milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude its not dalton....First you guys have a pretty solid line, whiteworth is underrated, mb the most underrated ol in the game. Andre smith has been pretty solid on the right side. If benson had an explosive gene in him, your running game would rival the texans.

In the passing game you have aj green. A true #1 deep threat that has to have a safety playing deep on him always. Even in double or triple teams dalton can lob it and hope is stud wr bails him out. On the opposite side you have another athletic freak, the former 2nd rounder simpson. Dude was raw as fuuuuuk when drafted, but now has turned into a good intermediate route runner. Underneath you had caldwell, and now hawkins with the injury. Quick little dudes that can move the chain and generate YAC like crazy.

At TE, gresham is a matchup nightmare, a top ten te and a beast catching the ball. On third downs out of the back field brian leonard is a pretty darn good blocker, and pass catcher that someone always gets 1 inch past the first down marker.

I dont care what stats dalton has for passing, its the players around him. Take dalton out and put gradowski in there and there is minimal (maybe no) drop off.

He hasnt even had a top ten rookie season. not even close. Maybe even top 5 rookie this season

milkncereal

rookie seasons that were better then dalton by far: boldin, lott, peterson, kearse, james, sayers, moss, LT (original), dickerson, marino, hell even suh and i hate the dude.

From this year an argument can be made for newton, green, julio jones, demarco murray, miller, peterson....i guess dalton could be #3-7 rookie of the year

milkncereal

dude also only threw over 300 yards twice this season...nowadays 300 + games arent awe inspiring games like the past.

Plus the ravens game where he threw almost 400 (373) he threw 3 picks....and lost....

Skware
    Skware's Avatar Become A Pro!

The league’s asthmatic kid who can’t keep up. The Texans haven’t won by more than a touchdown since November. It’s January now. Yates third-string QB expected to be back with separated left (non-throwing) shoulder. The Bengals were 5-3 on the road this year and Dalton continues to struggle faltering over the last 7 games.
    Texans’ pass defense vs. Andy Dalton or poor vs miserable

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans win by a TD. The Texans rested Arian Foster last week and will finally have Andre Johnson ready to play on Saturday.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    Dude its not dalton....First you guys have a pretty solid line, whiteworth is underrated, mb the most underrated ol in the game. Andre smith has been pretty solid on the right side. If benson had an explosive gene in him, your running game would rival the texans.

In the passing game you have aj green. A true #1 deep threat that has to have a safety playing deep on him always. Even in double or triple teams dalton can lob it and hope is stud wr bails him out. On the opposite side you have another athletic freak, the former 2nd rounder simpson. Dude was raw as fuuuuuk when drafted, but now has turned into a good intermediate route runner. Underneath you had caldwell, and now hawkins with the injury. Quick little dudes that can move the chain and generate YAC like crazy.

At TE, gresham is a matchup nightmare, a top ten te and a beast catching the ball. On third downs out of the back field brian leonard is a pretty darn good blocker, and pass catcher that someone always gets 1 inch past the first down marker.

I dont care what stats dalton has for passing, its the players around him. Take dalton out and put gradowski in there and there is minimal (maybe no) drop off.

He hasnt even had a top ten rookie season. not even close. Maybe even top 5 rookie this season

Retard confirmed. No rookie QB has put up these numbers and has his team actually winning. I'm not responding to your retarded walk of texts again. It's a bunch of horse crap.

texn4life
    texn4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

This game could go either way, but I think the Texans win 20-13. The city is going nuts right now so the crowd will play a huge factor. The only way the Bengals win is if the win the turnover battle big which is possible the way the Texans have been playing. Yates will be ready to play though, so play Cinci at your own risk.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The biggest factor in this game is that Wade Phillips is back. Its no coincidence they lost the Carolina and Indianapolis games with him out. I don't count the Tennessee game because Kubiak rested a lot of their major players in that game. This defense is going to come out with a vengeance on Andy Dalton tomorrow. Take the under, for sure.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Really looks like all signs point to Texans, the home field is worth at least 3, Dalton's flu, Foster rested, should have edge in the trenches on both sides etc. etc. Get it at -3 while you can, best bet of the weekend IMO.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this thread has caused the Texans to get hammered on 5 dimes.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the reason i can't bet the Texans is the "remote chance of Jake Delhomme getting playing time"

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Skware View Post
    The league’s asthmatic kid who can’t keep up. The Texans haven’t won by more than a touchdown since November. It’s January now. Yates third-string QB expected to be back with separated left (non-throwing) shoulder. The Bengals were 5-3 on the road this year and Dalton continues to struggle faltering over the last 7 games.
    Texans’ pass defense vs. Andy Dalton or poor vs miserable

THIS post is why a lot of people who think they can handicap or look at stats lose their asses. Not that it isnt correct, it is just nonsense in the grand scheme.

Instead of saying all that you just have to look at the game Cinci and texas played IN Cinci. Cinci lost, WITH yates BTW first game he ever started probably first NFL game he ever played in. Thats all you need to look at. You can draw as many inconclusive points from that game as that post does.

Is Yates better? Probably but he is hurt. Cinci lost but they had to kick 5 FGS if anyone of them is a TD its a blow out win for them. Texas had 4 turnovers, one basically in the Cinci end zone. Cinci had 2 turnovers. Houston outgained Cinci by double in that game. Houston won on a last second play.

