bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok guys...i need info on curtis martin please

i just heard the jets put curtis martin on the phyiscally unable to preform list today due to his knee. what i want to know is just how bad is his knee anyways, and will he be ready for the regular season ?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

I found this on Fanball. Not much more information but thought Id go ahead and post it.

July 27, 2006 4:05 PM ET
    Jets: Martin placed on PUP list
    The News
    Running back Curtis Martin will not participate in the Jets' first practice Friday because of lingering knee soreness following arrthroscopic offseason surgery, the Associated Press reported. Martin was placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list Thursday.
    Our View
    Players can be taken off the PUP list at any time before the start of the regular season, so this move doesn't necessarily mean Martin will miss a significant amount of practice time. Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston are both candidates to take reps with the first-team offense in his absence.

bigboydan

thanks for the info looker.

i guess thats one way to miss training camp on his part

bigboydan

looks like curtis martin's knee is a little worse than we thought. the latest word i'm hearing right now is he might be retiring this year.