d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    People were mad at him for sitting out in the NFC Championship game. Drunk fans expect NFL players to be Gladtiors and risk their health for the team. And they are like ZOMG what a baby, why can't he play! Look at him hes standing on the side line booooooo.

While the average drunk fan stays home from work on a ******* sniffle.

It is also the way he is on the side-line when he folds his hand, and looks pissed or something. Its just his mannerisms, but people get all pissy over that, and fans will use anything to hate on anther team.
    So many meathead NFL fans who don't know the first thing about jack. Most QB's try to cater to them and to the media. Cutler just says **** 'em, all I wanna do is win. I kinda like him more for that attitude.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So many meathead NFL fans who don't know the first thing about jack. Most QB's try to cater to them and to the media. Cutler just says **** 'em, all I wanna do is win. I kinda like him more for that attitude.
    same here

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    People were mad at him for sitting out in the NFC Championship game. Drunk fans expect NFL players to be Gladtiors and risk their health for the team. And they are like ZOMG what a baby, why can't he play! Look at him hes standing on the side line booooooo.

While the average drunk fan stays home from work on a ******* sniffle.

It is also the way he is on the side-line when he folds his hand, and looks pissed or something. Its just his mannerisms, but people get all pissy over that, and fans will use anything to hate on anther team.

Yeah, except the fact that he didn't sit out of that game of his own choice. He came back out after halftime and tried to play on his bad knee, but he struggled and the coach made the decision to pull him.

The kind of person who hates Jay for that doesn't care about the facts though.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I look at Jay Cutler's face and it makes me feel ill. He comes across as a permanently upset, cry baby.

As I player I think he is terribly overrated, he is the exact opposite of a "winner". How many playoff games has he won in his career? Rex Grossman took a very similar, debatably worse, Bears team to the Super Bowl. Cutler turns the ball over WAY to much.

I honestly believe he developed this amazing reputation among the casual fan because he has a great fantasy season his final season with the Broncos, before sucking the entire 2nd half of the year. Casual fans who do not understand the game put wayyyyy too much emphasis on fantasy football numbers, and they expected him to be some kind of super star in Chicago. Instead he showed his true colors.

I dislike him because he is overrated, and because of his face. I can't stress enough how sick I get just looking at his face.

hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sure, he comes across as a bit of an azz, but he has one of the strongest arms in the league, and his precision passing is incredible.

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jay's a tough mofo! End of story!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

my girlfriend watches football with me and she is always talking trash about Jay Cutler. She says he looks like a little bitch frat boy and she doesn't like his body language the way he rest his helmet on top of his head and seems to be wining and moaning.

It kind of annoys me too, when people talk bad about Cutler, I guess I just feel sorry for him b/c everyone calls him a pussy for not maning up in the NFC championship game. But I have to admit he does look like a dumbass on a lot of plays. One thing I do admire about Cutler is his arm strength. Also he has good taste in women his ex gf kristen cavalari is bangin

chantrain

Did you just say Jay Cutler is over rated?

Phillip Rivers is over rated. Honestly Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers are the same exact guy, the only difference is the weapons they've had around them.

Phillip Rivers has HOW MANY INTERCEPTIONS THIS YEAR? And yet people still think he's an elite QB. If Jay Cutler had that many interceptions through 10 games, people would say he's a joke. He'd be rated dead last amongst NFL quarterbacks.

Give Jay Cutler a receiver like Vincent Jackson. Give Jay Cutler that Oline, He'll be a top 10 QB.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Yeah, except the fact that he didn't sit out of that game of his own choice. He came back out after halftime and tried to play on his bad knee, but he struggled and the coach made the decision to pull him.

The kind of person who hates Jay for that doesn't care about the facts though.

