PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

<<<<<<<<6 reasons for Lions backers to drop the 6 and take the ML>>>>>>>>>

1.Rodgers has not lost a game since the lions beat them last season 7 -3, while in the process knocking Rodgers out early with a concussion........

2.The last time the Lions was on national TV back in week 5 hosting Chicago, the fans were so loud that they caused the Bears to induce 8 false starts with the Lions winning the game 24 -13..........

Detroit now has the advantage in the ground game over G-Bay with the very humble Kevin Smith straight from his couch to put in a 16 carries for140yds performance while Green Bay's Stark is questionable to even play this Thursday.

4.G-Bays defense is just 8-10 yds per game in danger of recording their worst defensive ypg record in franchise history...

5.The 12th man advantage= the fans along with a national TV audience large as a playoff game will motivate the Lions to play beyond their expectations or TEBOWEN it..........

6.The Lions have the most explosive offense in the NFL this year when playing the come from behind game which is the perfect answer for the G-bay dominating offense....

Some more reasons>

Rodgers is admitting he is not to pleased with the recent production of Packers offense and is concerned.

2.Although Greg Jennings is probable for Thursday he definitely will not be 100% dealing with a knee bruise..

3.The Lions simply want this game more than G-Bay for the fact G-Bay is used to winning week in and week out with not much to strive for.

4.Finally,history repeats itself even if it has been 49 years for the awaited Lions franchise history opportunity....

Flashback to 1962
    One of the more famous, or for Packers' fans infamous, Thanksgiving Day games was the 1962 game. The Packers were the defending NFL champs and came into the game undefeated with a 10-0 record. In a dominating performance on defense, the Lions sacked Packers quarterback Bart Starr 11 times, including once in the end zone for a safety. Detroit won 26-14. The loss was the only one for the Packers all season. They finished the regular season with a record of 13-1, and won their second consecutive NFL Championship. The Lions had a good year too, finishing 11-3.
    After the 1962 game, Vince Lombardi had had enough of the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. He insisted that the NFL have other teams play the Lions that day as well. The Packers and Lions played to a 13-13 tie in 1963, and the NFL began scheduling other opponents for the Lions on Thanksgiving starting in 1964. The series with the Packers had worked out well for the Lions, who compiled a 9-3-1 record for the 13 games. The Packers and Lions would not meet again on Thanksgiving Day for 21 years.
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-23-11 at 08:58 AM.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

The come from behind game? Detroit will get down 14 and have the Packers right where they want them.

GB doesn't want this, they win every week so why would they want to win here? The hell with making history and getting home field advantage.

PAULYPOKER

If I'm not mistaken you yourself said the stars were aligned for this one..

PAULYPOKER

I capped this game on paper solely on numbers and came up with G-Bay -7.1 -3 for Det. @ home field advantage, adjusting ATS to G-Bay -4..

Now when capping this game by the last 2 match ups on numbers only it would be Det -2 -3 for home field advantage,adjusting ATS to
    Det-5

Det-5 - G -Bay -4 = Detroit-1
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 11-23-11 at 06:50 AM.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Pauly, is this a "lock"?

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

1- the packers lost the week after to the patriots so that's wrong
    2- the bears were a mess that game and still haven't figured out their offense
    3- one game- and he did it vs the panthers. RUFKM?
    4- they also have the most interceptions, and a 51% red zone d
    5- You already used that for 2
    6- they still have o-line issues

I agree the lions could win this game, but your capping is flawed...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

detroit wins or loses by 7 or more, that is fact. which side you pick is always up in the air. spreads don't matter (almost never is this range). good luck!

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

great post Pauly, no clue where you stole it from

would throw you some points but hate you

Detroit Stadium will rock the whole state Thursday!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    1- the packers lost the week after to the patriots so that's wrong 2- the bears were a mess that game and still haven't figured out their offense 3- one game- and he did it vs the panthers. RUFKM? 4- they also have the most interceptions, and a 51% red zone d 5- You already used that for 2 6- they still have o-line issues I agree the lions could win this game, but your capping is flawed...
    My bad, Rodgers has not lost since then.2 thru 6, you are a homer so bias info will not be considered

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    detroit wins or loses by 7 or more, that is fact. which side you pick is always up in the air. spreads don't matter (almost never is this range). good luck!
    exactly, for this game anyhow, they will either win or get blown out.

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a believer that this is the play on this game. Many factors have been given, and i also believe tons of $$ will come in this turkey day(lots of it on the -6 GB packers) This forum or other forms of handicapping expression is not used by the "general betting" public which tells me GB will be POUNDED. The sharp bettors id assume will take the 6 pt homedogs in the spot, well at least i will. -6 seems like BAIT and i won't take it. Good chance for a straight up win in DET here. BOL to all

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I like Detroit tomorrow. They are perfect storm for GB. A team capable of putting up lots of points and a team that has a D-line that can get to Rodgers and expose the GB O-line. A loud Turkeyday crowd....etc.

However, I do think the game will be close, I'm going with Detroit 24-20.

However at the moment Bodog does not have the ML out for this game. Starting to really dislike Bodog....I miss VIP. But 7 is a gift, IMO and I jumped on it.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

1 reason to not bet the lions: the packers will win

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Detroit D-line can knock Rodgers out of the game before half time with injury ??? on coming back second half. I think this game would end in 20 - 27 Green Bay.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    If I'm not mistaken you yourself said the stars were aligned for this one..
    I did..starting to waver a tad after hearing McCarthy say he knew the Tampa game was a "Hump" game (Look Ahead), they sure played like they were looking ahead to this one.

I just thought you'd come up with some better reasons why Detroit will win that's all.

PAULYPOKER

^^I can lead a horse to water but I can't make him drink it...........

blanda
    blanda's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

The crowd will be rocking...

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

The Packers won't be as rattled as the Bears were with the noise.

boosted1205
    boosted1205's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9690

classic