brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

How Many Wins Would Colts Have This Year...

If peyton played the whole season??

I've been wondering this for some time now. 10 wins?? 11 wins?? I think Peyton would put up plenty of points but the colts defense looks to be the worst I've seen on that team in at least 5-6 years

Colts opposing quarterbacks have averaged a 108 QB rating this year... They're literally making everybody in the league look like Tom Brady

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

8 by the end of the year.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

What about if Tebow was there QB?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

So hard to tell, but I would guess around 10....Whole team has seemingly given up since week 1.....It's not like they've had a hard schedule, really, either

Gotta figure they'd get around their average win total with Peyton usually there, maybe a little on the lower side, so 10 is my final answer

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    So hard to tell, but I would guess around 10....Whole team has seemingly given up since week 1.....It's not like they've had a hard schedule, really, either Gotta figure they'd get around their average win total with Peyton usually there, maybe a little on the lower side, so 10 is my final answer
    I wanna say 10 too but man has their secondary been just atrocious

a 108 average opponents QB rating is insane. That number was a lot higher too until they played Blaine Gabbert (it was around 112)

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

when manning is there the D won't be on the field the whole game. That defense has to play 80 percent of the game because the offense can't pick up a first down.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

8-10

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    when manning is there the D won't be on the field the whole game. That defense has to play 80 percent of the game because the offense can't pick up a first down.
    This.

It's a losers mentality now. They now they aren't winning crap. I think it woulda been a 10 win season.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree 10 wins this year.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

9 or 10

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Anywhere from 8-10

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

the defense wouldn't look or be as bad if he was playing. end of story. D wouldn't be on the field as much... D wouldn't be always being playing from behind as much especially to start the season and most recently. hell...maybe the D would have less injuries to deal with also if they wouldn't have to be on the field so often.

its just too bad tho that if Dan can't lead them to a late season victory... that he will be associated with both 0-16 NFL teams poor fella

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post

n I think they'd get at least 9 wins.

Trampas
    Trampas's Avatar Become A Pro!

what area will there #1 pick be?

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahma, I think a better question is how many lock threads on Indy would you have made/lost if Peyton played the whole season.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I would say they would be a .500 team maybe.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

3 wins maybe 4. I dont know if you remember but the Colts sucked last year with Manning. I think its time for Peyton to retire not worth hurting his neck more and this year he made 36 million to stand on the sideline.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

6 or 7. Peyton wasn't very good last year, and while he could have turned it around, I just don't think it would happen

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

this team is worse than last year at every other position also. Last year they were lucky to make it to 10 wins (their pythag record was 9-7), in addition they play the AFC north this year instead of the west and the NFC south instead of the east, so they have a harder schedule.

They would wind up worse this year so probably 7 wins.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    6 or 7. Peyton wasn't very good last year, and while he could have turned it around, I just don't think it would happen
    He wasn't really good last yr?? He threw for a career high in yards & tied his 2nd best season for TD passes. The rest of his #'s were right in order w/ his career.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    He wasn't really good last yr?? He threw for a career high in yards & tied his 2nd best season for TD passes. The rest of his #'s were right in order w/ his career.
    He had LOTS of bad throws last year, way more than usual. He led receivers into dangerous situations quite a few times, something he and Brady are notorious for not doing (moreso than other QBs). They're usually very very good about protecting their receivers. The last time he threw 17+ picks was 2002, and very easily could have had a lot more.

I'm not saying Peyton was terrible, I'm saying that for his standards, it was a bad year. Something seemed off about him, which I don't guarantee would have been fixed in the offseason.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

I don't think 1 good QB is enough to turn this team from 0 wins to 9 or 10.

6 or 7 sounds about right.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

He had LOTS of bad throws last year, way more than usual. He led receivers into dangerous situations quite a few times, something he and Brady are notorious for not doing (moreso than other QBs). They're usually very very good about protecting their receivers. The last time he threw 17+ picks was 2002, and very easily could have had a lot more.

I'm not saying Peyton was terrible, I'm saying that for his standards, it was a bad year. Something seemed off about him, which I don't guarantee would have been fixed in the offseason.
    C'mon dude, every QB had LOTS of bad throws. He led the league in passing attempts of course he's gonna have a few bad throws. You're splitting hairs over 17 picks?? That's one more than he had the yr before yet he had over 100 more passing attempts

He averages 16 picks a season throughout his career & had 17 last yr eventhough he set a career high in passing attempts (by over 100). For his career he's thrown an int every 36.1 attempts. Last year he threw an int every 39.9 attempts.......Don't see exactly what you're trying to say

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

6-8

The Colts have drafted poorly for a number of years now. Even with Manning their overall talent would be poor. Their secondary is the worst in the NFL.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    C'mon dude, every QB had LOTS of bad throws. He led the league in passing attempts of course he's gonna have a few bad throws. You're splitting hairs over 17 picks?? That's one more than he had the yr before yet he had over 100 more passing attempts

He averages 16 picks a season throughout his career & had 17 last yr eventhough he set a career high in passing attempts (by over 100). For his career he's thrown an int every 36.1 attempts. Last year he threw an int every 39.9 attempts.......Don't see exactly what you're trying to say
    Did you watch him last year? He clearly wasn't his usual self. Ignore the stats, he just didn't pass the eye test of people who watched him. I am far from the only person to say he wasn't himself last year, and many Colts fans would agree. He nearly got Collie killed twice. Again, not saying he was awful by QB standards, but by his own, he was. He certainly wasn't good enough to take this years team from 0 wins to 10 like some are saying.

It was the first year in how many that he wasn't a consensus top 3 QB, or even top 5 QB? Its been a decade. That's not being a hater, that's being honest about one of the greatest ever losing a step. He could've been amazing this year, who knows, but from what I saw last year, he's not a 10 win difference maker

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

5. this was a digression year for them anyhow. not enough talent on defense. peyton and painter know this and the fumbles are absurd.

brahmabull117

he put up very good numbers while missing collie and clark for a big part of the season!!

at one point he was throwing to blaire white for god's sake!!!

a full season with collie, wayne, clark, etc... = his usual passing numbers