No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Another Tebow thread

Here's my take: first, it doesn't surprise me that a winner and a man of faith who has blown up a lot of bets is hated almost universally in a gambling forum. He represents a lot of things degenerate gamblers hate, and he's cost a lot of people money to boot.

I've never been a Tebow fan personally, but you have to respect the guy's penchant for winning. He has obvious flaws, but I look at it this way: people keep saying "Denver didn't win because of Tebow" -- have you looked at his fourth quarter stats? They're through the roof. He maybe didn't single-handedly didn't deliver these victories, but he played a significant role with clutch throw after clutch throw.

He's a heady player who is tough, in incredible physical shape and doesn't turn the ball over. Football is a team game and Tebow plays into that concept to perfection. He doesn't try to do too much and would rather lead his team than put up huge stats before coughing it up late -- something plenty of other big-name QB's are great at in the NFL.

I think a lot of the Tebow hate speaks to the insecurities of fans who aren't used to seeing an NFL quarterback contribute to wins in a less traditional way. I also think that if he wasn't such a devoted man of faith, he wouldn't be hated on nearly as much.

Have to tip my hat to the guy. People love to hate on winners, and this guy's obviously a winner, so let the hating commence. Again.
    Points Awarded:

MEATHEAD gave No coincidences 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382, and upscope

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Not a Denver fan but I respect the hell out of Tebow. Kid is a hard worker, regardless of what his faith is. He puts everything he has out on the field and just wants to win. He plays the game for the right reasons and represents what football should be or how I wish many of these other spoiled players would act. Kid is a class act. Hope he keeps winning ....

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I agree with most of what you said.

Tebow is a good kid. He is the kind of guy you want your daughter to date.

I think Barber deserves as much credit for the Denver win yesterday though. I don't know what the hell he was thinking. The fumble in overtime was just icing on the cake.

I think a lot of the dislike (hate) comes from people who are just tired of hearing about him on a daily basis. That is where I come from anyway.

I like him as a person, but think he is still very lacking as an NFL QB. He has been money in the 4th quarter of games so far though. He has the intangibles to be great, but his passing skills are lacking at this point in time.

As of now, I still would not want him to be my team's QB.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I just dont get how he gets stopped all game and then for some reason during the last drive he can just walk up the field

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Seems like a great guy and leader that knows how to win. Unfortunately, his physical limitations as a passer will prove his downfall. He won't be a long term success as a starter, but is an ideal backup who will probably have a longer than average career because of his intangibles. I think he would make a great coach someday.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    I just dont get how he gets stopped all game and then for some reason during the last drive he can just walk up the field
    I don't either, but it's basically happened 7 weeks in a row.

His 4th quarter stats are pretty damn solid.

Love The Action

Teams play prevent defense that opens up easy passes over the middle for ten to fifteen yard chunks. If teams stayed with their base defense at the end of games and pressured him, he would not be as successful. Teams will adjust though....

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Because they run different plays. For most of the game, they are just trying to finish the drive with a kick of any kind - XP, FG, or punt.

When you adjust for rushing yards and sacks, Tebow is very productive overall, near the top of the league. He limits negative plays and he can choke an opponent with field position.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Teams play prevent defense that opens up easy passes over the middle for ten to fifteen yard chunks. If teams stayed with their base defense at the end of games and pressured him, he would not be as successful. Teams will adjust though....
    Almost impossible to pressure Tebow. If you do, he's going to make plays with his feet. Defenses have to pretty much play gap control on passing plays.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't either, but it's basically happened 7 weeks in a row.

His 4th quarter stats are pretty damn solid.
    You cant complete 38% of your passes over the first three quarters and then 60% in the 4th and expect to win long term. That is why Elway will not commit to Tebow as the starter. I think the guy would be a great career backup though because he is such a great leader.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

I know its a long ways ahead but what happens when tebow gets older and has all the wear and tear on him ffrom the beating hes going to be taking for the next few years? can this guy really be an NFL QB for a decade?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

moses parted the red sea, walking down a football field is much easier from what i have seen

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

You cant complete 38% of your passes over the first three quarters and then 60% in the 4th and expect to win long term. That is why Elway will not commit to Tebow as the starter. I think the guy would be a great career backup though because he is such a great leader.
    Sure you can. Tim Tebow is proving it right now.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

People keep saying he isn't the long term answer but at thus point, I'm done questioning the guy. All he does is win and people keep making excuses why he isn't good.

