EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

What do these teams have in common?

Pop Quiz Time:

What do these (4) college football teams have in common for their games this week?

Air Force
    Ball State
    Rice
    Troy State

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock......................

E

EBone

OK, so no one has an answer for my quiz-a-ma-bob. Here is the answer:

All (4) are playing their 3rd road game in a row. Air Force is at Navy (hasn't Air Force won the commander-in-chief trophy every year for forever or did Navy win it last year)

Troy State @ North Texas tonight (their previous 2 were at South Carolina and at Missouri)

Rice @ East Carolina (after being at Texas and at UAB....I think this is actually Rice's 4th road game in a row)

And Ball State....poor Ball State.....is at Western Michigan (after being at Auburn and at Boston College)

Now my question is: who has data on NCAA football teams playing their 3rd straight road game ATS for the past 5 years? My guess is that they haven't done very well.

Conclusion: might not be a bad idea to play against these teams this weekend. Just throwing it out there. Maybe Mudcat or fixxer or somebody can help us out on this question.

E

One other note: I think I missed one. I think Houston is playing their 3rd road game in a row as well at Tulane. I will check and verify.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Hey Ebone,

I did some research on this in the NFL for the past 4 years. It's very rare in the NFL for a team to play 3 straight road games but their were 11 instances of it happening and it was 4-7 and if you thrown in the Saints this year losing to Minn in their 3rd straight road game that would make it 4-8 (33% ATS).

However, I am not sure how much you can generalize those results because of (1) small sample size (2) the NFL is not the NCAA.

If anyone else knows something, please share! I think you might be onto something Ebone!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff fellas.

EBone

Well, it sure didn't come in last night. I bet North Texas. L-O-S-E-R!!!!!!! I think I'm gonna play all of them again this weekend. Oh, and by the way, this is also the 3rd straight road game for Houston at Tulane. I'm playin Tulane as well. I guess we can see how it goes after Saturday. BB is right. I seem to recall from awhile back that this seemed to be a very strong trend. To be fair though, I haven't kept up with it in recent years so please take my commentary with a grain of salt. Just throwin it out there to see if anyone has anything interesting to add.....

E