begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy Keeper Question

I am in a 10 team keeper league. Each team is allowed one keeper. The majority of the keepers are RB's of course. I need some advice on who and why to keep this year. I have the 5th pick in this years draft. I need to decide between keeping Marvin Harrison or Brian Westbrook.

With the 5th pick I could get the likes of Stephen Jackson or Ronnie Brown at RB. I would also be able to get a top notch WR such as Steve Smith or Chad Johnson. I am thinking Westbrook only because the RB position is pretty thin this year and the top 7 or 8 RB's are being used as keepers. If he stays healthy he should be most of the Eagles offense again. Any advide would be appreciated.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I am not too big on Jackson, but Ronnie Brown should be a solid starter and a top 10 RB. Need a little more information though, particularly how you league scores and if it's head-to-head. Personally, I'd rather have Brown than Westbrook, so if you thought you could get Brown at 5th pick, hold on to Harrison. I think he will have double digit TDs this year. If your league scores for yards, then he is definitely a keeper over Westbrook. (You have to think about the defenses the Eagles will be facing as well -- Redskins, Cowboys and Giants twice each. This could really limit his production...)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats your scoring system like in your league ?

do you get a point per catch, or is it more of a touch down type scoring system ?

begolf25

We get 1 pt. per 10 yards rushing and receiving and 6 pt's per TD. Head to head. We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 Team Defense.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wasn't sure if recieving TD's were worth less than rushing TD's or not. seeing that it is not, i'd keep Marvin Harrison then.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. The Colts and Eagles will both be pass-oriented teams, so I'd keep the WR.

begolf25

Thanks fellas, so far 3 votes for Harrison.

Razz, that was my line of thought for keeping Westbrook. Besides getting touches rushing he also gets a lot of looks out of the backfield.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, but I think Stephen Jackson and Marvin Harrison offer at least as many potential points as Westbrook and say, Steve Smith, plus they are less injury-prone.

begolf25

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Yeah, but I think Stephen Jackson and Marvin Harrison offer at least as many potential points as Westbrook and say, Steve Smith, plus they are less injury-prone.

Good point, thanks.