-3 on Houston was a typical bullshit number that books hang to gauge where the action is. The fact that they have moved the ML so far so fast shows that they found to what they wanted to. Not to mention they put it at -3.5 in a pretty big hurry as well. The 'true' number on this game probably should have been -5 (another bullshit number). But that opens them up to too much Cinci money more than likely, so they took the 'safe' road hung the 3 and were ready to move when they saw what way the real money was going to come in. They also figure that -3 with some vig will open up some buy backs even at only +3.5 if the vig is right there. So if a guy has -3 +110 and then goes back +3.5 110 he is on a free roll.

The big thing to this is the first few moves were on Cinci money so even at +3 some guys were willing to take it. This game is very similar to the Patriots Denver game where they threw up a number and let that gauge the line of thinking. Denver took the first 3 or 4 moves then the Pats money avalanched in. All it basicallt showed that the books hung an original number they werent scared of getting sided or middled on.

So even if this game does hit 5 at some places and I think it does books are more than willing to hang a 3 to get info when they are giving a bunch of dead middle numbers to get info. And even if Houston wins by a FG they only get sided which is more than worth the peanuts they lost.

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

This is a game I would stay away from. I don't feel comfortable betting money on Yates. Public will be all over Houston and it worries me that the line is only -3. Cincy front 7 are very physical and active. Be careful.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good this ML is getting juicier and juicer.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Line moved 75 cents since the start of this thread. More than I even expected.

Betting makes this game very watchable.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Good this ML is getting juicier and juicer.
    Time to double up on the Bengals at almost +200

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

lang is on houston, right side just went to dead side

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Organize crime is on bengals

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Here is a little bookmaking 101 for you guys. When a team opens -3 +115 and goes -3.5 in 3 days that is a TON of money. A TON. Now that they are off the 3 and its a free fall there is no telling where this ends up by kick off. But the money it took to get them from 3 with PLUS vig to 3.5 was more than it will take to get it from the current -4 to whatever.

That is even if they did post a bullshit number of -3 to get a gauge of the price. because they did hold -3 for 3.5 days and it got to -3 -130 before they even moved it to -3.5 and they let that get to -120 before it moved to -4. Now it is just academic. If youre looking to take Cinci I would wait they might hit 230 before it is all said and done. Still dont think they can win but if you like them might as well wait for the best price.

Basically I am not sure what they can do to balance action on it at this point. Because if they throw out a cant resist number on Cinci then they run a risk of getting sided. Guys on -3 +115 are on a complete free roll here. I am sure some people took +3.5 +110 but some might still be waiting for +4.5 so they get a side and a middle, even if it is on a dead number.

k13

Is Lang going to screw this?

He's on -4 and I took the ML early so hopefully that makes a difference.

I still see no reason to change my mind.

**** Lang. Not Scared.
    Last edited by k13; 01-07-12 at 12:54 PM.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

if you're on the same team as lang then you're doing it wrong.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Seriously going to hedge my Houston play now. No need to get Lang'ed on purpose.

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Hey K...as a fellow 9er fan here who would you rather face next week???Pack or Saints assuming Saints win today....GB has a weak D rating.....Or Saints O firepower???Good luck on plays today bud!!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Going to be a low scoring game that I think the Bengals come out on top.

milkncereal

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Retard confirmed. No rookie QB has put up these numbers and has his team actually winning. I'm not responding to your retarded walk of texts again. It's a bunch of horse crap.
    then flacco and rapeisburger and even sanchez had better seasons then dalton using your reasoning. Dumbfuk

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Bengals +4 for $200 is the Pickle's play today

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Is Lang going to screw this? He's on -4 and I took the ML early so hopefully that makes a difference. I still see no reason to change my mind. **** Lang. Not Scared.
    ML will probably be good...............

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Have a feeling that Texans will win by 3 or less. I bought half a point when line first came out and have -2.5 which I'm not sold on. I was looking at the ML but had a hard time finding any value there. If I came in now I'd most likely take Bengals ML at +190ish. This game will be close, I have trouble seeing a blowout here unless one teams D really makes som HUGE plays.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    if you're on the same team as lang then you're doing it wrong.
    Lang decided to join my team for a day.

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

Nice one K

k13

Burn all those cute little Bengals Teasers.

Ginger QB.
    Black HC.

Bengals28, how did you like Dalton today?

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Burn all those cute little Bengals Teasers.

Ginger QB.
    Black HC.

Bengals28, how did you like Dalton today?
    Not only a prick, racist also?

I was on the Texans but why be a dick about it?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Lang decided to join my team for a day.
    blind squirrels have to eat too!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Have a feeling that Texans will win by 3 or less. I bought half a point when line first came out and have -2.5 which I'm not sold on. I was looking at the ML but had a hard time finding any value there. If I came in now I'd most likely take Bengals ML at +190ish. This game will be close, I have trouble seeing a blowout here unless one teams D really makes som HUGE plays.
    i had texans -2.5 (sold points via an alternate line) the last time these two teams played a couple weeks ago. didnt work out too well. they won by 1 or 2 and my bengals ml cover bets lost.

First 123 Last