I'm sorry but that is bullshit. If Cutler wanted to play in the second half he would have played. Hell, there isn't a bigger choke artist in the NFL than Tony Romo but atleast he played with broken ribs vs the 49ers this year. That same injury that Cutler had would not have stopped Tom Brady from getting out there. You want to win a super bowl you gotta be fukkin warrior, When it's the playoffs, you play through pain , you go out there and leave it all on the field for your teammates.

and what is this that Cutler can't play with a broken thumb? how can anyone say he is tough? doesn't Big Ben have a broken thumb too?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I've dogged him in the past and bet against him. But since the Eagle game and really all year he has played great. He's having an All Pro season so good for him. He still has the personality of a guy jabbing himself with a pencil but he's playing great.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I'm sorry but that is bullshit. If Cutler wanted to play in the second half he would have played. Hell, there isn't a bigger choke artist in the NFL than Tony Romo but atleast he played with broken ribs vs the 49ers this year. That same injury that Cutler had would not have stopped Tom Brady from getting out there. You want to win a super bowl you gotta be fukkin warrior, When it's the playoffs, you play through pain , you go out there and leave it all on the field for your teammates.

and what is this that Cutler can't play with a broken thumb? how can anyone say he is tough? doesn't Big Ben have a broken thumb too?

This is such stupid meatball bullshit, you should punch yourself in the face for being such a fuckin moron.

He needs SURGERY you fukin retard, no two injuries are the same.

Cutler did play in the second half, again...he got injured in the 2nd quarter of the NFCC game, came back out in the 3rd quarter, threw a few passes...couldn't plant or throw well so they pulled him.

It's not the pain that prevents him from playing, its that the injury messes with his mechanics. a grade 2 MCL means you cant plant or throw. a thumb injury that requires surgery means he can't grip a football. Do you understand that? Can you get it through your thick fukin head that this isnt a rib injury? That this isnt a thumb injury that is the same as ben roethlisbergers?

Also, do you understand that Jay Cutler is a diabetic and he can't get any injections for the pain at the risk of DYING?
    Last edited by chantrain; 11-21-11 at 01:07 PM.

chantrain

This is the reason people hate Jay Cutler, because of retard meatball fans like Big Bear who say "Aww, I could play with a sprained knee! I could play with a broken thumb! what a pussy!"

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post

I dislike him because he is overrated, and because of his face. I can't stress enough how sick I get just looking at his face.
    This.

The guys just a douchebag. Period.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Yes I did say Jay Cutler is overrated. And Yes Phillip Rivers is also overrated I completely agree. I'm not sure why you are bringing up Phillip Rivers in this thread though? Isn't this about Cutler? Please refrain from entering a thread with 46 posts dedicated to Jay Cutler, then bringing up a completely different player.

Cutler has never finished a season with a rating higher than 90. He has one career playoff victory, and it was at home against the Seahawks, who many experts claimed were the worst team to ever make the playoffs in the history of the NFL.

I have also read that his teammates can't stand him and that he displays no leadership.

Did I mention I can't stand his face?

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You're blinded by hate man, why that is only you know.

SBR_John
    Wisky

He is a top 5 QB now or maybe 6th. Something turned-on with this guy. He used to rattle and throw the ball early even if their wasnt any pressure. He used to have problems with the short pass too. No more. Give him props for making such a remarkable improvement. I'll admit I had written him off.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like Cutler.

He has that swagger too. He's the kind of guy that if you bet against him, you just want to punch him in the face. I took the Chargers yesterday, and some of those throws were simply amazing.

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I like Cutler.

