billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Injury Reports for Week 15

Thought I better get this going early as their appear to be many significant injury situations for this week.

Miami

Qb Matt Moore has was is suspected to be a fairly severe concussion. J.P Losman is your likely starter this week.
    Starting LT Jake Long has a significant back injury and left after one quarter yesterday. The Dolphins gave up 7 sacks after Long went down. Blindside replacement Nate Garner is clearly not ready and RT Marc Columbo does not belong in the NFL. RG Vernon Carey also re-injured his ankle.

To say the Dolphins are in trouble is an understatement. Losman is a candidate for the worst QB still getting a paycheck and that line is an embarrassment without Jake Long.

Please do not buy into the "gonna win for the new coach" hype before considering this. I am interested to see the opener for the Buffalo game this week.

NY Jets

Huge blow to the secondary losing SS Jim Leonhard. He is the quarterback of that unit, calls all signals and has been lost for the year with a knee injury. When Leonhard was hurt last year the Jets lost 3 of the first 4 games he was out.

Bengals

RG Bobbie Williams is done for the year with a serious ankle injury. The line is already short RT Andre Smith with an ankle injury.

Steelers

We all know Roethlisburger has a significant high ankle sprain and Charlie Batch is gonna get the practice reps this week. All Pro C Maurkice Pouncey also has what is termed a grade one high ankle sprain. It is the same ankle he injured before the Super Bowl. He is already out of the boot and says he expects to play at San Fran on Monday. They will need him to be 100% against that line.

Jacksonville

Another CB T.J Heath has been placed on IR. Same crew will be available against Atlanta this week. Starting WR Mike Thomas (concussion) and backup WR Cecil Shorts (hamstring) are both unlikely to play.

The line for that Atlanta game is -11. Don't be fooled by that performance against Tampa. The Bucs have packed it in for the year. This line is short a full field goal.
    Points Awarded:

Love The Action gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

p19101 gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

billysink

Tennessee

The Titans are getting extremely thin at LB. Barrett Ruud is already out, Akeem Ayers injured his shouler and did not return. Gerald McRath is on crutches and looks done with a knee injury.

QB Matt Hasselbeck felt something pop in his calf and Jake Locker is likely gonna start. WR Nate Washington played about as brave a game as you will see on that bad ankle but was not able to finish. RB Javon Ringer had an X-ray on his injured hand and may not be available.

The Titans opened -6.5 against Indy in Indianapolis. I am sure I am not the only one who is considering that the Colts break the streak this week. I am hoping the blind get that to -7 before I have to buy it.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

A must read every week

billysink

Raiders—FS Michael Huff did not finish the game with a hamstring pull.

The Raiders WR corps got pretty thin by the end of the game yesterday. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey did not finish the game with a heel injury and Chaz Schilens hurt his foot and left the game .

Safety Michael Huff also left as did C Samson Satile.

The Raiders have the Lions coming up this week. That is like watching the State Penitentiary face off against the County Jail. The two most idiotic and undisciplined teams in the game. This will likely give the term "flag football" a whole new look.

Back tomorrow with a review of the NFC situation.

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Good stuff Billy!!!!Nice call on Skins too!!!!!!

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopme View Post
    Good stuff Billy!!!!Nice call on Skins too!!!!!!
    Thanks Shocker. I can't take any credit for the Skins game, I did not play that side. I posted some information for the forum community that hopefully they heeded while handicapping the game but I waited until the inactive report came out to confirm the lineups and missed the good number. Made a small play on the under which I lost. Badly.

It was quite a good day for me but I can't take any credit for a Skins side.

billysink

Tampa Bay

I just do not see how the can run Josh Freeman out there next week. He looked terrible yesterday, got rocked a couple of times and was in a shoulder harness after the game. He stated that some of his errant throws and the inteceptions "just died on him" as he clearly does not have the strength to wing it.

I would be shocked to see him play.

LeGarrette Blount is suffering from two amputated hands. He simply cannot hang on to the football right now.

