No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If Bradford plays tonight, does the line change much?

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I would expect it to move, not sure how much though...Seachickens won 24-7 last time and that was with Bradford playing and they still had under 200 yds total offense...Rams are just so flat out horrible on the road (1-7 ATS in last 8 and they only avg. 8.5pts on the road as well)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I would expect it to move, not sure how much though...Seachickens won 24-7 last time and that was with Bradford playing and they still had under 200 yds total offense...Rams are just so flat out horrible on the road (1-7 ATS in last 8 and they only avg. 8.5pts on the road as well)
    Why is the total 37.5?

I figured it'd be 34-35.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why is the total 37.5?

I figured it'd be 34-35.
    Because its going over

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

why would the Rams even want Bradford to play? no reason to get him more hurt when they have nothing to play for.

canepole
    Update your status
    canepole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8117

if bradford plays st louis is the pick

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

when is the last time Bradford played? I havent' followed the Rams this year

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by LolsMcwinsey View Post
    Because its going over
    That's kind of what I'm thinking.

It was 24-7 in a Dome the first time around, now the total's 37.5 outside in the cold air with Bradford questionable and the Rams not scoring to save their lives lately?

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

line just moved a point. bradford is probable form what i hear

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why is the total 37.5?

I figured it'd be 34-35.
    I thought the same...gun to my head I'm seeing 27-13 game

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by NOboy View Post
    line just moved a point. bradford is probable form what i hear
    ya seattle -9 on dsi

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bradford is now probable.
    A surprise, likely out of desperation since # 2 Feeley is out and Rams only have absolute joke journeymen backups they just picked up last week. And Josh McDaniel ("MsDumbass", offensive coordinator) has a ridiculously complex offensive scheme... worse than Mike Martz, highly criticized from the outset. It would be a clusterschtook to put a QB the Rams just picked up a week ago in there!
    So they might throw poor Bradford out there to hand off and play with extreme caution, he is being a good team player, but it is pure stupidity IMO.
    The line has gone down from 10 to 9 some places.
    Bradford got pounded like Sonny Corleone at the toll booth his first 5-6 games against good pass rushing "D"'s (Giants, Skins, Ravens, Packers) and has not been the same. He has numerous "dings" but the high ankle sprain is the latest issue.
    He missed a few games, then came back but when he played he was very tentative and did not do well at all, then he was out again 3-4 games.
    So I would not expect a lot from him tonight. A few hits and he might be outta there.
    3 OL starters (2 tackles & C) are OUT for the Rams, plus 2 OL backups that would have played.
    They also have 7 (yes SEVEN) CB's on IR, plus a safety, and 4 WR's-TE's out that would have played. They picked up WR Lloyd from Denver and he is top notch but is obviously not happy to be in the Rams mess when he could be in Denver. His contract is over this yr... dont expect him to dive head first across the middle tonight.
    Rams coach Spagnola and the GM are heavily rumored to be OUT.
    SO this is a possible spot for the Rams to collapse, ANOTHER west coast trip, "we are toast, coach is going, GM is going, WTF?" AND there "O" has been miserable all year, even when healthy, I would say 6-10 pts tonight, tops, maybe another shut out like @ SF last week. SF slept thru that game and won 26-0.
    Seattle has been playing well, beat Rams in SL 24-7 3-4 weeks ago, but I do not look for "revenge" letdown, the Hawks are looking to the future, Pete Carroll has SOLD them on their future, building something for next year, he is seeing who is on board for next year, they are playing for salaries, positions, playing time... they know he will be there and next year they are playoff caliber.
    They are motivated... though they have a lot of injuries, too.
    Lynch is having fun, look for 150+ yds from him... and some deep play action passes from Jackson that go for big yards against walk-on Ram DB's. You sign a CB this late in the year, you are not getting much, are you? Rams have several out there on the field they signed 2-3 weeks ago.
    I hope the line goes down a bit, though Bradford is a quality QB, (he can be up there with the best in the coming years) I cannot see him having a good game with the decimated OL and his high ankle sprain still has to be tender.
    I think Vegas realizes that even if Bradford starts, it is desperation because # 2 Feeley is out and complete joke journeymen are the only backups... so Bradford will not be aggressive and rolling out like he can. So it may not go down from 9. We shall see.
    SerbOne's MNF LOCK OF THE YEAR.
    10* Seattle - 9. (HUGE)
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-12-11 at 12:15 PM.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle by 17+

