lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Falcons ML +135.

No one really wants to take ATL on the road in New York cause they are a dome team etc etc. The reality is that ATl has been playing great and consistent football for months now. They have won 8 of the last 11 games and two of those losses were to the saints who also pumped the giants. The other loss was in Houston to a solid team. The giants are a jekkyl and hyde club. They show up when you least expect them to do and they dont show up when they are supposed to. Dont make much of last weeks win over the cowboys. If you base that on betting here then you can take new york but that momentum is gone. The giants will have trouble running in this game and i see no way they can control the atl receiving corps. Sure the Giants are good at blitzing with there front four but ATL QB Matt Ryan has had his playoff losses and this year he is ready to lead this team to a good playoff run that will start with a victory at New York. Inconsistent teams like the Giants usually get bounced in games like this and i dont see any reason that wont happen again.

Falcons ML +135 (15x)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fortune500

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Agree

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like this pick LB and that's not my bias side talking here. The Falcons have a legit shot at beating the Giants in New York this weekend. They'll be prepared for this one and like you mentioned I think the Falcons are ready to make some noise in this year's playoffs.

Good luck

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No one really wants to take ATL on the road in New York cause they are a dome team etc etc. The reality is that ATl has been playing great and consistent football for months now. They have won 8 of the last 11 games and two of those losses were to the saints who also pumped the giants. The other loss was in Houston to a solid team. The giants are a jekkyl and hyde club. They show up when you least expect them to do and they dont show up when they are supposed to. Dont make much of last weeks win over the cowboys. If you base that on betting here then you can take new york but that momentum is gone. The giants will have trouble running in this game and i see no way they can control the atl receiving corps. Sure the Giants are good at blitzing with there front four but ATL QB Matt Ryan has had his playoff losses and this year he is ready to lead this team to a good playoff run that will start with a victory at New York. Inconsistent teams like the Giants usually get bounced in games like this and i dont see any reason that wont happen again. Falcons ML +135 (15x)
    I'm with you on this one I got +140

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I think your right. Things just seem to be happening in the Falcons favor...little things. Lets recap
    1. They built a little momentum by dusting off the Bucs
    2. The Lions lost...avoiding the superdome slaughterhouse
    3. Giants coming off very emotional win, invoking thoughts of glory year runs
    4. Giants talking smack about Falcons Offensive line and that they cant play outside dome. Falcons no reply...not even Roddy
    5. Ryan hasnt thrown an INT in 4 games
    6. Jones is at peak strength
    7. No injuries and secondary is better than last year at Nickel play
    8. ATL has chip on shoulder from last year after being bounced from being #1 seed
    9. Bad Eli is due to show up soon

All this really doesnt mean Sheeit right now but if they win...I can say that I saw the signs man!!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    I think your right. Things just seem to be happening in the Falcons favor...little things. Lets recap
    1. They built a little momentum by dusting off the Bucs
    2. The Lions lost...avoiding the superdome slaughterhouse
    3. Giants coming off very emotional win, invoking thoughts of glory year runs
    4. Giants talking smack about Falcons Offensive line and that they cant play outside dome. Falcons no reply...not even Roddy
    5. Ryan hasnt thrown an INT in 4 games
    6. Jones is at peak strength
    7. No injuries and secondary is better than last year at Nickel play
    8. ATL has chip on shoulder from last year after being bounced from being #1 seed
    9. Bad Eli is due to show up soon

All this really doesnt mean Sheeit right now but if they win...I can say that I saw the signs man!!
    This

TOLD YA
    TOLD YA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

I understand that you might think the giants are not strong enough to win the owl, but atl is a dome team and now that the giants d is health watch out, in my opinion they can compete with any team out there right now, with the exception of the saints at home, look for the game to be close but gmen take it here.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

im not sold on the falcons yet until they show me something in the playoffs. no play for me.

rockhardfister

http://nflweather.com/game/2011/wild...cons-at-giants

Not sure who snow and rain favors. Usually the running team.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LB do you bet with real money? serious question, not trying to talk shit or anything..

