SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Falcons-3EV/Texans....TJ Yates Starts

the texans have their 3rd string qb starting his first game as a pro this week against 1 of the best teams in the nfc (top 4). Why shouldnt I be all over ATL -3EV??? Im not saying atl is all world, but you gotta really like them in this spot

SASH

Ive never been a believer in the texans, ever! Every year a different analyst trys to tell me "this is houstons year, or I really like houston this year"......i just laugh and think to myself yaaaa right. So I really dont like them now that their 3rd string is making his first start against a top 7 or 8 qb in the league on a good team with a respectable d

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm leaning towards Houston ML. Last week I learned it doesn't matter who starts at QB for Texans, they got a nice combo at RB, and a good enough D behind them to keep them in games. Give me Texans at home against a shitty D. Turner and Julio Jones both listed on the practice sheets as "DNP".

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    I'm leaning towards Houston ML. Last week I learned it doesn't matter who starts at QB for Texans, they got a nice combo at RB, and a good enough D behind them to keep them in games. Give me Texans at home against a shitty D. Turner and Julio Jones both listed on the practice sheets as "DNP".
    last week houston played a sh*tty 3-8 jacksonville team. This week their playing a team that was in the nfc divisional game last year (no doubt they got thumped by greenbay, but nonetheless still a team and a qb that has its December chops if you will). Just not sure if this texans team, especially with a 3rd stringer, are capable of beating a palyoff calibur team this time of year when the qb's never been in these december playoff push type games before

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the dirty birds out of their dome and they're not the same team. J. Joseph will be all over roddy white and with turner out/playing gimpy, ryan will have trouble moving the ball.

Give any qb an elite run game and #1 defense at home and he can get it done, 5th round rookie or not.

SASH

Article by Clark Judge I just came across in todays cbssportsline.com. Guy is basically saying the same thing Im saying.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...its-no-contest

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me it was a red flag last week when they struggled to finish off christian ponder and the vikings who were without AP. How much better is ponder than yates? We don't know that answer yet but my guess is not that much. And Yates has foster/tate and the home crowd to lean on not to mention an extremely stingy defense. I wouldn't bet houston but there's enough for me to see that atlanta as road fav's is extremely risky, this game's a toss up.