wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

I'm a Pats fan, so I'd rather have Brady, but I have to give credit where its due. Rodgers is on fire. Brady has made more bad decisions so far this year than Rodgers, but I also think his best performances are better than Rodgers best.

Certainly can't go wrong with either, and I hope we get to see them match up in the Super Bowl
    My friends and I were talking about that. It would break some rating records that's for sure and who knows what other records those two Hall of Famer QB's will be breaking next

jarquie27
    jarquie27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stats wise, yes. But silly rookie mistakes place him as mediocre.

jarquie27
    jarquie27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stats wise, yes. But silly rookie mistakes place him as mediocre. And I'm a diehard cowboy fan.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

You guys keep talking about these mistakes.... He has way more many comeback win then "mistakes". The fumbled snap vs seatle (as a holder) ... I'll add the INT in the endzone vs the Giants In the playoffs, which he had to force cause it was the end of game and Crayton dropped a TD earlier. Romo always has Dallas in position to win the game. Winning a superbowl is a team effort. Eli needed a dropped INT and an amazing catch to win one, Brees needed a INT return for a touchdown to win one... Romo has great numbers ... He carried Dallas on Sunday .. .. He carried Dallas vs San Fran and everybody said "oh, it's just San Fran !" ... Looks like that win might have been a little bit bigger then most people thought since It hasn't been duplicated and Romo did it with a punctured lung

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    If You Think Tony Romo is a Top 3 NFL QB.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....then you simply don't know much about football.

There, I fixed it for you...

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Should be good bump material come playoff time....................no matter what happens.

Right now, he not close to being top three.

Still considered a bonehead more so than a guy that makes plays.

SportsPedagogy

Tom Brady wouldn't survive behind Romo or Cutlers O-Line ... Plain an simple. Funny how everybody attributes Emmitt Smiths success to his O Line, yet Bradys gets no mention. Alot of people have a bias against Romo because he plays for the Cowboys and dated a bimbo for awhile

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Tom Brady wouldn't survive behind Romo or Cutlers O-Line ... Plain an simple. Funny how everybody attributes Emmitt Smiths success to his O Line, yet Bradys gets no mention. Alot of people have a bias against Romo because he plays for the Cowboys and dated a bimbo for awhile
    SportsPedagogy is a top notch poster.

Guy's a sharp.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I'm sick of the "Brady is saved by his line" crap. He makes that line. Sebastian Vollmer is the only elite lineman, the rest are either past their prime or overrated. Its certainly not a bad line, but its not the best either.

Want proof? Brady was sacked something like 45 times in the 07 and 09 seasons combined. How many times was Cassel sacked in 08, with fewer pass attempts? Over 50. Something like 5th most in the NFL, about 5 off the most in the league. That's with a mobile quarterback, unlike Brady. Brady helps make the line good with his pre-snap reads and understanding of defenses.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I'm sick of the "Brady is saved by his line" crap. He makes that line. Sebastian Vollmer is the only elite lineman, the rest are either past their prime or overrated. Its certainly not a bad line, but its not the best either.

Want proof? Brady was sacked something like 45 times in the 07 and 09 seasons combined. How many times was Cassel sacked in 08, with fewer pass attempts? Over 50. Something like 5th most in the NFL, about 5 off the most in the league. That's with a mobile quarterback, unlike Brady. Brady helps make the line good with his pre-snap reads and understanding of defenses.

I'm a Colts fan but I give Brady his due as a HOFer. Like Peyton he makes his O-line much better with a quick release and reading the blitzes. The thing is nobody talks about Rodgers and how shaky their line is with injuries, etc. (Clifton for one). GB doesn't run the ball for $hit either so Rodgers does it all. The best in the game right now and Brady is a distant 2nd. Tampa has no pash rush and they were all over Rodgers on Sunday. As for Romo....he's great against scrubs but you can never be a top 5 QB and singlehandedly give away 2-3-4 games a year like the Cowboys/Jets game or Detroit game. If he just hands off or doesn't fumble or throw pick6s they win both. Not to mention Romo is 31 years old so old dog/new tricks applies imo. I wouldn't hesitate to bet him to light up the scrubs of the league though!
    Points Awarded:

freakydave gave Mr Handicapable 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SportsPedagogy

I don't think he is saved by his line, he is a very good QB. Say what you will about his O Line, it is alot better then Romos and Rodgers has an even better line then that. I feel both those QBs are better then Romo. The plays Romo has to pull off to be successful are crazy, look at the 3rd and 21 ? Vs the redskins, Romo has to run bak 10 yards just to give Dez Bryant time to cross the first down marker. He does have 2 rookies starting

SportsPedagogy

I would say the Romos position is somewhere between 3rd and 5th. Let's not act like Brees hasn't thrown game losin picks this year ... That Tom Brady didn't throw a bunch of picks vs the Bills ... Or that Phillip Rivers has not blown several games this year with fumbles and Picks. Also, for has great as he is Peyton Mannig has blown alot of games in the 4th ... On the biggest stage as well. There was a time where everybody labeled him as a choker. TE only thing I can say for certain is that Aaron Rodgers is playing out of his mind and is hands down the best QB inthe league Right Now!

