SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    He sat the bench the whole first year and was on the team. He learned the playbook and had the ability to practice the whole year. Yes, this is his first STARTS but he has been able to practice and learn the playbook for a full year and he still can't produce. He is completing 45% on his throws and if you think thats "not bad" then your crazy. Where Andy Dalton is completing 60% of his passes and stop comparing his touchdown/INTo ratio when Tebow doesn't throw the ball enough to throw INT's. You put him in Cam Newtons shoes where they make him throw every other play Tebow's INT's would be sky high. Let me know how you can throw INTs when he running 22 times a game (Highest Rushing Attempts in NFL History).

You have to get over the fact that it's not all about wins! I don't know anybody who would be happy with going 9-7 every year winning one of the shittiest divisions in the NFL and then losing the first round of the playoffs EVERY YEAR and having NO CHANCE of winning a Super Bowl.

Cam Newton's numbers are so bad that he is about to win Rookie of the Year? But he might not because of who!? Oh yeah, Andy Dalton. Leading one the worst teams at the beginning of the year to a possible playoff run as well.

Also if your a QUARTERBACK I think you should at least be able to throw for over 1,000 yards don't you think?
    Running Backs have more rushing yards than he does throwing, that's pathetic.

Cam Newton has over 3,000 passing yards in his ROOKIE YEAR completing 60% of his passes. He has 12 TDs and 14 INTs and just to let you know throwing that many picks isn't that bad, look at Brett Favre. Has the most INTs in NFL History and he is going to be a hall of famer.

Please answer back I can talk about this all day long.

your arguments are retarded, so what you are saying is if I put you on the bench for 2 years and give you a system to study you will come out as payton manning

you just admitted that tebow was sitting for a whole year not playing football, while cam newton had a full season with auburn

so tebow not playing football for a year and is already 5-1 while cam newton came in fresh from winning the BCS and is 3-8

oh and you must not understand statistics, yes cam newton throws more times and obviously will have more interceptions, but he also would have a proportionately higher amount of touchdowns, number of attempts has no bearing on touchdown/turnover ratio and tebow is raping cam newton in the prison showers in that, the most important statistic

also what do you have to say about the fact that they both have similar quarterback passer ratings? I guess the formulas are biased against cam newton cause statistical formulas are racist

oh and you have yet to give me a valid reason for the curious case known as 'one quarterback is 6-3 in first 9 starts while the other is 2-7, how could that be?'
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-01-11 at 07:49 AM.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    your arguments are retarded, so what you are saying is if I put you on the bench for 2 years and give you a system to study you will come out as payton manning

you just admitted that tebow was sitting for a whole year not playing football, while cam newton had a full season with auburn

so tebow not playing football for a year and is already 5-1 while cam newton came in fresh from winning the BCS and is 3-8

oh and you must not understand statistics, yes cam newton throws more times and obviously will have more interceptions, but he also would have a proportionately higher amount of touchdowns, number of attempts has no bearing on touchdown/turnover ratio and tebow is raping cam newton in the prison showers in that, the most important statistic

also what do you have to say about the fact that they both have similar quarterback passer ratings? I guess the formulas are biased against cam newton cause statistical formulas are racist

oh and you have yet to give me a valid reason for the curious case known as 'one quarterback is 6-3 in first 9 starts while the other is 2-7, how could that be?'
    YOUR RETARDED! When your on the bench for an NFL team you practice everyday and have time to practice up to 40 hours a week on the other hand, college players can only practice 17 hours a week.

The reason why carolina is 2-7 is because they have a shitty team! They got first pick in the draft for a reason! They SUCK! Cam Newton is the only player on the team!

And you want to know why Denver runs the ball so much? You think it's because Tebow is a good runner? WRONG! It's because they know Tebow CANT THROW THE BALL, there scared! While Denver is 5-1 a news reporter asked John Elway, "Do you think you found your Quarterback after these past 5 weeks?" He answered, "Uhhhhh, No." Why not Mr. Elway? He's 5-1 and completing 45% of his passes, isn't that good? Shouldn't you be happy? (Sarcasm) It's because John Elway is smart and he knows they need someone else besides Tebow. The only person Tebow is benefiting is the owner because he is bringing in revenue, that's it. Denver's third down conversion percentage is 32.4%. Let me know where your going when you can't continue a drive and keep going 3 and out. I'd take Cam Newton over Tim Tebow any day and your crazy if you think otherwise.

Ambition
    The Professor

YOUR LIVING IN THE MOMENT! Like every other fan of Tebow. Look down the road and when it happens I can't wait to tell you I TOLD YOU SO.