He has that swagger too. He's the kind of guy that if you bet against him, you just want to punch him in the face. I took the Chargers yesterday, and some of those throws were simply amazing.
    like that pass to johnny knox in the back of the endzone

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is probably the most uninformed, ridiculously stupid post I have ever read.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Bears fan here. I always like our QB's, it's just that our O-Line always sucks. Now that we were just starting to turn things around he breaks his thumb

I don't care what anyone say though. Cutler is one tough SOB and has a lot of skill. I'm proud to have him on the Bears and I hope for a speedy recovery

SBR_John
    Wisky

No idea how bad it is but I think there would be a good chance he could be back by playoff time. Of course, without him they may not make the playoffs.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They will make the playoffs, going 3-3 at worst without him.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenSports View Post
    Oh, and the part about him I respect most... “I was in Denver, not a huge market, came to Chicago and haven’t really [sought out] a lot of marketing opportunities because we haven’t accomplished what I want to on the field yet,” Cutler told the magazine. “Until we get to the SuperBowl, win Super Bowls and are successful there, then I don’t think it’s right for me to go out there and venture into those other markets.” Who can't respect that? Some guys get to a new city and will put their face and name anywhere for a buck.
    This...Guy is the peoples champion and fans should be kissing his arse BIGTIME... Majority of ppl are just too dumb to look beyond the outside however.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares about him personally
    It means nothing

This guy is not in your life so why do you care??

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post

You're blinded by hate man, why that is only you know.
    You guys are so emotional. I dont "hate"
    anyone. All i was trying to say is in my opinion he needs to get tougher if he wants to win a super bowl.These guys get paid millions of dollars they are expected to play through injury. The great players dont let anything stop them from being on the field except for ACL tears and stuff like that not a little broken finger or a little pain. I am not even a Bears fan so i dont care if he plays or not.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Good thread, good discussion

Clearly, media hates him more than the non-media.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    I look at Jay Cutler's face and it makes me feel ill. He comes across as a permanently upset, cry baby.

As I player I think he is terribly overrated, he is the exact opposite of a "winner". How many playoff games has he won in his career? Rex Grossman took a very similar, debatably worse, Bears team to the Super Bowl. Cutler turns the ball over WAY to much.

I honestly believe he developed this amazing reputation among the casual fan because he has a great fantasy season his final season with the Broncos, before sucking the entire 2nd half of the year. Casual fans who do not understand the game put wayyyyy too much emphasis on fantasy football numbers, and they expected him to be some kind of super star in Chicago. Instead he showed his true colors.

Okay... this is very misinformed to be honest.

Yes, Cutler has only won 1 playoff game. But he has only been in two.

Cutler never went to the playoffs with the Broncos because their defense was one of the 2-3 worst in the NFL while he was there. Cutler put up 30 points several times with the Broncos and had his defense give up 35 or 40.

I doubt even Tom Brady or Peyton Manning could have taken those Denver teams to the playoffs. You still need a defense to win games.

Cutler's first year in Chicago, he didn't go because the Bears didn't have anyone to catch the ball or block for him.

It was the same thing in 2010, but Cutler adjusted some and the defense helped him out.

Here in 2011, Cutler was really coming into his own, the O-line was doing just enough blocking and Cutler was making great throws and great decisions. The injury will set him back, but if the Bears get ONE playmaking WR for next year, the Bears are a super bowl contender BECAUSE of Cutler.

He is the best QB Chicago has ever had, by a wide margin.

For those who hate him because they don't like his face... maybe you are judging football players on the wrong merit. Do you love Brady then because he has a model's face?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I won't agree Cutler is the best QB the Bears have ever had...statistically maybe...Jim McMahon won a title with the Bears, and until Cutler takes the Bears to the title he's just a guy with pumped up stats

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I won't agree Cutler is the best QB the Bears have ever had...statistically maybe...Jim McMahon won a title with the Bears, and until Cutler takes the Bears to the title he's just a guy with pumped up stats

If Hester had returned another kickoff in that super bowl and the defense had added a pick 6, that would have been that Sexy Rexy had a ring too.... doesn't mean he's good or better than Cutler.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Why does the average fan hate Jay Cutler? I understand full well why the media hates Jay Cutler.