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

havent read the thread, but if i had any respect for opie, its now gone with this 1st post.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Tony Romo might have played with an injured lung but what does Brady have over him? Consistency. Romo might look good this week and then the next week and in the playoffs when it counts he throw stupid ass picks. He will never win a ring .

Mr Handicapable

I don't think he is saved by his line, he is a very good QB. Say what you will about his O Line, it is alot better then Romos and Rodgers has an even better line then that. I feel both those QBs are better then Romo. The plays Romo has to pull off to be successful are crazy, look at the 3rd and 21 ? Vs the redskins, Romo has to run bak 10 yards just to give Dez Bryant time to cross the first down marker. He does have 2 rookies starting

You're way off on this one? If GB has a better O-line than Dallas then how come their RBs don't run for 150-200 yards like DeMarco Murray? GBs opponents can NEVER put 8 in the box with Rodgers and all those receivers. Rodgers had to run for his life against Tampa. He might get knocked out by Detroit....they put him out for a game last year. Romo did a great job in beating SF earlier and he's good but lets see him win in the playoffs. I think they had a better overall team a few years back when Favre/Vikings hammered them.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    havent read the thread, but if i had any respect for opie, its now gone with this 1st post.
    This seems a little harsh, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mr Handicapable

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Rapeloethsberger
    5. Eli
    6. Romo/Ryan/Stafford

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Get your head out of the glue bag.GB's O-line is not better than Dallas's.

troynewell47
    troynewell47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

the day romo wins a super bowl is the day pigs fly plain and simple, you could replace tom brady with tony romo or aaron rodgers with tony romo and he would not win a super bowl. plain and simple. guaranteed

ShowMeZach
    ShowMeZach's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Dice
    Last edited by ShowMeZach; 11-22-11 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Posted Twice

ShowMeZach

Jets game earlier this year?

Blowing Games=Romo

Almost blew that game against the skins. Romo is top 5 when Vick and Rivers and manning are either not playing or out.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-18-15 at 04:01 PM. Reason: image does not exist

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeZach View Post
    Jets game earlier this year?

Blowing Games=Romo

Almost blew that game against the skins. Romo is top 5 when Vick and Rivers and manning are either not playing or out.
    How did Romo almost blow the Redskins game ? He won them that game vs the skins, single handily by keeping the plays alive.

You guys are WAY overeating Dallas offensive line. They have 2 returning starters from last year.

People hold Romo to a different standard for some reason. Name me one QB besides Rodgers this year who hasnt cost his team a a game....

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Rapeloethsberger
    5. Eli
    6. Romo/Ryan/Stafford
    A couple of good QB's sidelined with ijuries would be on that list. Of course Payton but also balt's QB, Cutler, Houston's QB would all be above Romo. If you had a QB draft I would guess Romo would be taken around 15th or 16th? He's kind of in that Rivers, Palmer, Vick group.

ShowMeZach

I meant the First matchup between the Skins.

Tebow has a better 4th quarter QBR than Romo so maybe Romo is worse than I thought... Jason Campbell, Matt Stafford and Alex Smith are better.

Opie was talking about this year. As far as what I have seen... Stafford brough his team back big against 3 teams one of which was the Cowboys where Romo threw a couple pick 6's cowboys lose...

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Eli
    Cutler
    RoethlisbetterthanRomo
    Stafford
    Alex Smith
    Jessica Simpson then
    Romo?
    Last edited by ShowMeZach; 11-22-11 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Forgot big ben

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

he is around 6 or 7.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Tebow has a better 4th quarter QBR than Romo so maybe Romo is worse than I thought... Jason Campbell, Matt Stafford and Alex Smith are better.

Opie was talking about this year. As far as what I have seen... Stafford brough his team back big against 3 teams one of which was the Cowboys where Romo threw a couple pick 6's cowboys lose...

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Eli
    Cutler
    RoethlisbetterthanRomo
    Stafford
    Alex Smith
    Jessica Simpson then
    Romo?

alex smith

SportsPedagogy

Tebow has a better 4th quarter QBR than Romo so maybe Romo is worse than I thought... Jason Campbell, Matt Stafford and Alex Smith are better. Romo has the highest 4th Quarter QB rating of all time ...

