tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

That was hilarious. I like Bayless.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    from cris carter. attacked his manhood
    Skip is lucky Cris has some respect.

I normally enjoy Skips rants and find them hilarious, but he is stepping on toes here. He thinks he is the god of reporters I wish Cris would give him a reality check.

Do people really believe "God" is helping Tebow? I think Skip honestly believes "God" forced Barber out of bounds, and then forced Barber to fumble.

"God"

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

cris look like he was going to **** him up!!!!!!!!!!

and i still dont believe that in 2011 that people believe in this fantasy of "god" and that a fantasy "god" is deciding football games

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    cris look like he was going to **** him up!!!!!!!!!! and i still dont believe that in 2011 that people believe in this fantasy of "god" and that a fantasy "god" is deciding football games

But don't people have the right to believe in the "fantasy" of God? Just like you have the right to believe that there is no "god"? I don't give a shit if you believe or not, but it's 2011 and people can believe in whatever makes them happy.

You're a funny guy.

But to think God has anything to do with the outcome of football games, is pretty fukking stupid. Tebow is a fukking oyster.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

people have the right to believe in the fantasy "god"

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

i like tebow but skip bayless is really making me want to root against tebow i cant stand listening to this arrogant pos

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Always disliked Bayless, is there a link?
    THis is all i see: ESPN’s First Take is a show that matches up various sports writers and reporters, alongside former athletes and coaches. Jay Crawford is the mediator of the madness, but can hardly stop the ranting amidst Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.

The outspoken Smith competes daily with the avid Tim Tebow-loving Skip Bayless on a series of topics. Most of the time, the debate rages on about Tim Tebow with Bayless claiming to be an objective bystander.

Stephen A. Smith knows nothing about sports, with the exception of the NBA, but acts and talks like he is the creator of all. Smith goes on and on, around the point, circling it with big words, as he hopes to stumble upon a good reason amidst his drivel. He makes Bayless look like a Pulitzer Prize winner with his counter-arguments, most of which have come in the form of support for Tim Tebow.

On Tuesday’s show, legendary wide receiver Cris Carter stepped onto the set for what would be an intrusive and public attack from Skip Bayless. Carter was simply stating that Tim Tebow is not lifting his teammates to victory. He is merely playing offense, while the defense is just as big a factor in the Broncos success as Tebow is. To this point, Bayless exploded on Carter, personally attacking the receivers career and aptitude for talent evaluation.

“Some of the worst judges of personnel are players,” said Bayless. He went on to rant, “The best athletes are usually the worst talent evaluators. Michael Jordan is the worst evaluator of talent in NBA history.”

These are bold statements, but not as bold as Bayless asking Carter how many rings he had, which Carter followed by asking Bayless how many he had won. Either way, ESPN is getting what they want from Bayless and that is an opinion. His rants may be insane and lunatic-like at times, but he is entitled to his own opinion. Who can argue against his Tim Tebow support? The guy is 7-1 and has led six game-winning drives in 11 career starts. No matter how uneducated Stephen A. Smith or whoever may be, Skip Bayless makes his opinion known and doesn’t care who he offends when doing so.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

This best handicappers in the world never played professionally or covered the sport they pick winners in.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

They got to keep people listening and watching. Got to mix it up sometimes. Espn could make a story about a cheerleader having a period, and what is worst drag it out for a week by bringing it up at every game.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Skip Bayless = the Limbaugh of the sports world.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    This best handicappers in the world never played professionally or covered the sport they pick winners in.
    haha, agreed... it cracks me up to here shitty degen cappers talk about playing so and so position in high school and how they know this and that since they played...its fukking laughable ...

as for bayless, it has to be an act...nobody can be as obnoxiously clueless as that guy and have the job he has... he reminds me a lot of fishhead with all the dumb shit he posts for attention...it simply cant be real

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He probably is acting

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Always disliked Bayless, is there a link?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Thanks chimney

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Dang... Cris Carter gonna destroy him off set!

CAS2550
    CAS2550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Skip Bayless is awesome!

CAS2550

That was awesome. Thats the best show on ESPN

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Guy deserves to have his teeth smashed in

CAS2550

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Guy deserves to have his teeth smashed in
    who?

