SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Three LOCKS for turkey day

Green Bay VS Detroit / OVER

We all know that GB seems like the obvious favorite here, but both teams have outstanding offensive skills and so-so defense. I cant count on GB to cover here or vice so the easy pick is a high scoring game. Seems simple enough.

Miami VS Dallas / OVER

Miami showed some skills on Sunday vs Buffalo. I think they have finally got things jivin, but not enough to beat Dallas. Dallas scores well this season, and I'm not convinced that they will prevent Miami from putting up some good numbers. Sounds like another high scoring game to me.

Baltimore -3.5 / OVER

I'm sold on Baltimore being the real deal this season. They will win in their division over Pittsburgh and be a major contender for the Superbowl. They have the edge on the 49'ers in offense, and are trailing close behind defensively. A win on turkey day will put them in 1st AFC North....they know how important this game is.
    Last edited by SteveRyan; 11-21-11 at 11:06 PM.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the GB OVER. BIG.
    Not sure of the other two.

blaze4g
    blaze4g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

im on this too! was thinknig to put packers -6 over lions though because of late it seems lions mgiht or might not show up, so im expecting either a 35-25 game or 35 - 17 game.

thorskin
    thorskin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last time they played in Detroit score was 7-3 when Lions had a weaker defense.. tough call on that.

blaze4g
    blaze4g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

packers has beaten saints by 8, panthers by 7, bears by 10, broncos by 26, falcons by 11, rams by 21, vikings by 6, chargers by 7, vikings 38, buccs by 9. So i feel pretty confortable laying -6.5 points against lions.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by blaze4g View Post
    packers has beaten saints by 8, panthers by 7, bears by 10, broncos by 26, falcons by 11, rams by 21, vikings by 6, chargers by 7, vikings 38, buccs by 9. So i feel pretty confortable laying -6.5 points against lions.
    That's definitely a comfortable bet. Detroit could pull it off, but if they don't the packers could easily cover by 7...no prob.

I think the Packers are good for at least 34 points. Detroit will take care of the rest to hit my over.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

Yea, I think the overs on all of the games are solid picks. I went big with packers covering -6, with the logic that cassel might not show up late but packers will still put points on the board. Hopefully it works out. On another note, pats pats past pats lol

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    Yea, I think the overs on all of the games are solid picks. I went big with packers covering -6, with the logic that cassel might not show up late but packers will still put points on the board. Hopefully it works out. On another note, pats pats past pats lol
    I hope your right man. Nice show by the Pats today yes. The Chiefs barely rolled outta bed. My buddy too the Pats -17 and the over at 47.5. He was driving into town and called me to place the bet for him. I was on the under, but placed the bet for him the way he wanted it.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

I hear ya. Yea man, can't get involved with the influences of friends bets unless on the same page. Had too many instances where friends had insider and I didn't really ask what they thought about the picks, and picks which were influenced the other direction by friends to lose. Haha. Just how it is I guess.

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers roll here! If 49ers and Falcons can come in to Ford Field and cover their spreads, no reason not to take Packers by atleast a TD.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Quote Originally Posted by thorskin View Post
    Last time they played in Detroit score was 7-3 when Lions had a weaker defense.. tough call on that.
    That's why you stay away from the total this year.

TheFakeG
    TheFakeG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 832

Last year's 7-3 game also saw the Lions knock Aaron Rodgers out of the game with a concussion...just sayin'