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

seattle or nothing at anything under 10

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

So Bradford is starting over a guy who hasn't played a snap as a starter and the line drops one point. WAAAAAT?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    So Bradford is starting over a guy who hasn't played a snap as a starter and the line drops one point. WAAAAAT?
    It was -10 and is now -9, why so confusing?

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just figured Bradford to be worth more than a point, that's all.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

That makes me love my -10 Seattle play.....Bradford starting and +9 should sway the 70% public over a little. To the rams side good luck Seattle 31.
    Rams 10

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea I got 3 Units on the game at 9.5 and 2 on the 1H. Thinking of dropping another 2 to 3 units on the game

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

It isn't kickoff yet, the news just broke that he is probable, that could change before game time or more people can find out. Still over 6 hours.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Great post serbone!

bfour
    bfour's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5877

He's injured and has been bad all year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

seahawk how many units u throwin down?

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Stellar post Serbone. I do like SEA against the spread here-they have a decent defense and Lynch will be having a field day. SEA's turnover differential (+8 on the year I think) is a great indicator as well. If STL plays Bradford it is sheer lunacy and I feel for the dude. Cheers and good luck tonight.

Serbone

True, but he will be hobbled, tentative, he will not sprint out pass, will not hold on to the ball and make time to throw downfield. The games he HAS played in the middle of the season he was very conservative, not himself at all.
    He is now questionable, buy the way, not probable.
    The team is a train wreck.
    If this was earlier in the season with all 5 OL and WR's avail, it would be a MUCH bigger pointspread swing because he could put the whole "O" into full swing. Though, it wasnt much anyway. Look at Rams pt totals for the yr:
    0 (@ SF), 20 (AZ), 7 (Sea), 12 (@Cle), 13 (@AZ), 31 (NO), 7 (@Dall), 3 (@GB), 10 Wash), 7 (Balt), 16 (@Giants), 13 (Philly).
    That New Orleans game was the all time fluke-letdown. The Saints players were not used to a big time swinging party town like St. Louis and got wasted Saturday night before the noon game Sunday.
    I think Bradford is just being a noble, honorable guy since he knows the subs do not know the system so he will go out there and give it a try. But I think he will not make it 60 minutes.
    Tom Brandenstater was going to start, he has never taken an NFL snap, 27 yo out of Fresno, then they signed
    Kellen Clemens, 28 from Oregon, FRIDAY, he was cut by Houston, he played some games with the Jets, has completed 147 passes in the NFL. FRIDAY the Rams signed him.
    The line opened at -6.5 briefly when LV thought Feeley and / or Bradford both were probable, shot to 10, 10.5 when they said Feeley is definitely out and Bradford doubtful and Brandenstater would start.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-12-11 at 03:05 PM.
    Points Awarded:

WinningIsKeY gave Serbone 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

He's worth 2 points when healthy.

