zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

thoughts on Atlanta -4.5, Giants +2 teaser? ties push.

love these 2 team 9 point teasers at 5dimes..of course you pay in juice..so def dont play them all the time just have to pick your spots but I like this one a lot.

would like the hear the boards opinion?

I think everyone will say the Gmen are in a let down spot but really its the Skins who could come out flat and already rolled over after shooting their wad against the Pats giving it their best shot and still coming up empty.

Giants build big momentum off emotional wins like that so I expect them to dominate.

they really only play down to their competition during the season when its in the middle of a grind but now their juices are flowing...

zoo youk

and as for Atlanta...we all know about the record of Ryan and the HC at home. so many injuries in the Jags secondary and LBs....Ryan should have a field day.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Not worth the juice IMO. I like te 6.5pts better. No need for the extra pts. GL

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

You admit that you have to pick your spots with a teaser like this, and this is the spot you pick? You're teasing across the 0 to get to +2 which is pretty much useless. Why would you do 9 points here? Why not a 7 point teaser getting the Falcons at 6.5 and the Giants at a PK?

Really dont understand your angle here...

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    You admit that you have to pick your spots with a teaser like this, and this is the spot you pick? You're teasing across the 0 to get to +2 which is pretty much useless. Why would you do 9 points here? Why not a 7 point teaser getting the Falcons at 6.5 and the Giants at a PK?

Really dont understand your angle here...
    I think you throw teasing across zero is dumb stupid square or whatever when your using anything above 7 points

I admit this isn't the greatest spot for this type of teaser but I wanted Atlanta under 6 or less

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Giants are infamous for playing down to their opponents level. I wouldn't trust the GMen's offense too much, but I do trust Eli to pull off a win. Should be a winner.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

I think you throw teasing across zero is dumb stupid square or whatever when your using anything above 7 points

I admit this isn't the greatest spot for this type of teaser but I wanted Atlanta under 6 or less
    There's still no point in teasing a team to +2. You're giving away a ton of value in this teaser regardless.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

Not at all.

The fact that 9pt teasers allow more opportunities to tease through key numbers is more than fully priced in to the payout rates. In fact there are no 9pt teasers that are statistically +EV. The best value you will find is, not susrprisingly. from -10.5 or from +1.5.

When crossing the zero you are still giving away the same amount of value as you would on a regular 6 point teaser.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Nice play. I like it.

zoo youk

There's still no point in teasing a team to +2. You're giving away a ton of value in this teaser regardless.
    Your right but I needed action on this game so therefore the degeneracy comes out

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

most overrated statement ever - teasing across zero

also if you're confident on a particular game, teasers offer great value in middles on the same game which is something i like to do.

example

ATL -6.0
    Giants pick

ATL -6.0
    Skins +14

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    most overrated statement ever - teasing across zero

also if you're confident on a particular game, teasers offer great value in middles on the same game which is something i like to do.

example

ATL -6.0
    Giants pick

ATL -6.0
    Skins +14
    Aside from the fact that your example does not involve crossing the zero, do you know what the effective odds you are laying to hit that 14-point middle?

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

obv much easier to say in hindsight and i prob wouldn't even post this if Falcons won by 6, lol, but 7pt tease makes way more sense here.