over 40. 2 good QBs & alot of quality receivers in this one.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 01-05-12 at 03:04 PM.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're better off 3 teaming it and leaving the giants off. Why force the 4 teamer, especially with so much value lost?

E in AZ

Thanks for the feedback. I've seen your posts on here before - I have been a long time viewer and am bored at work, so I decided to finally register to add some two cents...

Houston/Cincy is definitely my top play of the week without any teases. The line just keeps creeping up too, so I'm not putting any money down until Saturday.

I'm expecting everyone to poo-poo my Detroit pick, but 16.5 on a tease is a lot and I feel is safer than -3.5 on New Orleans. Sounds wrong to say that cause I love the way the Saints play.

Lastly, I think everyone is trying to find the "upset" of the weekend and since everyone loves to hate on teams like Dallas, NYG, New England, etc, so a trendy team like Atlanta is easy to side on.

E in AZ

So Gilly, if the Packers face the Saints in the Championship game and are favored by 4 are you going to leave them off because they cross zero and "lose so much value"?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

You can parlay football w/hoops (5.5 pts) on 5 Dimes. My Indiana Hoosiers are minus 7.5 tonite vs Michigan and we haven't lost a home game all year. I'm a B10 man and have seen Michigan alot too....they have nobody to guard 6'11" future NBAer Cody Zeller....(-2) is very very safe imo.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by E in AZ View Post
    So Gilly, if the Packers face the Saints in the Championship game and are favored by 4 are you going to leave them off because they cross zero and "lose so much value"?
    Yes, I would leave them off a teaser no questions asked.