View Poll Results: Who will win the NFC EAST?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

8 22.86%
  • New York Giants

14 40.00%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

5 14.29%
  • Washington Redskins

8 22.86%
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Who will win the NFC EAST?

Who do you think will take the NFC EAST this season?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • New York Giants
    • Philladelphia Eagles
    • Washington Redskins

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the Eagles will rebound from last years disaster and win this conference.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Washington wins!!! Finished strong last year despite
    horrible QB...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redskins
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Eagles

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Washington wins!!! Finished strong last year despite
    horrible QB...
    Let me say one thing about this. Brunell's TD/INT numbers were better than either of the other two teams that will contend in the NFC East this year.

Brunell: 23 TDs, 10 INTs
    Bledsoe: 24 TDs, 17 INTs
    Manning: 24 TDs, 17 INTs

The addition of OC Saunders as well as two very good receivers makes the Redskins the favorite to win not only this division, but the entire NFC, in my opinion.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Redskins
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Eagles
    I agree with this

I have them in the same order

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like everytime Washington is expected to have a great year they fall flat on their faces. They will finish second behind Dallas.

gorox
    gorox's Avatar Become A Pro!

skins, great defense and now have Al saunders in there for the offense, lets get it!

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Boys all the way baby. The GIants and
    deadskins will be tie for 2nd place and the
    Eagles will be lucky to win more than 5 games
    thi s year.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with New York
    I like their offense

imgv94

I say Eli Manning throws 23 INTs and the Giants are
    out of the playoffs. That team really is depending on
    Tiki Barber if gets injured GOODBYE!!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking at the trends once again...

Dallas trending UP.
    NY trending slightly UP.
    Philadelphia trending slightly UP.
    Washington trending DOWN.

1. Dallas
    2. NY
    3. Washington
    4. Philadelphia

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

1. Washington Redskins
    2. Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Dallas Cowboys
    4. New York Giants

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    Looking at the trends once again...

Dallas trending UP.
    NY trending slightly UP.
    Philadelphia trending slightly UP.
    Washington trending DOWN.

1. Dallas
    2. NY
    3. Washington
    4. Philadelphia
    Whaaa??? How is Washington trending down. They are drastically improved offensively, and will be at least as good defensively.

imgv94

Washington trending down?

They acquire one of the best off coordinators in
    football (Al Saunders)

They acquire two top-notch WRs in (Lloyd and Randle El)
    who join Santana Moss to make for a great rec corps.

They were 9th last year on defense and lost Lavar
    but picked up Andre Carter who is awesome and they
    picked up my boy Archuleta as well so I think it all
    balances out..

This team is trending up if anything...

isetcap

I'm from Washington and those of us who live here know that their QB situation is one of the worst in the league and definitely the worst in the NFC East. Declaring their receiving core to be fixed by adding Randel El and Lloyd simply glosses over the fact that they have no size or strength for any of their passcatchers.

I love Sean Taylor and Andre Carter is solid also so I will agree that their defense will continue to be very good but it is going to be on the field a lot because their offense will be pathetic. Pair that with the fact that every offense in the NFC East is improved and you have a bad combination for the Redskins.

They're finishing 8-8 this year, gentlemen. Hopefully that will be enough to make sure that Philadelphia ends up in the cellar.

Razz

I'm from Washington and those of us who live here know that their QB situation is one of the worst in the league and definitely the worst in the NFC East. Declaring their receiving core to be fixed by adding Randel El and Lloyd simply glosses over the fact that they have no size or strength for any of their passcatchers.

I love Sean Taylor and Andre Carter is solid also so I will agree that their defense will continue to be very good but it is going to be on the field a lot because their offense will be pathetic. Pair that with the fact that every offense in the NFC East is improved and you have a bad combination for the Redskins.

They're finishing 8-8 this year, gentlemen. Hopefully that will be enough to make sure that Philadelphia ends up in the cellar.
    Washington doesn't have the worst QB situation in the division. Brunell had a better season that Bledsoe last year, they're the same age, and there's no reason to think Brunell doesn't ouplay him this season. If he does struggle, the Skins have the best backup QB in the East.
    Lloyd has enough size.
    They still have the best back in the league, who I think is going to have a HUGE year.

isetcap

I like Brunell.
    I despise McNabb.
    I loathe Bledsoe.
    I hope Manning dies in the season opener.