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Quote Originally Posted by CAS2550 View Post
    who?
    That bible thumping asshole Skip Bayless
    Steven A. Smith can be annoying but atleast he makes good points and has respect for players

CAS2550

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    That bible thumping asshole Skip Bayless Steven A. Smith can be annoying but atleast he makes good points and has respect for players
    I agree with you on Smith. He's cool.

But Bayless isnt a bible thumper bro, hes a Tebow fan obviously and he sticks up for what he believes in. I personally hate Tebow, but like Bcatswin said Bayless makes his opinion known and doesn’t care who he offends when doing so. And thats awesome and entertaining.

It was getting personal though you could see it in their faces.. And I love when that shit happens on first take. Like when Bayless was calling Chris Bosh Bosh spice to his face. That was hilarious.

KingJD31

I agree with you on Smith. He's cool.

But Bayless isnt a bible thumper bro, hes a Tebow fan obviously and he sticks up for what he believes in. I personally hate Tebow, but like Bcatswin said Bayless makes his opinion known and doesn’t care who he offends when doing so. And thats awesome and entertaining.

It was getting personal though you could see it in their faces.. And I love when that shit happens on first take. Like when Bayless was calling Chris Bosh Bosh spice to his face. That was hilarious.
    if your ever in the mood to brake a tv watch skip talk about tebow

CAS2550

You mean break a tv? But yeah I watch that show daily and Bayless is on Tebows d!ck. That's ok though. Bayless is cool man. Him and Cowherd are the best on ESPN.

KingJD31

You mean break a tv? But yeah I watch that show daily and Bayless is on Tebows d!ck. That's ok though. Bayless is cool man. Him and Cowherd are the best on ESPN.
    yeah i guess its break your talking to a kid who smoked weed during every english class

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

its def the best daily entertainment during these early afternoon hours on tv

CAS2550

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    yeah i guess its break your talking to a kid who smoked weed during every english class
    Yeah so are you bro. Lol idk about DURING the class but you know. We stay high Good man.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Stephen A. Smith is a bitch.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

CC: "Been to 8 pro bowls in 16 yrs in the league!" Skip: " How many rings u got?"

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

unreal, i thought carter was going to cry

wouldnt be surprised if carter refuses to be on first and 10 going forward. NFL Network called and made him an offer right after this aired

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't stand Skip, but did you not watch The Vikings game Stephen A?

Also, anybody watch that Tebow doc on ESPN when he was in high school? He was the best player in the State and did the same thing then? He scored as many points as needed.

The best team they played was Hoover. Just an awesome team all around. They lost, but Tebow put up like 30 points on them.

If the Pats score 30 points in the first half, you can be sure Tebow will have a big second half.

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    CC: "Been to 8 pro bowls in 16 yrs in the league!" Skip: " How many rings u got?"
    Such a cheap shot by Skip. Not funny, classy or smart at all!

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't stand Skip Bayless

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    haha, agreed... it cracks me up to here shitty degen cappers talk about playing so and so position in high school and how they know this and that since they played...its fukking laughable ...

as for bayless, it has to be an act...nobody can be as obnoxiously clueless as that guy and have the job he has... he reminds me a lot of fishhead with all the dumb shit he posts for attention...it simply cant be real
    Yeah I agree, but also laughable how some okay/pretty good gamblers really know nothing about football...Any real conversation about football, beyond the ESPN hammered points, goes way over people's heads on this site alone.

What kills me is how Skip gets a free pass for being so dead wrong all the time. I remember how foolish he looked when Nnamdi took him to school on so many issues when he was a guest on the show.

I will gladly give all my points to anyone who can find video or a transcript of that (the whole show. I don't want the Q about who is the best corner, although Nnamdi killed him on that too) It might have been a in 09 actually, a completely different show.

A good gambler or reporter would listen to what an ex player or coach has to say and use it to their own advantage. Really the QB's usually know what's going on the best, cause I agree a lot of those analysts on the defensive side of the ball are clueless a lot of the time. Even O lineman. Too simplistic.

Sometimes you do throw the ball three straight times on the goal line, Jeff. Peyton has already analyzed it steps ahead of you.

12 Last