Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Colts Game Plan For Sunday and NFL draft????

Here is (WHAT SHOULD BE) the owner's train of thought.

Obviously, this team has been exposed and needs a lot of work. The Colts will not win Sunday vs. Jaguars because they will not play the starters for the entire game. Irsay pulled the starters when the Colts were 14-0 and will do so again with nothing to play for and a ton to lose. I will remind everyone that the same public statements were made, "we will play to win the game, etc, etc." What was left out is that third and fourth stringers were playing to win.

The number 1 pick will be traded for multiple 1st and 2nd round picks. A team with a high pick this year will be targeted with the idea of landing Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin and letting him sit behind the great one.

thoughts?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If I was a Colts fan and they went out to try and win this weekend after they've laid down like dogs all season I would be pissed. This isn't the time of year to be a hero...the season is over, Caldwell will be out of a job next week, and the future definitely looks brighter for the Colts. They need to go down there and run the ball and throw by exception...and play prevent defense the whole game. The backlash by the fan base with a win would be more then Indianapolis would want, especially with the Superbowl coming to town in a few weeks.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    If I was a Colts fan and they went out to try and win this weekend after they've laid down like dogs all season I would be pissed. This isn't the time of year to be a hero...the season is over, Caldwell will be out of a job next week, and the future definitely looks brighter for the Colts. They need to go down there and run the ball and throw by exception...and play prevent defense the whole game. The backlash by the fan base with a win would be more then Indianapolis would want, especially with the Superbowl coming to town in a few weeks.
    Solid post Sanchez, appreciate it and agree.

Players can say what they want about feeling disrespected and insulted, but at this point, imagine how the fan base feels.

Gotta look ahead, nothing to play for and everything to lose.

Play the third stringers and get ready for next year.

9yards
    9yards's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Colts start Curtis Painter, You know its a business trip to Jacksonville Florida.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by 9yards View Post
    If the Colts start Curtis Painter, You know its a business trip to Jacksonville Florida.
    Well Orlovsky's wife just downloaded triplets so it could be Painter....it shouldn't matter as Indy can't publicly acknowledge they're in the tank, but they better be. I just don't believe that Irsay, Polian, or anyone else wants to deal with the ass kicking the fans give them. Also, how attractive is Indy for a potential top line coach hiriing with the No 1 pick and/or Peyton Manning coming back. Not sure if Gruden or Cowher would go to Indy, but you never know.

9yards
    9yards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Well Orlovsky's wife just downloaded triplets so it could be Painter....it shouldn't matter as Indy can't publicly acknowledge they're in the tank, but they better be. I just don't believe that Irsay, Polian, or anyone else wants to deal with the ass kicking the fans give them. Also, how attractive is Indy for a potential top line coach hiriing with the No 1 pick and/or Peyton Manning coming back. Not sure if Gruden or Cowher would go to Indy, but you never know.
    Oh yea. I heard him say after the Texans game, They had 3 on the way. If the Colts Lose the they Win, If they win, then it could be a disaster.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Seriously, Jax is not a good team but is better than Indy and tough at home. Is there anyway the Colts win this game? They are basically the dumbest franchise if they win this game and Polian couldn't let that happen. The next 5 years of their existence will be changed by either drafting luck or trading the pick for multiple others.

Wouldn't you think books would not post a ML for this game? Who wouldn't pound Jax at -200? Do they think Jax is trying just as hard to lose? Or Rams also win if Colts win? odds of that are much less than -200

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

They should just lose by 3 and everything will be ok.