t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Why are so many people complaining saying the whole board is on Tennessee? I don't see how the whole board is on the Titans.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Why are so many people complaining saying the whole board is on Tennessee? I don't see how the whole board is on the Titans.
    Funny that people think it matters either way. Almost as bad as people who've said "the line says it all" as a reason to take the Titans. Home dogs of 3-6 this year are 10-19-2 ATS. Not that those numbers mean anything either.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

Funny that people think it matters either way. Almost as bad as people who've said "the line says it all" as a reason to take the Titans. Home dogs of 3-6 this year are 10-19-2 ATS. Not that those numbers mean anything either.
    No so why are we mentioning them SK?

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Johnson is turning it on just in time. New Orleans is on fire right now but let's see how they do in a hostile environment outdoors in December. Something tells me Brees won't look so unstoppable Sunday against Tennessee. I expect a big day from the Titans running game and for their defense to cause some timely turnovers.
    Agree.
    NO is not the same team on natural turf, and they are probably content with their latest winning streak and due for a letdown. If its a little windy it throws off Brees incredible touch passing game.
    The Titans are playing good ball, Hasselbeck is good QB, and as you say RB is doing well he is finally in sync with new blocking schemes.
    Titans will be more intense, they are fighting for a playoff spot. NO 2 games in lead of their division.
    Titans are the play.
    Weather, all that, TBD... BIG bet or medium or small TBD.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    When the point spread is 3 or 3.5 either way, the visitor tends to cover. NFL or NCAA. I do not go by that all the time and the betting from one source is 90% on NOrleans.
    Handicap the game.
    NO is not going to be as intense as Tenn, on grass, outdoors, Titans seem like a good play.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a fairly sizable interest in NO sneaking into the #2 spot in the NFC, so I'm hesitant to bet on their games down the stretch here. I can see valid arguments for both sides here.

However I disagree with any notion that the Saints will not come to play because that #2 seed is incredibly valuable to them if it means a week off on WC weekend and homefield vs (most likely) the Niners. The Saints also have a substantial running game available in Sproles/Ingram/Thomas so their dependence on Brees is not such that they fall apart when he doesn't have a huge day. I think I'm just going to pass on this game.

frank416c
    frank416c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

CJ is too volatile... 2 great weeks

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am having trouble liking the Titans because they really haven't beaten anyone. Yeah they beat the Ravens in Week 2, but Baltimore has struggle after big wins this year and they were coming off of first Pittsburgh win. Beyond that, they barely beat the Broncos pre-Tebow at home and all their other wins are all vs. losing teams. I get that Saints are outside on grass but I don't think it will be cold in Tennessee. Saints by 7-ish

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am having trouble liking the Titans because they really haven't beaten anyone. Yeah they beat the Ravens in Week 2, but Baltimore has struggle after big wins this year and they were coming off of first Pittsburgh win. Beyond that, they barely beat the Broncos pre-Tebow at home and all their other wins are all vs. losing teams. I get that Saints are outside on grass but I don't think it will be cold in Tennessee. Saints by 7-ish
    I have similar concerns. I don't really know how good Tennessee is either. The line should tell us all we need to know. If it stays at 3.5, Titans are the play.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Avoid games when the Saints are on the road.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sproles will make a big difference in this one.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

'm taking saints -3.5 in my league i think

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

is the saints run defense really that bad? People say CJ is back but he didnt run for much against ATL. I had the Titans ML @ ATL a few weeks ago and the Hasselback looked awful.

Tough game to pick IMO i could see either team winning.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

we are looking to quiet the critics about "cant win on the road"..expect an inspired effort

also the #2 seed is very important to us and the niners have a favorable schedule down the road where they might only lose 1 game or so..

yes we had a bad game in tampa bay but ppl seem to forget that we lost in the last seconds at lambeau 42-34.
    it might be a little chilly in tennessee but certainly not frigid or there blizzard like conditions.

all that being said its very conceivable the saints only win by 3. wouldnt be suprised if it was a 23-17 type game (except this time titans on the losing end).

