Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    tom brady 1H will be a play

I like this

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah I agree 100% with Patriots 1st half play.

Tebow time doesnt start until the second half.

If we can get Patriots -3 for 1st half I think I might go real big on that, like 50% of my bankroll.

wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    tom brady 1H will be a play
    I like it as well

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah I agree 100% with Patriots 1st half play.

Tebow time doesnt start until the second half.

If we can get Patriots -3 for 1st half I think I might go real big on that, like 50% of my bankroll.

easy partner....money management, money management, money management

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

50% of your bankroll should be much more than the max for 1st half bet

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Broncos erratic offense might give Pats D some trouble and confusion.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

On it....If Pats don't cover I'm done betting NFL the rest of the season. As bad as the NE secondary is this season, they are still better than Tebow's passing threat......the Gronk and Hernandez will put up 21 easy...deal sealed.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    On it....If Pats don't cover I'm done betting NFL the rest of the season. As bad as the NE secondary is this season, they are still better than Tebow's passing threat......the Gronk and Hernandez will put up 21 easy...deal sealed.
    The Pats might score like crazy but this could turn into a shoot out like the Vikings did thanks to the Pats soft-as-butter D. That 21 point spread might not even exist in this game.

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Patriots passing defense is 32nd in the league. (308.7 yards per game) and they allow 8.1 per pass attempt (2nd worst in the league) Tebow could very well go off....he went 26-40 for over 250 yards last game.

Pats were up 31-3 in the 4th Quarter against the Colts and allowed Dan Orlovsky to drive down the field 3 times for 21 points....that is exactly where Tebow excels...

But I really think the key to this game is Brady vs the Denver D. If Denver miraculously gets a lead early they will go into ball control mode (they DO lead the league in rushing) which could cripple the cover for the Pats.

I am very excited to see this game.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I'm certain Mike is BSing. He's not betting against Tebow, I can guarantee you that! This is some kind of SBR reverse jinx sh1t

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I'm certain Mike is BSing. He's not betting against Tebow, I can guarantee you that! This is some kind of SBR reverse jinx sh1t

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Pass, just watch the game and see if Tebows magic works on the Pats.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Part of the reason why the Wildcat formation came about is because Ronnie Brown/Rickey Williams torched the Patriots in New England with it a couple of years ago. They were heavy underdogs but put up maybe 41 points on the Pats. Can Tebow's option offense work against the Patriots? Will Bellicheck try something new on defense? The Pats played a lot more 3-4 against the Redskins and they've even expermented with the 3-3-5 this year. Bellicheck knows he doesn't have a great defense this year.

Tom Brady is obviously frustrated. He has maybe the weakest secondary and maybe weakest defense he's had while being a Patriot. He has a lot of pressure on him and his WR's aren't that great.

Brady hasn't been as good on the road in the last few years. Remember losing in Cleveland last year? How about almost losing to Rex Grossman Washington this week? I still think the Patriots get it done but it's no lock.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

good post! I was thinking about the miami game when they went into foxboro and crushed the pats with the wildcat......didnt every team pretty much try that on the pats the rest of the year that year? I mean no one in the nfl did the wildcat before that game! they learned from that and I am sure will be ready for it this weekend!

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    good post! I was thinking about the miami game when they went into foxboro and crushed the pats with the wildcat......didnt every team pretty much try that on the pats the rest of the year that year? I mean no one in the nfl did the wildcat before that game! they learned from that and I am sure will be ready for it this weekend!
    What does the Wildcat has to do with the Denver offense. The Wildcat is strictly run only. The Broncos involves alot of passing too!

dredmahawkus

they run it alot...and the poster above me was pointing out the troubles the patriots had with it when miami shocked them with it at home and killed them like 41-something....

thats all the patriots really have to worry about the first 3 quarters isnt it? whats teebow avg 30% completion the first 3 quarters?

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

I just can't see Patriots not cover -6

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    What does the Wildcat has to do with the Denver offense. The Wildcat is strictly run only. The Broncos involves alot of passing too!
    What does the wildcat Miami ran have to do with the Broncos offense? Defense. How you defend it. The coaches in the press box and Tebow himself will be reading how disciplined the DE's, OLB contain.

The wildcat had passes too but they are both unconventional offense and we'll see how it plays out this week. The Patriots getting toched by the wildcat bodes well for Denver. The real weakness of the Patriots defense is their secondary. The LB's have gotten younger and faster.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

mike... is this a double-reverse jynx thread? or you really on the Pats?

people starting jynx threads lose all my respect

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

pats easy this week Brady will not let this kid get more attention than him. They will learn their lesson they will win by21.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    mike... is this a double-reverse jynx thread? or you really on the Pats?

people starting jynx threads lose all my respect
    i have never started a single or double reverse - every pick i post in players talk is a side i have

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

What if Lang is on the Patriots?

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

all of you guys are talking about the miami game where they torched the pats with the wildcat. Want to hear a fun fact? Since that game the pats defense has not given up positive yards on any wildcat plays.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Broncos don't even run the wildcat do they?

dredmahawkus

Denvers defense really isnt that good. they have beat and looked good against all cupcake teams. the only real team they played detroit crushed them 45-10. unless Brady is having an off day it really doesnt matter what defense he is playing against he is going to score alot.