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Eli
    Cutler
    RoethlisbetterthanRomo
    Stafford
    Alex Smith
    Romo?
    Alex smith is not winning games for his team, thats a team effort. Cutler and Big Ben are good, but they have over powering defenses. Matt Stafford is streaky, but they have a good defense and a very balanced offense. Brees and Eli are good QBs, Brady and Rodgers have horrible defense and still win ... best in the league right now ...

You cant compare QBs to an extent, most are very different in terms of what they can do, some team may value strengths differently. I would say my list would be ....

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Big Ben - Has won big games and made big throws ... great experience, would not have some accomplishments without great defense though.
    4. Drew Brees/Tony Romo/Eli Manning/Jay Cutler/Phillip Rivers/Schuab
    5. Stafford/Ryan/Flacco/Mike Vick/Palmer
    6. Alex Smith/Cam Newton/Sanchez/Dalton/Freeman

Mr Handicapable

I will say I'm not a big believer in rings necessarily make a QB better than another one. Dilfer and Brad Johnson have rings and they were never exactly Marino or Warren Moon. I will agree that Dallas doesn't have the O-line they had when Barber was going Walter Payton on people a few years ago. I think Dallas has probably passed their window of opportunity like San Diego but if Grossman can make a SB then Romo sure as hell can.

SportsPedagogy

Dallas needs a better secondary. They got torched by Grossman, imagine what Rodgers would do in the playoffs...

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    A couple of good QB's sidelined with ijuries would be on that list. Of course Payton but also balt's QB, Cutler, Houston's QB would all be above Romo. If you had a QB draft I would guess Romo would be taken around 15th or 16th? He's kind of in that Rivers, Palmer, Vick group.
    WHO IN THE FUKK IS THIS CLOWN??

Hey Benedict Arnold.....how dare you not back up a fellow Texan. This ain't the San Antonio Gunslingers, pal. This is fukkin' Captain America you're talking about here.

Matt Schaub? That's fukkin' laughable. He's out for the year with an ankle sprain. Meanwhile, Romo played and beat the San Francisco 49ers with 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Don't be bringing this bullsh*t in here, Judas......or you soon might join your pal warriorfan on the banned list.

Savvy?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

not a romo hater, but didn't you guys just barely beat the deadskins?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

as a diehard pats fan/season ticket holder

i agree with the poster that said the patriots offensive line is greatly overrated....it has been for years....too many are looking to take away from bradys greatness by trying to give out credit in other areas....watch the first few series from last night....they were getting worked....just like they did against the giants.....the offensive line has been well coached over the years....and with volmer, mankins, and solder...it probably has as much talent as its ever had.....although id agree with the same poster...volmer is the only one playing at a high level...solder is a rookie....and mankins isnt playing to the expected level.....but most of their offensive lines theyve had over the past 10 years have been overachieving....light was the most talented....and he was a 2nd rounder who was probably a bit overrated in general....

you just hear so much shit about brady...his offensive line...his coach...even heard some losers pointing out the "system" as a reason....what system? lolol...the guy was a game manager early on until he earned the full confidence of his coach and is now a record setting qb

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    not a romo hater, but didn't you guys just barely beat the deadskins?
    The game where Romo threw for 3 TD's ... all after avoiding pressure ... then hit Bryant on a 3rd and 12 to set up the game winning FG .... they would have lost if not for Romo ....

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

\
    Brady is a great QB with a great environmental around him. He does have a great coach and used to have a great defense and great Oline. Thats why Cassell came in and had success ....

That being said, i watched the game last night and Giants game and the Jets game ... it looked like Brady had some time in the pocket.

His defense is below average now, he is forced to score alot to win and he has been doing that. Anybody who thinks Brady is not one of the best QBs of all Time is a hater or unknowledgeable.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i agree with the poster that said the patriots offensive line is greatly overrated....it has been for years....too many are looking to take away from bradys greatness by trying to give out credit in other areas....watch the first few series from last night....they were getting worked....just like they did against the giants.....the offensive line has been well coached over the years....and with volmer, mankins, and solder...it probably has as much talent as its ever had.....although id agree with the same poster...volmer is the only one playing at a high level...solder is a rookie....and mankins isnt playing to the expected level.....but most of their offensive lines theyve had over the past 10 years have been overachieving....light was the most talented....and he was a 2nd rounder who was probably a bit overrated in general....
    you just hear so much shit about brady...his offensive line...his coach...even heard some losers pointing out the "system" as a reason....what system? lolol...the guy was a game manager early on until he earned the full confidence of his coach and is now a record setting qb
    I 100% agree with this, Bobby. Brady is not only one of the all time best......but he is most likely THE all time best QB.

And trust me, I fukkin' hate the Pats, but their coach and QB are as good as there has ever been. I'm sick jealous.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

First 123456 ... Last