Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Did anyone else see those pricks fukin walking around down 3 scores with 12 mins to go in the game? The clock management has always been a problem tho. As for desean , we all knew he would go south as soon as the team sucked and he didn't get his stats. If he scored junk td's and junk yards he would be fine with losing. Just the type of player he is. I have personally had enough of watching this team this year. They all can go fuk themselves. We in Philadelphia are tired of being disappointed year after year with Andy and the eagles. Any less then a championship is unacceptable after 12 seasons. Goodbye Andy and desean. Good luck in your future endevours.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Okay, you're clearly a touch slow so ill try to explain more clearly.

Here's an article from and Eagles fan site ( a touch old, but true nonetheless) about Reid's challenge flag woes:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ge_record.html

Feel free to simply goog "andy reid challenge" and read up on the countless times the guy has botched challenges, both by calling them when he shouldn't and not calling them when he should, then we'll see who's "ignorant"

Here's another article from that Eagles fan site about Reid's clock management ineptitude

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_nemesis.html

Are you Reid's kid or something? Did you watch last nights game? He botched a challenge on Young's early pick (which was obviously caught) and then let the Seahawks take the clock all the way down at the end of the half instead of calling a timeout, leaving the Eagles to throw a hail mary on a drive they could have easily scored on.

Why would I possibly hate a coach I have never met on a team I dont care about? It's about looking at the situation from a neutral point of view and seeing things clearly, which you are obviously not doing.

Get a clue.
    LOL....Seriously dude?? You're joking right?? Is this your 1st yr watching football?? First off every coach that has ever coached in the NFL has "countless times" botched challenges.

You fail to understand the basics which doesn't surprise me in the least. Do you even understand that challenges come from coaches upstairs in the box & not from the head coach?? Apparently you don't which again doesn't surprise me. The head coach on the sidelines can't see plays clearly that are close enough to warrant a challenge. That is why they have coaches upstairs in the box that have the benefit of instant replay to see if the play is actually worth a challenge or not. If they feel it is then they radio down & alert the head coach whether or not the play is worth a challenge.....understand?? To simplify it for you the coach in the box gives a recommendation to challenge or not based on the replay. The head coach simply tosses the flag based on that recommendation. For someone such as yourself that is so much smarter than Andy Reid I'd figure you knew this?? Guess not??
    Furthermore, challenge records can be very deceiving. Since you're only allowed 2 challenges (3 if the first two are successful), many times if the result of the play isn't substantial, coaches pass on easy challenge victories in order to "save" their challenges for possibly a more crucial opportunity later in the game. Another factor resulting in a deceiving record is that later in games coaches will challenge in a hopeless effort even though they are likely to lose the challenge simply because the play in question is a game changer & there's no sense in taking your challenges to the locker room.
    This is basic stuff that someone as smart as you should already know.

As far as the clock management goes your citing one example & claiming Reid is "staring into space instead of calling a timeout." The problem is the situation was too complex for you to understand. This is real life NFL not Madden football & outside of Bill Belichick I doubt any NFL coach would have called a timeout in that spot. And there are several reasons why.......

(A) Sea was staring @ a 50 yrd FG on 4th & 4 w/ approx 1:00 to play. If you elect to call a timeout & stop the clock you give the kicking team an opportunity to think it over & then possibly go for it on 4th instead of trying a long field goal. If they go for it & are successful they now have plenty of time to score a TD. If you instead run the clock down going for it is no longer an option & you have forced a long FG attempt instead of a possible TD.

(B) By calling a timeout & stopping the clock you now also risk the chance of a fake FG & if successful have left the kicking team w/ plenty of time to score a TD. If you instead run the clock down the kicking team can no longer risk a fake FG & it's only option is a long FG attempt.

(C) If you call a timeout & stop the clock w/ 1:00 to play the kicking team can now instead of trying a long FG & risk giving field position UP on a miss, take a delay of game, punt, hopefully pin Phi inside their 10, then use their TO's to force Phi to punt out of their own end zone & still have 40 seconds or so to work w/.

(D) If you call a timeout & stop the clock & they successfully kick the FG & follow that UP w/ good kick coverage it's now possible Sea uses it's to's to force a punt & are left w/ time to work w/

With a disoriented team & momentum working against them Reid wisely concluded he wanted to get his team to the locker room rather that put the ball into his struggling QB & offenses hands again & risk even further damage.

Stick to madden football. Or better yet........get a clue

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I love seeing Philly fans suffer. Let him stay, please!
    They can't suffer enough if you ask me.

76'ers? Joke
    Flyers? Joke

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

76'ers? Joke
    Flyers? Joke
    Phillies joke

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

new coach please......

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

76'ers? Joke
    Flyers? Joke
    funny seeing steve nash call the sixers and flyers a joke... correct me if im wrong, but havent both those teams made finals appearances since nash has been in the league, while making 0 appearances of his own??

rwd201
    rwd201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

All I can tell you is that at least one of the coaches for that team is responsible for the downward spiral they have gotten themselves into. Jeffrey Lurie will insist on removing the problem.

Someone will either resign or be let go. Who it will be is not for sure, but it will happen very soon.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

The Eagles were Jim Johnson and not Reid, once he died the Eagles went to shit. One Super Bowl in 13 years, yeah Reid is a great coach.

dlunc3

yea cowher was a great coach too... took him 14 years

dlunc3

99% of NFL coaches cant last 13 yrs to even have the opportunity to get to that one sb... the guy has def done a poor job this yr... but deserves and will get the opportunity to coach out his contract

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

i think they should of got rid of reid a long time ago.he thought he would run the table this year with all those acqusitions but didnt work the way he thought it would

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    Reid has the worst record in the NFL on replay challenges. He missed a easy challenge in the Atlanta game when the Eagles were driving for a TD and Vick threw a pick 6 that clearly hit the ground, cost them the game. He has lasted this long due to a Jim Johnson coached defense. He made a huge mistake hiring his OLine coach to be D Coordinator. Eagles OLine has been bad for many years and you promote the guy to D Coordinator?? I do think he will get another year if he agrees to fire the defensive coachs and hire a new D Coordinator and let him run the D.

False.

First 12