Serbone

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He's worth 2 points when healthy.
    2 pts?
    It depends upon who the other QB would be, timing, all of that.
    When Bradford was completely healthy, and the team (though shitty) is relatively healthy, IMO he is probably worth 5-6 pts or so compared to goddam Brandenstater, 27, who has never taken an NFL snap, and just signed with Rams a week ago.
    But 3 over Feeley, who has played some football and been with the Rams and knows McDaniels system.
    Tonight, Bradford will not be completely healthy if he goes out there.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

The best play tonight is probably STL TT u13.5 or 14..no way they score more than 2 touchdowns tonight

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

If I wasn't already on this game with 2 teasers I'd prob go ATS now. I have no intentions to overbet the game after the best bet weekend since SB 2007 . Seahawks -2.5 to close out another 2 teasers, plus a 7 and a 8 team teaser here on SBR

Serbone

Quote Originally Posted by Dom177 View Post
    The best play tonight is probably STL TT u13.5 or 14..no way they score more than 2 touchdowns tonight
    OR over 23.5 for Seattle.
    I think of all the over under numbers, game over, game under, Rams over, under, Seattle over, Seattle under, the best would be Seattle "over" since Rams "O" will be punting to Seattle all night, time of possession, inevitable that Seattle gets 23.5 pts.
    It could be an game under if Seattle wins 28-6, or an over if Seattle wins 37-14 (late Ram TD is possible if it is a blowout), all sorts of ways of looking at it.
    SO safest total is Seattle o 23.5 IMO.
    But I am just betting Seattle -9 and Seattle -14 (+ 160).

Serbone

Shit.
    ESPN says Bradford is starting, wearing a special boot and taking a painkiller. And they say Rams are going with maximum protection packages for Bradford to ensure he is not hit.
    Well, they could pull it off and keep it close but Seattle is not stupid and will load the box to keep RB Jackson from running for first downs and play the WR's close since Rams will not go deep too often.
    I am hoping Seattle puts some points up on Rams depleted secondary first, then run Lynch on a Ram D that also is weak against the run. Then a rout even with Bradford.
    He is a fine young man but I have to hope that Bradford struggles and they pull him.
    They say Clemens will play next, not Brandenstater, even though Clemens signed with the Rams Friday. He has NFL experience with Jets, though last yr threw only two passes, how in the world will he know McDaniels (McDumass) complex system Disaster for Rams if he has to play.
    I guess that is why Bradford is playing... is he pushing it? I think he probably is... Coach Spagnola is already on the bubble and will be exposed to a lot of criticism if something goes wrong, Bradford is truly a franchise QB, the Rams are hopeless 2-10, why play him on a cold night on artificial turf against a team that is fighting for a long shot playoff spot?
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-12-11 at 06:50 PM.

troynewell47
    troynewell47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Shit.
    ESPN says Bradford is starting, wearing a special boot and taking a painkiller. And they say Rams are going with maximum protection packages for Bradford to ensure he is not hit.
    Well, they could pull it off and keep it close but Seattle is not stupid and will load the box to keep RB Jackson from running for first downs and play the WR's close since Rams will not go deep too often.
    I am hoping Seattle puts some points up on Rams depleted secondary first, then run Lynch on a Ram D that also is weak against the run. Then a rout even with Bradford.
    He is a fine young man but I have to hope that Bradford struggles and they pull him.
    They say Clemens will play next, not Brandenstater, even though Clemens signed with the Rams Friday. He has NFL experience with Jets, though last yr threw only two passes, how in the world will he know McDaniels (McDumass) complex system Disaster for Rams if he has to play.
    I guess that is why Bradford is playing... is he pushing it? I think he probably is... Coach Spagnola is already on the bubble and will be exposed to a lot of criticism if something goes wrong, Bradford is truly a franchise QB, the Rams are hopeless 2-10, why play him on a cold night on artificial turf against a team that is fighting for a long shot playoff spot?
    r u still confident in your bet ?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no way in Hell Seattle should be laying 9 points tonight,so this is the very reason Seattle is a DEADBOLT LOCK!!!

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

lol pauly that was my thoughts when I bet! but now with 60% on the seahawks and the line down a point in stls favor I might buy my bet back and take the other side and eat the juice.

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Bradford was a system QB at OU. Horribly overrated and injured. Hawks - whatever and Rams TT will not go over 10

123 Last