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

How can you compare the Falcons to the Saints?
    Get all your Falcon buddies on your bandwagon too haha =)
    ELI has been great all season what makes you think he will NOT show up sunday ?

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

I am far from a Giants fan, but the how can you back the Falcons in this one? Falcons on the road are garbage and they will continue to be garbage. Here are the road games this year
    1- Loss to the bears
    2- Loss to the Bucs
    3- Just got by the Seahawks 30-28
    4-Beat the lions- OK a good game
    5-Beat the colts..Who can’t?
    6-Loss to the Texans
    7-Beat the Panthers
    8-slaughtered by the Saints
    4-4 on the road, versus a HOT Giants team... Good luck on this.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

The last thing bettors saw was Giants beating Dallas by big margin. Giants are now at home only -3 vs the dome Falcons which is easy money. Giants all day by just a field goal. Love the Falcons.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    I am far from a Giants fan, but the how can you back the Falcons in this one? Falcons on the road are garbage and they will continue to be garbage. Here are the road games this year
    1- Loss to the bears
    2- Loss to the Bucs
    6-Loss to the Texans
    7-Beat the Panthers
    This.... I see one quality road win.

freakydave

Giants are 5-7 vs the nfc 4-4 at home 3-5 in their last 8 wow they are screaming hot

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i think LB is either betting with monopoly money or trying to burry the board.

this is same guy who was trying to sell us on Buccaneers ML against the Falcons last week.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by manicart View Post
    How can you compare the Falcons to the Saints? Get all your Falcon buddies on your bandwagon too haha =) ELI has been great all season what makes you think he will NOT show up sunday ?
    Really?? that's why they are 4-4 at home & 9-7 overall in that weakass craptacular division.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Giants by 7+

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LB do you bet with real money? serious question, not trying to talk shit or anything..

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i think LB is either betting with monopoly money or trying to burry the board.

this is same guy who was trying to sell us on Buccaneers ML against the Falcons last week.
    why would i try to bury the board? I think ATL is a solid play. i would not be surprised if they closed at +2.5 and +115 on the ml. I gave my reasons

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I like the Giants here but Atlanta scares me. I teased Over 40 and think thats the best play with this one. The Giants are getting healthy and several guys are stepping up rushing the passer. Atlanta's pash rush is pretty much Abraham by himself. Matt Ryan is still going to burn that secondary & wouldn't be surprised much if Atl won. They can't be one-n-done every year can they?

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    1- Loss to the bears
    2- Loss to the Bucs
    6-Loss to the Texans
    7-Beat the Panthers
    I can play that game to with the 4-4 Giants @ Home.

1 - Beat Rams
    2 - Lost to Seattle by 11 (who ATL beat at Sea)
    3 - Barely beat Buffalo by 3
    4 - Barely beat Miami by 3
    5 - Lost to Philly (who ATL beat when they were healthy)
    6 - Lost to GB
    7 - Lost to Redskins
    8 - Beat Dallas

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I can play that game to with the 4-4 Giants @ Home.

1 - Beat Rams
    2 - Lost to Seattle by 11 (who ATL beat at Sea)
    3 - Barely beat Buffalo by 3
    4 - Barely beat Miami by 3
    5 - Lost to Philly (who ATL beat when they were healthy)
    6 - Lost to GB
    7 - Lost to Redskins
    8 - Beat Dallas

While true, Atl only beat Philly because Vick got hurt during the game.

TS makes a good point. As a Giant fan who's been on the wrong end of a lot of games this year, this does sort of feel like a loss. The team loses when you don't expect them to, aside from the New Orleans loss. The GB and SF losses were great performances that I will give them credit for.

The team last beat Dallas in Dallas and lost at home to Washington. Why not lose to Atlanta after beating Dallas this year?

You gotta say, the 3 points seems like the books want you on the Giants.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Let's see how the Falcons play in poor weather.

