Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Scenarios In Which Teams Don't Have Anything To Play For

Anyone know of any scenarios or games in which teams have nothing to play for?

If the Giants win, then the Cowboys-Eagles game is meaningless. Most likely Dallas will rest Felix Jones, and I'm not sure how much they'll put into the game. Another reason why the Eagles is a good lean.

Not completely sure on this, maybe someone can confirm this for me, but if the Seahawks beat the 49ers, then I think GB has clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Therefore GB may rest starters against the Bears on Sunday Night.

Any others?

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

This is a stretch but If SF wins it could affect a Saints performance. Seahawks are the last team that can beat SF (unless you think Rams can) and allow Saints to surpass them for #2 seed. Then again Drew Brees going for Marino's record is extra motivation. Its funny because people are discounting ATL as NFC South champs. All they have to do is beat Saints and then get some help from Cam Newton last week in Carolina...this course of action is feasible.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

If Giants win, then Dallas need to let their 2nd and 3rd stringers play. Keep Romo on the bench along with players that could use the extra healing time.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If the Giants win, I think the Cowboys still play hard to get some momentum, but I doubt Felix would even touch the field.

I still don't understand why the 49ers winning would effect the Saints at all. Saints are fighting for both the division and a playoff bye. Don't understand your thining rockfish. And the Seahawks have a good chance at beating them tomorrow.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Thats what I mean, if the Niners win this week then the Saints have no chance for the bye. Agree that this example was a reach. I do know this though. Now that the Texans have lost, the Ravens in the drivers seat for #2 seed and will do their best to keep it. They may lay the smackdown on the Browns tomorrow.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

every team has something to play for. its called feeding your family.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

When two teams play each other and BOTH are out of the playoffs, late in the year, the home team tends to cover. Especially the very last game of the year.
    This week, Skins -7 and Carolina - 7.5.
    And Skins have been played better of late, anyway, Minny is in disarray, coach is in trouble, maybe.
    Carolina a good bet they are on the upswing with new QB whereas TB might have given up, coach is probably lame duck, they might now show up at all.