SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Why I think Dallas will collapse.

I have watched every snap of the Dallas Cowboys and I am afraid they are going to blow it. I feared the Arizona game, and my biggest fear came true. Here is why Dallas can not succeed this year. In order of biggest problem to smaller problems.

1. The Secondary - Terrance Newman is all sorts of bad this year. He has fell of completely and has been targeted in every game leading to big numbers for opposing QBs. Jenkins return helps take some pressure off of him, but as we saw sunday, Newman can not even be counted on to cover 2nd string receivers.

2. The offensive line - Every highlight Romo play has involved him avoiding the pass rush and finding a receiver. They have their moments where they block for a few seconds, but their biggest problem is their false starts. They prefer to have have their false starts at the worst times. Usually 3rd downs forcing 3rd and long. Also, they are strong, but not fast, they miss alot of their pulling assignments leaving Demarco Murray to get hit in the backfield. Which brings me to the next problem....

3. The rushing game Just when Dallas fans got excited about the running game, their FB went out with a mysterious virus (T virus ??) and the running game has returned to 64 yards a game. Demarco Murray has also looked ... strange.. there was about 3 times vs the cardnials where we seemingly tripped over his own feet. He doesnt seem able to to get to the second level anymore, forcing all the pressure on the passing game.

4. The WR'sWhats up with Dez Bryant Sometimes he plays like Randy Moss with the vikings, other times he plays like Randy Moss with the Raiders. Garret has seemed content with calling streaks and allowing Dez to go up and get it, but he seems slow turning around and appears to be jogging late in the games. There have been several people stating that he suffers from poor conditioning. Miles Austin should return, but he had a few big drops in his last game, Lauran Robinson is pretty athletic but seems to be lost at times, lining up in the wrong spot or running the wrong route.

5. Dan Baleys mentality He made about 25 FGs in a row, then Dallas called on him to kick a very long one 56ish ? he does not have a very strong leg .... he missed it, then bounced his next one off the post and it went in ... then there was the potential game winner ... He was once a blessing, but kicking is a mental game and we have seen this before. How will his mind be down the stretch.

The bright sides for Dallas are ...
    The linebackers: Demarcus Ware and Sean Lee are playing out of their mind, but both have been having health issues and Sean Lee is left with one hand ... he now looks like Mega man

Tony Romo , the Cowboys scapegoat has lead Game winning drives on 4 of Dallas' 7 wins this season. he would have had the 5th one sunday after throwing a 20 yard pass to Dez Bryant to put Dallas in Field Goal range, but the kick was not to be.

Jason Witten , he has always been productive , but had quite a few drops last year. He seems to be back on track this year.

With all that being said , i do not see how Dallas can compete down the stretch. When they rush for 1 yard on first, have an incompletion on 2nd down, then a false start on third, they are faced with way to many 3rd and 14's to be successful.

On Defense, it is only a matter of time before the oppsoing coach realizes they need to pick on Newman and if the front line doesnt keep constant pressure, Newman is burned for a 20 yard catch, or commits a pass interference to keep from getting burned. I fear Dallas will only win one game down the stretch. I hope they prove me wrong though

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Fia the fullback for Dallas is back this week along with Miles Austin should be huge for this team. Defense still only gave up 13 points in regulation to the Cards thats not bad. Didn't allow to many points vs Miami also. Think they will be fine especially with Austin and Fiamiatta back alot of weapons on that team. Offensive line and secondary a big problem for them i agree with that. And of course Jason Garrett sucks as a head coach and OC. I could see them collapsing also though.

SportsPedagogy

I hope Fimiatta returns to form blocking!
    Were going to need a solid running game to beat the Giants.
    It seemed like the Cards were making all the passes they needed in the 2nd half, same with the Miami game. That and the horrible PI the secondary committed. I am very worried for the giants game.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

megaman lol. you on board with the giants this week?

titanup
    titanup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I think they will collapse because of TONY BLOMO, and then I see Jerry Jones calling Jeff Fisher

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I dont see jerry jones ever bringing in a big name coach again... he wants 100% of the control, which is why he will not win another sb

SportsPedagogy

Eli does his best Vs Dallas ....
    I might take the points and hope Dallas kicks a last second FG to win by 1 !
    I think Dallas should get Mike Martz as a OC, Jason Garrett should not do it by himself.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

its time for the cowboys to hire a black coach
    tony dungy and herman edwards are avaliable

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tons of value in Giants ML for this game. I see Giants as slightly better but being an away game I give a slight edge to Cowboys. Giants have at the very lowest a 45% chance in this game. Given that the 2.71 on the ML is offering such good value

SportsPedagogy

So far, so accurate. LOL Lee's first game without the cast and he gets a pick.

Delirium tremens
    Update your status
    Delirium tremens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1285

How about that overrated D?

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium tremens View Post
    How about that overrated D?
    That was my first point