ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

vid or it never happened

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It happened. Just the wrong person to emulate in the clutch. Leaf?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Tt warrior I told you the year and game don't be lazy and look it up... lmao. If your as clutch as ryan leaf well then you got issues

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

1998 Rose Bowl

ebbearsfb1

Thanks 1997 season then it was against michigan

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i remember that, same spot on the field too

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I don't understand why they just don't run a play. They should know they couldn't spike it that fast.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I don't understand why they just don't run a play. They should know they couldn't spike it that fast.
    It's going to be an offensive penalty every time. Everybody is running around crazy, no one is set. Spiking is the right play.

ebbearsfb1

Idk seemed like they had enough time to run the play... everyone was set to spike it... should be set to run a play

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

im sure its on youtube

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Idk seemed like they had enough time to run the play... everyone was set to spike it... should be set to run a play
    Sure they were set. It's because they didn't have to worry about anything else (like, hey what play are we going to run??) and just focus on lining up.

Sports Tsunami
    Sports Tsunami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It's going to be an offensive penalty every time. Everybody is running around crazy, no one is set. Spiking is the right play.
    You still have to be set to spike the ball. They had time to setup anyway since the play before was a 1st down.

IMO he could have spiked it with a second left if he was quick with it. He didn't act like he was in a real hurry.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

they should have ran their previous play towards the sideline or lateraled the ball because with 2 seconds left and no time outs you're fuked.

ebbearsfb1

What play your going to run? Umm if u need to ask you shouldn't be on the field anyway

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    What play your going to run? Umm if u need to ask you shouldn't be on the field anyway
    So they all will somehow know what play they are going to run. All 11? Really? How will they know this? Who's calling the play? How long does that take?

It's just not that easy. The spike is the right call.

FindTheLock

the coach is the reason they didn't have any more time outs in the first place. Even if they all go deep on that last play there is a small percentage they catch the hail mary in the end zone.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    the coach is the reason they didn't have any more time outs in the first place. Even if they all go deep on that last play there is a small percentage they catch the hail mary in the end zone.
    What's the snap count?

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    So they all will somehow know what play they are going to run. All 11? Really? How will they know this? Who's calling the play? How long does that take? It's just not that easy. The spike is the right call.

I played college football.

I've been in that situation before... it should be done in practice everyone knows what they are suppose to do. the play call is get your ass in the end zone.. and yest it is that easy...

Yup spike looks like it was the right, didn't even give urself a chance to win...

or you run a hail mary and could get lucky and get p.I. or a catch it happened twice against them they should know... always give urself a chance the spike gives you no chance with 2 seconds left
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 01-02-12 at 09:27 PM.

FindTheLock

What's the snap count?
    with 2 seconds left there is no snap count. You snap the ball and everyone runs to the end zone. There is no time for trickery... The coach busted their chances burning meaningless time outs in the 3rd quarter.

ebbearsfb1

snap count your joking right?

yeah lets snap it on 3 why dont we ..

get under center and your off...

no need for a count

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't be hatin' on my namesake!!!

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    Don't be hatin' on my namesake!!!
    I see you as more of a Jamarcus Russell of bets.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    I see you as more of a Jamarcus Russell of bets.
    Nah, I'm actually going through somewhat of a positive spell... Jamarcus Russell never had any silver lining!

jgray

You are correct that in this situation, there is no snap count to consider. But where do you draw the line and not spike the ball. Every time? Less than 1 sec? 2? 3? 4? 5? Where do you draw the line?

I just don't think you appreciate how chaotic it is in those situations. A simple task -- line up and spike it -- is much more likely to be successfully run.

ebbearsfb1

Anything less than 2 seconds... I do know how chaotic end game situations are... the defense also wasn't set ...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

You are correct that in this situation, there is no snap count to consider. But where do you draw the line and not spike the ball. Every time? Less than 1 sec? 2? 3? 4? 5? Where do you draw the line?

I just don't think you appreciate how chaotic it is in those situations. A simple task -- line up and spike it -- is much more likely to be successfully run.
    I like your thought process. Good info.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

So they all will somehow know what play they are going to run. All 11? Really? How will they know this? Who's calling the play? How long does that take?