But it's painfully obvious that all these guys will have better years than Brunell. First of all, McNabb is just better than Brunell no matter how you slice it. Secondly, Bledsoe and Manning have MANY MORE WEAPONS on offense. The Cowboys have the best receiving core in the NFC. The Giants have the best offensive balance in the NFC. Like the Ravens of the recent past, too much emphasis is being stacked on this Redskins defense for them to be able to win consistently in this division. Unfortunately our hopes and dreams won't yield wins.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Brunell.
    I despise McNabb.
    I loathe Bledsoe.
    I hope Manning dies in the season opener.

But it's painfully obvious that all these guys will have better years than Brunell. First of all, McNabb is just better than Brunell no matter how you slice it. Secondly, Bledsoe and Manning have MANY MORE WEAPONS on offense. The Cowboys have the best receiving core in the NFC. The Giants have the best offensive balance in the NFC. Like the Ravens of the recent past, too much emphasis is being stacked on this Redskins defense for them to be able to win consistently in this division. Unfortunately our hopes and dreams won't yield wins.
    I don't know how you come up with "MANY MORE" weapons. I bet there are more then a couple of offensive coordinators around the league that would like to break the huddle with Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Randle El and Brandon Lloyd. Not to mention how much deeper the skins are on the offensive side of the ball then the rest of the division.

I am not sure what you are basing the talent levels on but if you look at the numbers there is no way you can say any team in the division is way more talented then the skins on offense.

The skins defense will be even tougher then last season. They made some additions to the defensive line and are now very deep at that position. This has been their major problem on defense the last few seasons due to injuries.

Redskins 11-5
    Dallas 11-5
    Giants 9-7
    Eagles 7-9

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Some writer at Sporting News ranks NYG as his number two team in the league! Maybe he was just going for a reaction (which he certainly got), but I think they will be in the running for the league title. This division is probably the toughest in the NFL, as all four teams have a chance of winning it...

My picks:
    Giants
    Cowboys
    Redskins
    Eagles

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm from Washington and those of us who live here know that their QB situation is one of the worst in the league and definitely the worst in the NFC East.

You were right on with this Isetcap. Very disappointing start to the season. 8-8 is gonna be tough to come by the way the offense looks.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be between Dallas and the Giants....I believe the Giants end up being the better team.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    You were right on with this Isetcap. Very disappointing start to the season. 8-8 is gonna be tough to come by the way the offense looks.
    I appreciate your post, begolf. The Redskins need to be working quickly to get another quarterback ready to perform. Brunell was right on the edge last year and now he plays like he aged 5 years in the offseason. You can be sure that Joe Gibbs will make this team more competitive in the very near future. He needs to start by making sure the penalty flags don't come quite as often.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Which ever team stays healthiest wins the division.

Washington is currently lagging mainly due to the Portis injury. We'll see who else gets hurt as the season goes on. If a team's starting QB goes down, they can consider themselves done.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

IT IS ELI'S YEAR MY FRIENDS.

VIVA LA MANNING

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants, no doubt.

teskoner
    teskoner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully Campbell will get some time on field by game four or five. Kids got an arm and has some real potential. Then the Skins would actually have some serious deep threats.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

To be semi-objective here (as I am a die hard Giants Fan); if yesterday's games proved anything, it's that this division is up for grabs. Whoever can stay the healthiest will most likely win. On paper, I think the Giants have the most talent . But talent can only take you so far.

icepick
    icepick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas
    philadelphia
    wash
    ny...Manning will be lucky to finish the season with that offensive line 6-10 at best

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Which ever team stays healthiest wins the division.

Washington is currently lagging mainly due to the Portis injury. We'll see who else gets hurt as the season goes on. If a team's starting QB goes down, they can consider themselves done.
    Except Dallas.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    1. Washington Redskins
    2. Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Dallas Cowboys
    4. New York Giants
    I was drunk that night.

WTF was I thinking.