They play the desperate Cowboys this week. I think they lack focus and effort and may be mailing it in. Insiders say that the defense loves coach Morris but can't stand the defensive coordinator. That happens to be coach Morris.

That line went from 6.5 to 7 in a hurry. Of course I was at work and missed it. Working for a living is highly over rated sometimes. I will now buy that tick.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

any word on Brian Dawkins and the rest of the Broncos?

billysink

Cowboys

Demarco Murry is done. We all saw him bust his ankle. Felix is obviously more than capable and gets Tampa Bay this week. I could run for a hundie against them. I am a little heavier than Felix but a shade slower. Doesn't matter, I can still outrun any Buc linebacker.

C Phil Costa suffered a concussion and his status will be updated tomorrow. Leading tackler LB Sean Lee re injuired his wrist but has already said he will go back to a more rigid cast and play.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    any word on Brian Dawkins and the rest of the Broncos?
    Not much more to report than SS Dawkins injured his neck and left the game, his backup David Bruton also left and was seen in a walking cast after the game. CB Andre Goodman suffered a concussion.

Dawkins injury is recurring and there is some concern that he will miss time. It looks as if the secondary may be thin this weekend. Not the kind of thing God wants with New England on deck.

Also of major importance is the hamstring injury to FB Spencer Larsen. He plays a quiet but significant role on that offense.
    Last edited by billysink; 12-12-11 at 10:09 PM.

billysink

I am gonna stay on these all week folks and will have more information after tomorrow's pressers.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Thought I better get this going early as their appear to be many significant injury situations for this week.
    Could you post the link to your source of information?

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good info! THANKS!

bigballer891
    bigballer891's Avatar Become A Pro!

great thread. good posting

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Could you post the link to your source of information?
    It is all local media for the most part.

http://www.usnpl.com/

I also listen to a lot of local radio.

USA today team reports as well

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...eamreports.htm

Love The Action

Cowboys

I could run for a hundie against them. I am a little heavier than Felix but a shade slower. Doesn't matter, I can still outrun any Buc linebacker.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

nice info, very helpful. what is the injury status of WR Andre Johnson of the Texans?

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

nice stuff on injuries/cant ignore this/since 2006 san diego has 24 w/2 losses in dec./big fantasy day for rivers/gates/jackson/from me/s.d 23 ravens20/49rs 16 pitts.13/denver27 n.e.24/last 5 games btwn.n.e./denver/denver is 4w/1loss/gl all

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

read this thread weekly, nice work.

billysink

Denver Broncos update.

It is becoming harder and harder to get accurate information on the things that really matter when researching this football team. You get umpteen articles about crap that has nothing to do with anything of importance, especially injuries.

What I did uncover is the Brian Dawkins is going to be OK and is likely to play. It is not looking good for David Bruton and Andre Goodman. With 2 of the top five secondary players not likely to play we are going to see backups at safety and CB on the field most of the day. Normal defensive alignments when facing Brady are for 5 DB's to be on the field to counter the Pats 3 wide, 2 tight end sets.

I am trying to find information on FB Spencer Larsen, LDE Robert Ayers and RDT Marcus Thomas but it seems to be a bit more important to publish some bullshit that the pastor of someone's church has to say. These D-Line injuries are of major concern as both players start. With the Pats coming to town that is significant.

billysink

Detroit update

Suh is back at practice, DT Nick Fairley and CB Chris Houston practiced and are expected to play. Two other CB's Aaron Berry and Eric Wright did not practice. Berry would have shifted to nickel with the return of Houston as Alphonso Smith will likely shift to cover starter Wright if he can't go. Any way you line them up the Lions are still a bit short back there. Safety Louis Delmas did not practice either adding to the secondary issues.

Strongside linebacker Jason Durant also did not practice. Bobby Carpenter is a capable replacement there.

