Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's your take on TO's injury

Do you guys really think his hamstring injury is really that serious? I have heard people say that he is playing up the injury to avoid training camp.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope so. I don't want him getting legitimately injured and missing time when the games count.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

The top sports story in the San Antonio Express News this morning was about Parcells bitching to the media about their obsession with Owens missing a lot of practices. It seems he's giving TO the benefit of the doubt (unusual for Parcells since the MRI was negative). TO will definitely miss the exhibition opener. He's flying in his own trainers and medical staff to help in his recovery.

On a side note, he also said there's a 50 percent that Romo will start at QB against Seattle on Sat and there's a good chance Bledsoe won't play at all. I don't think Parcells cares at all about this game. Although there really isn't much motivation for the Seahawks either, I am giving the -2 points in this game. No Bledsoe, no TO, undrafted free agent Sam Hurd as the featured WR (even Terry Glenn has missed a few practices with blisters on his feet), Parcells saying he "would like to look at extensively" rookie free safety Patrick Watkins in the exh opener, a rumor on this forum somewhere that says Parcells thinks it's bad luck to win the exhibition opener... I really like Seattle to cruise to a double digit win.

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    a rumor on this forum somewhere that says Parcells thinks it's bad luck to win the exhibition opener... I really like Seattle to cruise to a double digit win.
    That was me I live in Vegas and I was playing craps at the hardrock around this time last year, and winning a lot of money tipped the dealer good and he told me that a high roller told him that bill thinks its bad luck to win his first preseason game so I though what the hell I put 1000 on it the cards won that game on a last sec field goal, the year before cowboys lost 18-0, but the year before that they thumped the Texans by 25. So even though am doing the preseason underdog ml system I just threw a 100 on the hawks myself. But who knows if that’s really true.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Do you guys really think his hamstring injury is really that serious? I have heard people say that he is playing up the injury to avoid training camp.

thats probly true IMO

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Well, I guess it's no longer a rumor -- it's confirmed! I love those kind of stories... Whether it's true or not he thinks it's bad luck, I don't know. I do know I have been reading reports on Cowboys training camps every day in the local paper and Parcells is really putting off a vibe like he could give a rat's behind about this game.