The Giants have proven to win in the playoffs. The Falcons have not.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

public perception is one of the biggest, aids to capping games, squares will never get that, what happened last week means nothing......every game has to be lokked at on its own merits

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think this is just another jynx thread from LakerBoy...

Why do you think he loses all the time??? He really doesn't... He plays the opposite of his postings

Giants will win this weekend... i am not biased because i am a Giants fan. i have looked at this match-up from a few different angles. Giants are the better team

rockhardfister

Well I am a Falcon fan and I am biased and I also know when they have a favorable matchup. Does that mean they will win? No but here are some key facts. All people want to talk about is the Giants pass rush and Falcons poor offensive line when the reality is that the Oline is playing great lately. Falcons have given up 26 sacks and people think they have pass protection issues? Early in the year they had issues. First three games they gave up 13 sacks, but that's when McClure was out and they were moving guys around on the OL. In the last 13 games they have given up 13 sacks. The Giants defense is ranked 27th overall (29th in passing defense and 19th in rushing defense), and Atlanta has a well-balanced offensive attack ranked 10th overall (8th in both passing and rushing). Combined with this fact, Atlanta's Defense is ranked in the top 10 overall. The Falcons are hot right now, Ryan hasnt thrown an INT in 4x games and in the last four games, Jones has gone off for 393 receiving yards and six touchdowns. The new Julio Jones threat is something that teams didnt have to game plan for until recently. Cant wait for this game. Never been more confident! GL to all.

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

all those falcon weapons scare me... but the gmen are just about fully healthy, pass rush is hot, and have a qb whose proven he can win a big close game

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Over. Easy and done.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    public perception is one of the biggest, aids to capping games, squares will never get that, what happened last week means nothing......every game has to be lokked at on its own merits
    The Giants got back Osi & Justin Tuck had a nice game for the 2nd week in a row when most people thought he was a bust this year. The Giants got 6 sacks on Romo overall. I'd say last week meant something....it meant the Giants are finally getting their people healthy on D at the right time & they're not a 27th ranked defense or whatever they are statistically.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 01-05-12 at 02:40 PM.

rockhardfister

The Giants have had Back to Back huge games against the Jets and Cowboys and I really dont think they are too excited about playing the Atlants Falcons. I know its the playoffs but what really is there to get excited about when playing the Falcons? Historically, these are the kinds of games that the NY Giants have a let down. It wouldnt surprise me if the Giants were unfocused and start off slow in this game, much like the Washington and Seattle game. I read some crazy stat where the visiting team has won 14 of the last 15 games in the head to head series. Giants are not good ATS when acting as the home FAV.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

agreed, even reports out of giant camp say they would rather go back to week 12 of the regular season and forgo the entire playoffs altogether

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    i think this is just another jynx thread from LakerBoy...

Why do you think he loses all the time??? He really doesn't... He plays the opposite of his postings

Giants will win this weekend... i am not biased because i am a Giants fan. i have looked at this match-up from a few different angles. Giants are the better team
    I can't take his threads seriously.

Every week it's the same thing....MONEY LINE this, MONEY LINE that, EASIEST BET OF THE SEASON...etc.

I cant tell if he just wants to be faded or if he's just throwing out long-shots so that when one FINALLY hits he can brag about what an awesome capper he is.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    agreed, even reports out of giant camp say they would rather go back to week 12 of the regular season and forgo the entire playoffs altogether
    ! Talk to me when Eli wins a home playoff game.

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Over. Easy and done.

Pelt
    Pelt's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants have had Back to Back huge games against the Jets and Cowboys and I really dont think they are too excited about playing the Atlants Falcons. I know its the playoffs but what really is there to get excited about when playing the Falcons? Historically, these are the kinds of games that the NY Giants have a let down. It wouldnt surprise me if the Giants were unfocused and start off slow in this game, much like the Washington and Seattle game. I read some crazy stat where the visiting team has won 14 of the last 15 games in the head to head series. Giants are not good ATS when acting as the home FAV.

And the Jets and Cowboys turned out to be pretenders, Oh yea they suck as well.

12 Last