ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    There are NO shortcuts in life...

The quicker you realize this, the better...

Hard Work and Discipline are proven...

You have to think weeks and months ahead and wait like a Fukkin Spider...

Hard to do...
    That's exactly how I spot bet.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Go to covers consensus or streak for cash.
    Look for games where there is a high percentage on one team (what is considered a high percentage is debatable!) and a low percentage of people backing the other team.
    Then look at the line move(s) in those specific games.
    If 95% of the public is backing Team A yet the line is moving towards Team B then that is what I consider to be sharp money.

I may have it all wrong, but that is what I look for.
    That doesnt show $$ amount though. I know you can see how much $$ are on betting exchanges but those numbers might be off from other books.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    lol, if you think following line movement is some easy way to make money that people don't know about, well.... good luck!

There are times when following line moves hits and there are times when it doesn't.

Anyone who has done research knows that just blindly following line moves is not profitable.

If you set parameters you may be able to make it profitable (RLM and some believe it works specific sports/situations).

I'm a semi-believer in waiting for something to be a little out of sorts (an example is might be leftys vs rightys this year in mlb except I don't know how this plays out every season) and trying to catch the regression, but this is rather difficult and there is no way to know how long something will take in terms of regressing.

This shiz is not easy folks...

I have been playing or booking for decades. I have seen virtually dozens of systems and none of them ever perform over the long haul. Here is a true example. Last baseball season I followed line movements of 20 points or more and had some very serious success. I tracked the movement from opening line until just before game time. This year I have done the same and have had my ass handed to me--variance. Whenever you think you have found a system talk to me after years of success.

My best system--give great weight to the doggies especially in the NFL. Good thing about this system is you will almost never lose big, however you won't win big either. It will keep you in the game and that is better than most of you do in the long run.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Outside of a couple Denver Bronco games last year most lines were off by a small amount, yes if you bet big and get the best number you can win by 61% means nothing, it might hit 45% next year. You could of bet Boise St. and the Partiots every game the last 10 years and probably hit over 61% but try to bet them every game this year and it won't work.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I find the following the ML line movement opening and closing line and then using that to determine betting ATS to be interesting. NFL and NBA were the hardest ATS bets for me to do well in last year.

Will try to observe that trend and see if there is some validity to it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I find the following the ML line movement opening and closing line and then using that to determine betting ATS to be interesting. NFL and NBA were the hardest ATS bets for me to do well in last year.

Will try to observe that trend and see if there is some validity to it.

Good luck, and yes it is interesting. You can never accumulate enough info when attempting to beat this game

First 123