Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Drew Brees score running up scumbag

In 2007 the whole country was all over Tom Brady and Bellichek for what they were doing to teams. Now since its mr. community service no one wants to talk about it. BOGUS!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

What happened? Didn't see it.

They ran it up on Atlanta last week to get him the yard record.

Might be Steve Smith's fault for talking trash in Peyton's face in the first half.

Hurls

I'm not against running it up but if everyone is going to get mad @ some team and not others thats not right. No announcers seem to be talking about it either yet. I hope they do.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    What happened? Didn't see it.

They ran it up on Atlanta last week to get him the yard record.

Might be Steve Smith's fault for talking trash in Peyton's face in the first half.

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

Why is Brees the scumbag, he just runs the plays that are called

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

He might as well get as many reps as he can since they have a bye and teams coming in will have some gametime advantage in that respect.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by vinhmen View Post
    Why is Brees the scumbag, he just runs the plays that are called
    because he was begging to stay in the game after it was in the bag. Also he can audible and throw the deep route, there isnt just one play c'mon man.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Welcome to the new NFL. Instead of running the clock out up 20+, they want to pad stats and score points.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Welcome to the new NFL. Instead of running the clock out up 20+, they want to pad stats and score points.
    I beleive you are 100% correct it will be like this from now on.

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

What's the big deal? It's a lot more entertaining than running the clock out.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
    What's the big deal? It's a lot more entertaining than running the clock out.
    I think it is also very entertaining, but if you are going to shat on one team and player for doing it do it to all.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
    I beleive you are 100% correct it will be like this from now on.
    Top tier QB's will be the new RB's of fantasy football. All going in the first round. Sick, but true.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

I'm not against running it up but if everyone is going to get mad @ some team and not others thats not right. No announcers seem to be talking about it either yet. I hope they do.
    the monday night crew talked about it during the giants game. gruden was pissed when payton called a play up big with one minute left when he could have just kneed the ball. saints scored and gruden was pissed that the special teamers had to run down the field for a meaningless kickoff and risk injury.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    the monday night crew talked about it during the giants game. gruden was pissed when payton called a play up big with one minute left when he could have just kneed the ball. saints scored and gruden was pissed that the special teamers had to run down the field for a meaningless kickoff and risk injury.
    i missed that. that is why Gruden is one of the best announcers, my fav is colinsworth but thats all opinion. The lady who does a lot of the college games lots of bowl games but the mac and wac during the reg seaon is the worst. I cant even watch the game if she is doing it. she knows nothing.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

It's just like playing a video game with your friend. It has become so easy to score in modern day football that you may just as well try and run up the score.

Eterno_Campeon
    Eterno_Campeon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 7 against the Colts.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    It's just like playing a video game with your friend. It has become so easy to score in modern day football that you may just as well try and run up the score.
    I know they really need to do something about it I think it is changing the game for the worse IMO.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

their getting millions of dollars to stop him, if they can't too bad

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

i missed that. that is why Gruden is one of the best announcers, my fav is colinsworth but thats all opinion. The lady who does a lot of the college games lots of bowl games but the mac and wac during the reg seaon is the worst. I cant even watch the game if she is doing it. she knows nothing.
    yeah, i actually gained alot of respect for gruden from that comment. shows that unlike certain coaches, he actually cares about the health of his players, even the low paid special teamers.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Won't mean a thing next week.
    Last edited by billysink; 01-01-12 at 10:50 PM.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I kept waiting for them to pull him in the second half since they were up so huge, but they just kept airing it out time after time.

He may have cost me my fantasy championship today

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

I hope the Saints flop at home vs. Detroit. But I think SF will be a great match up against the Saints on an outdoor turf.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 652

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    Last score the Saints had was a 9 yard pass to Sproles with 12 minutes left in the game... Not sure what play you're referring to?

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

No surprise, Payton is trying to get Brees the MVP award this year. With Rodgers sitting, Payton was doing everything in his power to pad Bress' stats. He got him tied with Rodgers on TD passes and then later Brees passed him. They were up 31-17 on the 4 yard line 1st and 10 and Brees instead of handing off threw a TD.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    No surprise, Payton is trying to get Brees the MVP award this year. With Rodgers sitting, Payton was doing everything in his power to pad Bress' stats. He got him tied with Rodgers on TD passes and then later Brees passed him. They were up 31-17 on the 4 yard line 1st and 10 and Brees instead of handing off threw a TD.
    tell your boy Rodgers not to rest next time

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Top tier QB's will be the new RB's of fantasy football. All going in the first round. Sick, but true.

this is true, esp. in leagues with 6pt passing td's...just looking at my league I finished 1st and had Rodgers (took him 7th pick first round),,,the 2nd and 3rd place teams had Brady and Brees respectively

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

its interesting i was thinking the same thing many times throughout the season...

watching the patriots offense run the same square in, square out, flys and curls with their tight ends over and over and over and over and over is like a madden 12 veteran carving down the field by doing nothing other than using his tight ends and pressing hot routes before the play against a zone defense.

its almost unreal how teams know they cant run, and they know who they are going to throw to, and cant stop it.