Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call! Had the Falcons too!

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    At this point, Atlanta will be a HUGE bet for me. Hate to lay this many points, ever, but this is a spot to do so.
    As earlier stated, people see Jax's 41 pts last week... but TB had 7 (SEVEN) turnovers, 14 pts were direct TD fumble runbacks, and TB overall is a mess, DL is shambles, QB Freeman is banged up and, for that matter, "off" anyway, and TB may have quit on their coach. He might be on his way out. SO, Jax victory at home against a team that is falling apart is not that impressive.
    With Jax having a not ready for prime time QB, Gabbert, on artificial turf he will get harrassed, he will be good some day but he is very very tentative back there now, the game will be even faster on AT, and their WR corp is inadequate. If they get behind, a sack, a fumble, an INT or two.
    Falcons will be primed for stopping the run, Jax's only hope is to get Maurice Jones Drew 150 yards. He won't.
    Jax has banged up "D", 2 DL out, LB out, and several DB's out. Rivers ate them alive despite 3 of his OL out, including 2 Pro Bowlers.
    WR Jones is back to full speed, THAT IS A KEY, so QB Ryan will have plenty of targets to air it out, go deep in the nice dome, then run the ball when they have the lead, mix in some throws.
    The Falcons will be playing with playoff intensity with 5 losses, fighting for a wild card berth, they cannot take this game lightly, while Jax, on the road, with a lame duck coach, may not play 60 minutes.
    They lost some games in tough spots against solid clubs, @ Bears, GB, NO in OT, @ Houston; they lost @ TB, though, earlier in the yr, not good, but that was before TB lost its DT's.
    Back door covers are always possible, but Jax is not built for that right now, and, again, unlike Detroit and some teams Falcons can run the ball with a lead and keep the cover, especially against a bottom tier QB.
    National TV Thursday night home game, I will wait for updates tomorrow but this looks like another rare HUGE play for me.
    Falcons!

This. Seems like you watched the game before the rest of us got to see it

NeverBackDown
    NeverBackDown's Avatar Become A Pro!

doin
    doin's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank god i was able to hedge the under bet at half with falcon's O10.5 2nd half. most of us know the jags are not competitive.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by doin View Post
    thank god i was able to hedge the under bet at half with falcon's O10.5 2nd half. most of us know the jags are not competitive.
    I do now...

TGFHTB!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

nice call, again!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thanks fellas. Nice to get such an easy win.
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave t-wizzle 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    This. Seems like you watched the game before the rest of us got to see it
    Thanks.
    I had been able to watch both teams and understand their situations well, for this game at this time, not past mumbo jumbo trends, and shared it with everyone. I have only used the word HUGE twice this yr and they were both blowout wins.
    Obviously, I cannot do that every game, but this game seemed crystal clear.
    Even so, you do not always know how the players will play.
    This weekend, for example, I defy ANYONE to tell me WTF will happen Jets @ Philly.
    Jets D is down, Leonard is out, and Sanchez is an enigma, Jets O is inconsistent, but Jets need a win.
    Philly is healthy again, but will they show up? They might be eliminated by game time and even if not their chances are bleak. Somehow they beat a hot Miami team last week in Miami. Does this mean they ARE playing for pride now, all of a sudden? I'll pass.
    Or the Seattle @ Bears game? Lots of points for and against both sides, but bottom line, the point spread for this debacle probably will be decided by a turnover in the red zone. Pass.
    Don't expect any write ups from me on those two games!
    BUT I loved Atlanta last night, people say 13 is too many, Atlanta does not blow out anybody, or cite irrelevant stats that Jags D is good. Well, Jags D WAS pretty good but is decimated by injuries. And Atlanta was healthy in a dome on AT with Jones back and would swarm Gabbert on D and so on and so on.
    I wish others, when they have a handle on a game, would write up their insight and not just say "Giants are a LOCK".
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-16-11 at 12:11 PM.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

geez that was a easy winner, nice call

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Thanks. I had been able to watch both teams and understand their situations well, for this game at this time, not past mumbo jumbo trends, and shared it with everyone. I have only used the word HUGE twice this yr and they were both blowout wins. Obviously, I cannot do that every game, but this game seemed crystal clear. Even so, you do not always know how the players will play. This weekend, for example, I defy ANYONE to tell me WTF will happen Jets @ Philly. Jets D is down, Leonard is out, and Sanchez is an enigma, Jets O is inconsistent, but Jets need a win. Philly is healthy again, but will they show up? They might be eliminated by game time and even if not their chances are bleak. Somehow they beat a hot Miami team last week in Miami. Does this mean they ARE playing for pride now, all of a sudden? I'll pass. Or the Seattle @ Bears game? Lots of points for and against both sides, but bottom line, the point spread for this debacle probably will be decided by a turnover in the red zone. Pass. Don't expect any write ups from me on those two games! BUT I loved Atlanta last night, people say 13 is too many, Atlanta does not blow out anybody, or cite irrelevant stats that Jags D is good. Well, Jags D WAS pretty good but is decimated by injuries. And Atlanta was healthy in a dome on AT with Jones back and would swarm Gabbert on D and so on and so on. I wish others, when they have a handle on a game, would write up their insight and not just say "Giants are a LOCK".
    Exactly. More insight, analysis, breaking news, line movement numbers, something, anything useful. Thanks in advance.

First 123