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Damn, ThaWoj plays for the Saints. Pretty cool. Does it say ThaWoj on the jersey or what name should I look for?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Titans +4 sounds good considering that they are 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games but somehow i feel like Saints would be able to cover the spread this time, just a gut feeling i guess...
    Last edited by Sacamano; 12-09-11 at 09:40 AM.

t-wizzle

Wonder if this line will move to 3

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints ML

Urbanwildlife

Wonder if this line will move to 3
    It sure would be nice, as my site wants to bring the juice to -130 for a half a point on this game from the present -1.5 -110

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

chris johnson hasnt been "turning it on" look at the defensive statistics of the teams he's played recently.

ive been wanting to bet props on him and take him in fantasy contests but i couldnt bring myself to do it because of his recent form. whoops.

saints by 3 or saints by 17

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

saints are a bad road team. simple as that. 3-3 this year on the road and this will be the worst weather they have faced for them on the road this year.

40 degrees and rainy, the weather definitely favors tennessee's style of play.

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

I'd take the Titans +3.5 all day...they have been playing great as of late and Chris Johnson is himself again. The Saints don't play that well on the road either.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    saints are a bad road team. simple as that. 3-3 this year on the road and this will be the worst weather they have faced for them on the road this year.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="wkndButtonB" width="10%">
    </td> <td class="wkndButtonB" align="center" valign="middle" width="10%">Sunday </td> <td class="wkndButtonB" align="right" valign="top" width="10%">11 </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="60%">
    Sunny</td> <td align="center" valign="middle"> High
    <nobr>48°F</nobr>
    Low
    30°F </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="95%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="center" valign="top">
    </td> <td class="blueFont10" align="left" valign="top" width="50%">0% </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#cfd0b7" valign="top"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">
    </td><td align="center">
    </td><td valign="top"></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="right" valign="top">Wind:</td><td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top"> NE
    at 5 mph
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="right" valign="top">UV Index:</td> <td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top">2 Low</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="right" valign="top">Humidity:</td><td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top">42% </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
    </td><td align="center">
    </td><td valign="top"></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="right" valign="top">Sunrise:</td><td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top">6:48 AM</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="blueFont10" align="right" valign="top">Sunset:</td><td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top">4:33 PM</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right" valign="middle"></td><td align="center">
    </td><td class="blueFont10" valign="top">Full Moon</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 30s.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    this will not happen pal. Saints are healthy and running
    not tryin to be a dick, but REALLY HARD to take advice about FOOTBALL seriously when your avatar is of a 'Quarterback'... i dare not even speek his name cuz im so goddamn sick of hearing ppl talk with his nuts in their mouths, not sayin u are... just the damn media

Last edited by Ch Br; 12-09-11 at 04:31 PM.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post

Don't mush this play kerry.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

I like under 50 better than the spread. BOL T-Wizz.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

ingram is out for the saints.
    im guessing ivory gets off the inactive list for the 1st time in a while even tho PT and sproles will get the majority of the carries. ingram was starting to get productive too. oh well sproles is due for a big game anyways. good luck to titans backers, im not playing the game (i never bet on my own team)

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

saints allows something ridiculous like 4.9 yards per carry and 5.2 on the road. that's worst than both carolina and buffalo so let's not give the saints rush defense so much credit.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Titans + points at home is a very nice play, IMO. Lots of value. They play very hard, have some D and their offensive line play has been improved recently. Hasselback, whilst not a stud, is a winner. That all said, I'm on the Titans and my 'posted play' record is like 1%, if I'm lucky.

We all know what the Saints can do... But they are on the road, they have breathing room and the Titans are fighting for their lives.

Urbanwildlife

t-wizzle

This O/U is way too high but I'm not playing that.

t-wizzle

Looks like the late money was on Tenny but it never moved to 3.

First 123 Last