Kevin Smith went through stretching but did not go through full practice. I am watching him closely this week. The Lions will need to establish a strong running game or teams are going to be able to eliminate Calvin Johnson like the Vikes did last week. That underneath double they threw at Johnson was a copycat of what the Niners did to him and was effective.

The Lions had no business beating Minny and are a risky proposition against the Raiders.
    Last edited by billysink; 12-14-11 at 02:21 PM.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

thanks for all the useful info. Looking at all the Jags out to injury I really feel like the Falcons will roll on the Thurs nighter.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

These threads are great! Thanks Billy!

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    thanks for all the useful info. Looking at all the Jags out to injury I really feel like the Falcons will roll on the Thurs nighter.
    I have to agree with you 100% here. In addition to the injuries noted at the top you can add S Chris Prosinski to IR. He had replaced Dwight Lowery who missed last week and is not yet healthy enough to practice. They are going to have to go with Akwasi Owusu-Ansah at safety. Ansah was signed off the street on Dec 3.

That imay leave the Jags with two off the street signee's and an undrafted rookie in the starting defensive secondary on Thursday.

Against Roddy White and Julio Jones that is no good. And that TE what's his name Gonzalez or something just may be good enough that there will be no safety help.

Top it off that Jax's bread and butter is MJD and the Falcon's don't give up much on the ground.

I don't think 11 is near enough.

billysink

Tampa Bay update.

Another DT injured in practice Tuesday as Brian Price left practice with an ankle injury. He had replaced the previously IR'ed Gerald McCoy. They also placed John McCargo on IR Tuesday. McCargo was signed a few weeks back when McCoy went out.

Fat Albert is not going to be able to rotate like his fat ass has to to stay in the game. They don't have anyone to rotate with. Fattie's gap control sucks, they are going to have to roll out another fat guy off the street to play beside him and the linebackers are terrible.

Felix might run for 7 miles on Saturday. The only concern is that if Felix goes down, who the hell else they got????????

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

im with you guys, atl line is short...

great stuff as always Billy..much appreciated

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    im with you guys, atl line is short...

great stuff as always Billy..much appreciated
    Thx BD

Good luck this week Brother.

billysink

Vikings

Christian Ponder is slated to start. He was pulled last week in favor of Joe Webb after a nasty hit by Steven Tulloch last week but his hip is no worse for the wear. He has thrown a bunch of picks in the last two or three but remains the starter.

Adrian Peterson will be back in this week.

No changes in the Viking secondary. Those of you who watched last week saw that depleted secondary shut down the Lions for the most part. DO NOT look for a repeat performance this week. You cannot give safety help on the wides with Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles to worry about. There will be no underneath coverage this week.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Thanks brother.

Good luck this week!!!

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    nice info, very helpful. what is the injury status of WR Andre Johnson of the Texans?
    Bear Sorry I missed this one.

Looks like next week for Johnson. The Texans are getting by pounding the ball with Foster and Tate. They should be able to run against that linebacker set of Carolina this week and are probably content with that game plan.

Love The Action

Tampa Bay

I just do not see how the can run Josh Freeman out there next week. He looked terrible yesterday, got rocked a couple of times and was in a shoulder harness after the game. He stated that some of his errant throws and the inteceptions "just died on him" as he clearly does not have the strength to wing it.

I would be shocked to see him play.

LeGarrette Blount is suffering from two amputated hands. He simply cannot hang on to the football right now.

They play the desperate Cowboys this week. I think they lack focus and effort and may be mailing it in. Insiders say that the defense loves coach Morris but can't stand the defensive coordinator. That happens to be coach Morris.

That line went from 6.5 to 7 in a hurry. Of course I was at work and missed it. Working for a living is highly over rated sometimes. I will now buy that tick.
    Full participation for Freeman at practice and every indication is that he is a full go.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope everyone got on Atl early, looks like we were right about the line being short...

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Full participation for Freeman at practice and every indication is that he is a full go.
    Thanks brother. I hope he throws up a few more dying quails against Dallas.

Moore back at practice today for Miami as was Jake Long.

12 Last