And your comparing Cam Newton's run in the BCS and right away should be going undefeated and winning the Super bowl in the NFL because he did it in college? College Football is a whole lot different than the NFL buddy I thought you would of at least known that. And stop ignoring the facts of Cam Newton being a candidate for Rookie of The Year even though his team is 2-7, I don't think everyone in America is wrong and your right by saying Cam isn't good. Listen to what your saying dude, and Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 6 years and came into the league and look what he's doing now. If you think sitting on the bench and practicing means nothing you need help dude.
    Last edited by Ambition; 12-01-11 at 08:11 AM.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

what I think should be pointed out is that denver was 1-4 before tebow took over

what other changes happened beside the QB change that would explain a 5-1 run?

not to mention the game against san diego were if tebow was put in the game 1 minute earlier he would have led them to a comeback win form a 16 point deficit
    C'mon SM, all the experts are properly showing you it's the schedule and nothing else. Playing Oakland and San Diego at home is obviously more difficult than playing them on the road. Tennessee is a far superior team than say the Jets. Let's not forget they did beat Cincy and we all know Dalton was a much better QB in his 2nd career start and 1st road game out of state than he is now.

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    C'mon SM, all the experts are properly showing you it's the schedule and nothing else. Playing Oakland and San Diego at home is obviously more difficult than playing them on the road. Tennessee is a far superior team than say the Jets. Let's not forget they did beat Cincy and we all know Dalton was a much better QB in his 2nd career start and 1st road game out of state than he is now.
    Thank you I have someone on my side here.

SportsMushroom

YOUR LIVING IN THE MOMENT! Like every other fan of Tebow. Look down the road and when it happens I can't wait to tell you I TOLD YOU SO.

And your comparing Cam Newton's run in the BCS and right away should be going undefeated and winning the Super bowl in the NFL because he did it in college? College Football is a whole lot different than the NFL buddy I thought you would of at least known that. And stop ignoring the facts of Cam Newton being a candidate for Rookie of The Year even though his team is 2-7, I don't think everyone in America is wrong and your right by saying Cam isn't good. Listen to what your saying dude, and Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 6 years and came into the league and look what he's doing now. If you think sitting on the bench and practicing means nothing you need help dude.

no sir YOU are living in the moment, what a fukking hypocrite, you see tebow's performances now and chart his whole career like he has no chance of improving

as I have already said, the crap you are saying about tebow now people like you were saying them about brady and aaron rogers, and now the same people are calling brady and rogers elite quarterbacks

you dont know what the future holds, he has only started in 9 nfl games, 9 SUCCESSFUL games, if the first 9 games are an indication of a players future then cam newton is done for

you keep saying about tebows throwing ability, I will ask you then to explain why tebows and newtons passer rating is EXACTLY the same

answer me that you friggin moron, and go check how the formula for the passer rating is calculated before you make up a baseless excuse for hating on tebow

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL at the people comparing carolinas schedule against denvers

i guarandamntee that if denver played atlanta and new orleans, that would be another 2 losses right there....just like carolina.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is a really good article showing exactly why Tebow is winning. I'm definitely a fan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bow/index.html

Ambition
    The Professor

no sir YOU are living in the moment, what a fukking hypocrite, you see tebow's performances now and chart his whole career like he has no chance of improving

as I have already said, the crap you are saying about tebow now people like you were saying them about brady and aaron rogers, and now the same people are calling brady and rogers elite quarterbacks

you dont know what the future holds, he has only started in 9 nfl games, 9 SUCCESSFUL games, if the first 9 games are an indication of a players future then cam newton is done for

you keep saying about tebows throwing ability, I will ask you then to explain why tebows and newtons passer rating is EXACTLY the same

answer me that you friggin moron, and go check how the formula for the passer rating is calculated before you make up a baseless excuse for hating on tebow
    Your crazy if you think that Tebow will turn out like Rodgers and Brady and I'm not determining a person's career on the first 9 games if Tebow was going to be an elite QUARTERBACK he wouldn't be running the ******* option in the NFL! He would be running the spread offense and actually dropping back to throw the ball. Why does everyone think Andrew Luck is going to be the next BIG thing? Because he can make smart decisions, read defenses, call plays at the line of scrimmage, and most importantly THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD. Unlike Tebow, where in college he ran the option. The formula is determined by attempts, completions, touchdowns, INTs, etc.

Cam Newton stats: 239/392 (61% Completion), 3,093 yards, 12 TDs, 14 INTs, Rating 81.1
    Tim Tebow stats: 65/143 (45.5% Completion), 852 yards, 8 TDs, 1 INT, Rating 80.5

As a head coach and if I had to choice to pick between the two it's obviously Cam Newton. He's more than doubled Tebow's Pass Attempts and 4x more completions. Yes Cam throws more picks because he throws the ball a lot more and Carolina actually trusts him to throw. On the other hand, Denver on a 3rd and 6 (very manageable) they decide to run the ball and go 3 and out and rely on their DEFENSE to hold them in games.

I don't understand how you can argue anything.

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    LOL at the people comparing carolinas schedule against denvers

i guarandamntee that if denver played atlanta and new orleans, that would be another 2 losses right there....just like carolina.
    Thank you! Can you help me out here and talk some sense into this kid? How can he believe Tebow has "potential" to be a Brady & Rodgers?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Tebow has the lowest Interception per pass attempt percentage in the NFL. Even lower than Aaron Rodgers.

Cam Newton is not a good QB either, who cares about passing yards, most overrated statistic ever.
    Every bum in the NFL can get lots of passing yards if he chucks the ball enough times.

Tebow had a 300yard + passing game last year in his 2nd start ever. Not really that hard.