What's more important, winning ir putting up stats?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Almost impossible to pressure Tebow. If you do, he's going to make plays with his feet. Defenses have to pretty much play gap control on passing plays.

balls2wall

I agree with your post. However, I am pretty sure I heard on nfl network or espn yesterday that they said he was committing to Tebow as the starter for next year. I could always be wrong, but I am 99% sure I heard that.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

Tebow probably procrastinated all of his school work, and had to cram for every exam.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If this had been a game or two, I'd agree.

It's 7 now.

balls2wall

Sure you can. Tim Tebow is proving it right now.

"long term" are the key words. He is proving it short term now.

balls2wall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Tebow probably procrastinated all of his school work, and had to cram for every exam.

LOL

said a prayer right before every one and then aced them all

TheFakeG
    TheFakeG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 832

Tebow excels when the pace of the game quickens - maybe that "Hurry-Up" offense needs to be run a little more than it is right now.

Love The Action

If this had been a game or two, I'd agree.

It's 7 now.
    7 games is not even 1/2 of a season. That is a completely statistically irrellevant sample size. Tebow will eventually get hurt running 20x per game or his physical limitations as a passer will catch up to him.

The guy is a great leader and I am not knocking the guy. However, his physical limitations as a passer will prove his downfall as a starter.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    "long term" are the key words. He is proving it short term now.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

100% wrong

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I had that game yesterday for over 7 1st quarter .
    Messed me up from a big 6 teamer man -.-
    Tebow sucks never put your money on a lefty quarterbac k.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He made every big play for the last 2 months

best clutch player in football right now

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

Well they are 1-1 against playoff teams, probably lose this weekend. If they don't have a kicker that is money, then he would be like Romo.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He made every big play for the last 2 months

best clutch player in football right now
    Did he strip Barber, make a 59 yard field goal?

The reason he has had to play so well in the 4th quarter is because he allowed his team to fall behind by not scoring points early in games.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Well they are 1-1 against playoff teams, probably lose this weekend. If they don't have a kicker that is money, then he would be like Romo.
    Bailey is 2nd in the NFL in FGs made.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Bailey is 2nd in the NFL in FGs made.

He had a game tying field goal blocked last night, and missed a winning field goal the week before. May have cost them 2 games. Tebow has a kicker that has been making those clutch kicks.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I really hope he makes it as an nfl quarterback

but I really do believe that if he doesnt improve his throwing he will not make it

he has been showing signs of improvement, and his receivers are not giving him justice with some ridiculous drops, could've helped him win some games easier and with less stress

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post

He had a game tying field goal blocked last night, and missed a winning field goal the week before. May have cost them 2 games. Tebow has a kicker that has been making those clutch kicks.
    Romo also has more talent around him on offense, and more talent on defense.

Maybe if Romo exhibited more as a leader, the defense wouldn't fold under pressure???

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Maybe if Romo exhibited more as a leader, the defense wouldn't fold under pressure???
    He can't. He's a natural born loser.

The missed pass to Austin was a prime example. Romo can make 30 great throws in a row, but when he needs to make the most important one, he gags.

Romo is everything Tebow isn't from a physically-gifted, traditional throwing QB standpoint.

Tebow is everything Romo isn't when it comes to intangibles and handling pressure.

Fans are used to seeing and familiar with the former and scared of the unknown associated with the latter.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL, so Tebow has inspired the defense and he is the sole reason why the whole team has done well? He inspired Prater to hit the 59 yard field goal.

If it was only that easy.

What happened in the Lions loss, did he not inspire the team enough that day?

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tebow finds a way to win. It doesn't matter if it's by skill or luck. He's a winner.

1234 ... Last