''
    Reporter (after a game): What happened on that first interception, Jay?
    Cutler: I threw the ball.
    Reporter: Right, but what did you see developing there? Take us through it.
    Cutler (archly): It seemed like a good place to throw the ball.
    Then there was this:
    Reporter: When you were a kid, which quarterback did you look up to?
    Cutler: Nobody.
    Reporter: Nobody? You didn't look up to anybody?
    Cutler: No.''

That explains why the media hates him. But why does the average fan hate him? The guy is a winner, far from what I can tell. He makes his football team significantly better. There is no doubt in my mind that Cutler would have top 5 QB numbers in a legit offense with a legit offensive line and legit wide receivers. I appreciate winners.

And I'm not sure how anyone questions his toughness. It looked like it was 1 on 11 on Monday Night against the Lions, and the Bears still had a shot late in that game thanks to how great Cutler played.

But here is the thing that frustrates me the most. People claim to hate him because he is a douche and a loner... Now wait a minute... we hate Favre for being an attention whore, but then we also hate Cutler for wanting no attention?

“He’s a giving person who does things behind the scenes and hates it when he gets found out,” Reilly writes. “A few days before Christmas, he and [girlfriend Kristin] Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.”'

If Favre had done it, he'd call the media himself. Same for most prominent names in the NFL. Lets also not forget that this guy battles a semi-serious illness every day of his life.

As a gambler, he's been very profitable gambling on the last 3 years. I'll tell you that much. But considering most gamblers I know are loners and douches, the gambling world should love this guy.

Just my thoughts on the subject. You may not care, but then again, you shouldn't have opened the thread since it has a clear title.

The guy a Bum. I saw him in the probowl a couple years back and he couldnt hit the side door of a barn. The Bears won't even make the NFC championship this year. May not even make the playoffs.

Dirty Sanchez

If Hester had returned another kickoff in that super bowl and the defense had added a pick 6, that would have been that Sexy Rexy had a ring too.... doesn't mean he's good or better than Cutler.
    It's all about titles these days...Cutler is human Peanut Brittle....if he can't stay on the field he's nothing more than a better then average stats QB...now out 6-8 weeks...which means Caleb Hanie takes the controls, and we all know how that turned out last year....obviously this is very bad news for the Bears season

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys are so emotional. I dont "hate"
    anyone. All i was trying to say is in my opinion he needs to get tougher if he wants to win a super bowl.These guys get paid millions of dollars they are expected to play through injury. The great players dont let anything stop them from being on the field except for ACL tears and stuff like that not a little broken finger or a little pain. I am not even a Bears fan so i dont care if he plays or not.
    Good lord you're so misinformed.

So I guess Peyton Manning's not great. And Aaron Rodgers wasn't great last year when he missed games. And countless other great QB's who apparently aren't great because they got injured. Next will be the 2nd regular season game missed out of 78 due to injury.

Dude needs surgery. Great players can get injured just like anyone else. You are beyond clueless.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    It's all about titles these days...Cutler is human Peanut Brittle....if he can't stay on the field he's nothing more than a better then average stats QB...now out 6-8 weeks...which means Caleb Hanie takes the controls, and we all know how that turned out last year....obviously this is very bad news for the Bears season
    He's missed 1 start in his career vs. 78 starts made and now he's peanut brittle? For all the hits he's taken? WTF are you talking about?

Anyone can get injured at any time. Is Peyton Manning peanut brittle too? Didn't Tom Brady miss a season? Shit happens.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He's missed 1 start in his career vs. 78 starts made and now he's peanut brittle? For all the hits he's taken? WTF are you talking about?

Anyone can get injured at any time. Is Peyton Manning peanut brittle too? Didn't Tom Brady miss a season? Shit happens.
    Difference there is a torn ACL and neck injury with Championship caliber QB's....not a skinned knee in the NFC Championship or now a thumb injury....the guy is a serviceable QB and he needs to prove he can answer the bell...and starting every game doesn't prove anything...because Mark Sanchez among others can say the same thing and they're middle of the road...as is Cutler

First 123 Last