SportsMushroom

Thank you! Can you help me out here and talk some sense into this kid? How can he believe Tebow has "potential" to be a Brady & Rodgers?

do a search about what people were saying about brady and rogers when they first started out, noone thought they would end up being brady and rogers

also, I dont understand your fixation with proving that tebow is a bust

did he fukc your girlfriend or something?
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-01-11 at 09:20 AM.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    This is a really good article showing exactly why Tebow is winning. I'm definitely a fan.

thank you for that article, I would send you 2 points but already sent my daily limit to someone else

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

do a search about what people were saying about brady and rogers when they first started out, noone thought they would end up being brady and rogers also, I dont understand your fixation with proving that tebow is a bust did he fukc your girlfriend of something?
    but brady was putting up the numbers to put an end to those ramblings. timmy will never put up those numbers.

k13

but brady was putting up the numbers to put an end to those ramblings. timmy will never put up those numbers.
    Not when he plays for Fox and with a bunch of Scrubs.

SportsMushroom

you cant possibly know that

you sound like those people that come out and say how a team is the best ever after a win and then the next week when the same team loses those people are the first to officially state how horrible the team is

you are like a drone, you follow the buzz

me, I see a kid who might have some issues in his game but has the skill and determination to correct those issues

Ambition
    The Professor

do a search about what people were saying about brady and rogers when they first started out, noone thought they would end up being brady and rogers

also, I dont understand your fixation with proving that tebow is a bust

did he fukc your girlfriend or something?
    I can't talk about this anymore just wait and watch what happens to Tebow in the future. And Tebow is a virgin btw, hes one with the lord.

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Tebow has the lowest Interception per pass attempt percentage in the NFL. Even lower than Aaron Rodgers.

Cam Newton is not a good QB either, who cares about passing yards, most overrated statistic ever.
    Every bum in the NFL can get lots of passing yards if he chucks the ball enough times.

Tebow had a 300yard + passing game last year in his 2nd start ever. Not really that hard.
    The reason Tebow has such lowest interception per pass attempt in the NFL is because he throws the ball 10-15 times a game and runs 15+ times. Rodgers throw the ball 30+ times a game and only has 4 picks. Rodgers and Tebow shouldnt be in the same sentence together.

SportsMushroom

I can't talk about this anymore just wait and watch what happens to Tebow in the future. And Tebow is a virgin btw, hes one with the lord.

whatever happens with tebow I dont understand why you would dismiss any possibility that he might turn out to be a good quarterback, he is doing very well up to now, read the article share posted a link of, and he will get better

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Diehomo got a boner for tebow, who didn't see this coming?

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

tebow has not beaten a good team

Beat winless dolphins, blown out by Detroit, beat jets at home, raiders with palmer getting adjusted, kansas city, and san diego

Now he plays Minnesota and the Bears without cutler. I bet he'll lose to the Bears and the patiots, let me know when this guy beats a good team.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

the only problem with teebow isn't his stats, his throwing issues but the fact that he will eventually get hurt running this type of offense in the nfl. it will work, is working and will always work if you have the right guy. it just cannot last because of injury not anything else. assuming he gets a little better throwing the ball, which he will.

Just_Wynn_Baby
    Just_Wynn_Baby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Thanks Shari..the article about "real quarterback rating" that you provided was definitely worth reading and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Tebow quarterback debate.

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is just like the tony romo has turned it around debate which ignores the quality of teams the two QBs are facing right now

k13

The reason Tebow has such lowest interception per pass attempt in the NFL is because he throws the ball 10-15 times a game and runs 15+ times. Rodgers throw the ball 30+ times a game and only has 4 picks. Rodgers and Tebow shouldnt be in the same sentence together.
    So it means Rodgers would only have 2 picks, still one more than Tebow...

Give Tebow 5-7 years of Starts and if he sucks by then, then he sucks.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Would you be all about Tebow if he was Muslim and doing the same thing?

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    So it means Rodgers would only have 2 picks, still one more than Tebow...

Give Tebow 5-7 years of Starts and if he sucks by then, then he sucks.
    That really can't be the way you think?

Give him 5-7 years? That's how much time he really needs, wow.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

The Broncos lost time of Possession in most of Ortons starts, and won time of Possession in all of Tebows starts besides the Jets game .... These are facts .... that makes life easier for the defense.

You keep downplaying Cam Newtons offense. He has good RB's (Better then any Brady has) He has Steve smith at WR (Better then Bradys WR's) and he has good TE's. Shockey is declining, but Olsen was great in Chicago.

Cam Newton is def not "All the panthers have". that is just a stupid thing to say and I like Cam Newton.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Would you be all about Tebow if he was Muslim and doing the same thing?
    Muslims would.. whats your point ?

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Tebow is exactly like Vince was his first years w/ Tenn. Getting a lot of credit despite the fact he had a great defense/running game/coaching.

Same type of QB albeit prbly a slightly better thrower. VY was on the cover of Madden w/ all the hype. Dude is a real winner record wise ... difference is Tebow isn't a fucktard so this kind of shit isn't going to drag him down

Whole lotta sausage in that club

First 12