Can Tebow take advantage of the patriots weak secondary? with that rediculous pass completion % in the first 3 quaters of the game?
    if the patriots play man coverage can Tebow make those throws into those tiny windows?
    the patriots defense is ok at stopping the run. will they let Tebow air it out in the first half? and how will he do?

This game is over before it hits Tebow time. Tebow can pass 80% in the 4th quarter score 3 TDs and the patriots still win by a TD.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Hmmm, who should I choose? God or Belichek? Very easy answer here. It's Tebow time. Forget the points, God doesn't cover spreads, he cashes ML.

Oh ye of little faith will soon be of little Chips...

dredmahawkus

this thread should be renamed GOD vs GOD lol

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Denvers defense really isnt that good. they have beat and looked good against all cupcake teams. the only real team they played detroit crushed them 45-10. unless Brady is having an off day it really doesnt matter what defense he is playing against he is going to score alot.
    The only reason why Detroit Crushed them was because it was only Tebow's 2nd start, and Fox didn't even know how to use him yet. Fox made him a drop back passer, when he wasn't clearly ready for it yet and got sacked 7 times. That gave the Detroit offense way too many opportunities with the short field.

The only reason the Broncos defense looked that bad was because of Champ Bailey and Elvis Dumervil was still trying to regain their form back due to injuries. Plus, 14 of those 45 points were from defensive Lions touchdowns, so the Lions really scored only 31. Dumervil is now fully healthy with 7.5 sacks, and Von Miller with 11.5 is going to wreak havoc on the Patriots passing game. Also, this defense is more than capable of shutting a good offense. The Chargers offense just recently dropped 38 on the Jags and 37 on the Bills, while the Jets offense did similar. Dropping 34 on the Redskins, 37 on the Chiefs. This Broncos D held both teams to 13 points each, both the Jets and Chargers score as much as the Pats on any given day.

Yeah Minny scored 29 on them, but Von Miller wasn't on the field either because they got killed on the Blitz by Ponder. With Miller back, the Broncos won't need to Blitz to rattle Brady.
    Last edited by frostno98; 12-14-11 at 06:49 PM.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

At first I thought NE was the play, matchup wise, but I see the SKINS ran for 170 yds on NE last week...with a banged up O line... put 27 pts up, 460+ yds, though the Skins have struggled all year on O... and the Skins had the ball in the NE red zone with a minute to go. 34-27 NE @ Washington. It was 27-27, NE scored the last TD, did not cover.
    Denver is better than a banged up Washington and I think now that NE is pretty safely in the playoffs and is not intense on D, so why expect them to win their second road game in a row?
    The 6.5 pts are starting to look good.
    The air is thin in Denver, visitors lose their strength while The Broncos come on in the 4th quarter... this Tebow thing is really old news, has been a factor ALL OF THESE YEARS.
    If the Skins ran for 170, Tebow and McGehee will get their yards, too.
    If you can get an NFL 6-7 point dog that is going to get > 150 yds running, that is a good proposition.
    Weather: a windy day favors Broncos. A cold day favors the Broncos. We need to know that on game day.
    Broncos have a very good D, well balanced, and have very good DB's, you need that to beat Brady because he is so hard to sack.
    And add that Denver is fighting for a playoff spot whereas NE is pretty much "in".
    I know they say they want to clinch the division, but they can do that next game, their final two are home games against Miami and Buffalo! Easy pickings.
    The KEY goal is always to get into the playoffs; motivation favors Denver.
    And, finally... don't you think the NFL is LOVING this "Tebow Time" thing? Want him to win? Do you think they want GB to go undefeated? GREAT STORIES. Think.
    I am waiting for weather, injuries, etc, but I am on the Broncos + 6.5, bet size TBD.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-14-11 at 08:57 PM.

jimmy snuka
    jimmy snuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I thought NE was the play matchup wise, but I see the SKINS ran for 170 yds on NE last week...with a banged up O line... put 27 pts up, Skins have struggled on O... and the Skins had the ball in the NE red zone with a minute to go. 34-27 NE @ Washington. Denver is superior to Washington and I think now that NE is pretty safely in the playoffs and is not intense on D, so why expect them to win their second road game in a row? The 6.5 pts are starting to look good. The air is thin in Denver and Denver's D will keep them in the game. If Skins ran for 170, Tebow and McGehee will get their yards, too. If you can get an NFL 6-7 dog that is going to get > 150 yds running, that is a good proposition. Add to that a very good D, they have good DB's. And add that Denver is fighting for a playoff spot whereas NE is pretty much "in". I know they want to win the division, but they can do that next game, and the KEY goal is always to get into the playoffs. Motivation favors Denver.
    new england wins easily serboner

milwaukee mike

now that the gold sheet (and other crap you can buy at the gas station) are all over tebow i feel even better about this pick.

once everyone *finally* jumps on the tebow bandwagon you know it's too full - and they will jump off on monday when i jump back on.

dredmahawkus

Is NE fighting for a first round bye or do they lock that up too with one more win like the division?

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Every single week you people bet against the Broncos and every single week you lose since Baby Jesus Tebow took the field. Tebow must have pissed God off before the Detroit game but I think he has been living right ever since.

I don't know about you but betting against God is not a good idea here. God does not liked to be mocked and laying your money on the Patriots on the road is like peeing in the holy water or doing a nun in the butt.

Take the Denver ML or else God will be seriously vexed at you for betting against the second coming of Baby Jesus Tebow and his band of merry men.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Pats-6,1H-4

First 123 Last