Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

had to be the dumbest sh*t i ever seen in sports. terrible way to lose for wisky backers

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    its called practice for a reason... you prepare your teams for late game scenarios... 10 to 15 mins of practice is dedicated to it at most programs... so about 40 mins a week give or take.. idk what wisconsin does .. I guess brett assumes they are going to blow teams out so he doesn't give a f*ck about it.. idk.. also you got a first down.. while your running down the field you had time to yell out a play number..the clock stopped ticking for a good 5 to 7 seconds
    The already practice end of game situtations. It's the spike. It's simple to execute and then you run the play. Instead, you want sort of a free form "three seconds or under" rule where the players automatically know (1) it wont be a spike (2) what play they are going to run. If you have 40 minutes of practice time per week (your number) do you think these guys would rather practice this unique odd scenerio or some other component of thwe offense?

Also, I think you have a lot of faith in scholarship athletes. With no time pressure at all we see mutliple formation errors a game. Don't the coaches instruct them where to go? Of course. They make mistakes though. You want to run a play with multiple moving parts and contingencies. The easier answer is to spike it. An even easier answer is to play defense, not turn the ball over, or save a timeout. They couldn't do that either....

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Yup spike it with 2 seconds and look what happened.. so easy that u don't give yourself a chance.. and yes 40 mins over the course of the week on running the 2 min drill isn't uncommon ... and on top of that it was a bowl game so you had extra practices to prepare... great job with a spike lose it never give yourself a chance wouldn't want you coaching my team... anything less than 3 seconds and clock running your putting it in the refs and time keepers hands
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 01-03-12 at 10:50 AM.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    its called practice for a reason... you prepare your teams for late game scenarios... 10 to 15 mins of practice is dedicated to it at most programs...
    In high school the last 10-15 minutes of every practice (most tired) was used to simulate last second drives. Make a mental mistake and the whole team ran a lap!

Coaches would scream and signal the play as the offense sprinted to the line. "Clock" was the spike play. There were 3 other possible play calls, of which "colorado" was my favorite for obvious reasons.

The SBR rubes who think that the players have to do anything more than get the call from the qb or sideline were probably cut from the freshman team. Wisky had time for 1 more play, not 2. Ask any high school coach.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen the spike executed many times with just two seconds.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    I've seen the spike executed many times with just two seconds.
    Is this on playstation or xbox?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by jonah View Post
    i've seen the spike executed many times with just two seconds.
    lmao.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    In high school the last 10-15 minutes of every practice (most tired) was used to simulate last second drives. Make a mental mistake and the whole team ran a lap! Coaches would scream and signal the play as the offense sprinted to the line. "Clock" was the spike play. There were 3 other possible play calls, of which "colorado" was my favorite for obvious reasons. The SBR rubes who think that the players have to do anything more than get the call from the qb or sideline were probably cut from the freshman team. Wisky had time for 1 more play, not 2. Ask any high school coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Is this on playstation or xbox?
    bear, albert and ernie straight buried everyone half of these jock strap sniffing dopes...

you damn right when im right i talk about myself in the 3rd person....

lol... the problems all these kids play madden and think a spike can be down with .01 seconds left....

when i played in college our last 15 minutes was used for this every practice so 3 practices a week walk thru on friday..

so about 45 mins a week on 2 min drill at the end... and this would be used as our conditioning like you said

First 12