It's just not that easy. The spike is the right call.
    Yeah, forfeiting was the right call.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Where do you draw the line?

4 Seconds is enough for a disciplined team (maybe not SEC droolers). 3 seconds is a gamble and 2 seconds should be ruled impossible kind of like inbounding rules in basketball.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

It was an absolutely boneheaded play. At 2 seconds, you know you don't have enough time to spike it. If you don't , you're an idiot. You probably aren't going to win, but you have hope. You snap the ball and throw it in the end zone. You had no chance at the 15 with 16 seconds left. Somehow, you now have a shot, which is a miracle itself. And then you throw it away and forfeit.

jgray

So it's "impossible" to spike it at 2 seconds? Seemed awfully close to being succussful to me and I thought the whole thing was pretty slow (and the clock may have started early).

Sorry guys, if you expect all 11 guys to know what to do in this situation, you are crazy. They just completed a long pass, and you expect all 11 guys to look at the clock and make an independant determination that it won't be spiked. If even one offensive lineman is wrong, here comes the rush unblocked (because he thinks it's just a spike). How much precious time do you spend practicing this play so everyone's ready? Also, what play are you running? You are only thinking about where the ball was last night. What if it's inside the 10. The "hail mary" won't work. How about inside your own 20? What play then?

Frankly, it seems to me that any coach that's thinking this far in advance is likely to NOT have burned an unnecessary TO earlier in the half.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

So it's "impossible" to spike it at 2 seconds? Seemed awfully close to being succussful to me and I thought the whole thing was pretty slow (and the clock may have started early).

Sorry guys, if you expect all 11 guys to know what to do in this situation, you are crazy. They just completed a long pass, and you expect all 11 guys to look at the clock and make an independant determination that it won't be spiked. If even one offensive lineman is wrong, here comes the rush unblocked (because he thinks it's just a spike). How much precious time do you spend practicing this play so everyone's ready? Also, what play are you running? You are only thinking about where the ball was last night. What if it's inside the 10. The "hail mary" won't work. How about inside your own 20? What play then?

Frankly, it seems to me that any coach that's thinking this far in advance is likely to NOT have burned an unnecessary TO earlier in the half.

the wisconsin coaching staff continues to get outcoached in big games like this.
    remember the end of the first half?
    wisconsin player gets tackled at the boundary with 20 seconds left, it took wisconsin all the way down to 6 seconds to realize the clock was running and call a time out.

lot of guys being paid a lot of money to look at things like that, where's the offensive/defensive coordinators and other coaches? shouldn't take 14 seconds to realize the clock is moving and what would they do with their 2 timeouts left in the first half?

bielema is always calling timeouts when he shouldn't (end of the michigan st game before hail mary, and 2 wasted 2nd half timeouts last night) and not calling them when he should (end of first half last night).

ebbearsfb1

. Have you played the game before? Any coach that doesn't practice late game situations is a moron.
    With 2 seconds left you gave yourself 0 chance with a spike... look what happened... the clock didn't start early it started when it was suppose to.. the play call is whatevrt you did in practice hail mary... 2 guys deep 1 crossing over... idk I'm not at wisconsin practices.. but yes if I was coaching I would expect them to know what they are doing, they are scholarship athletes mind you.. so instead the game ends with the ball at oregon 25 yard libne without giving your team a chance

ebbearsfb1

its called practice for a reason... you prepare your teams for late game scenarios... 10 to 15 mins of practice is dedicated to it at most programs... so about 40 mins a week give or take.. idk what wisconsin does .. I guess brett assumes they are going to blow teams out so he doesn't give a f*ck about it.. idk.. also you got a first down.. while your running down the field you had time to yell out a play number..the clock stopped ticking for a good 5 to 7 seconds
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 01-03-12 at 09:14 AM.

ebbearsfb1

The difference between 3 games yesterday was poor managing at the end of the game... georgia stanford and wisconsin coaching staffs all failed their teams

12 Last