Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    "And attaching W/L records to QB's is completely taken out of context. Its saying one person decides whether a team won or loss a game."

basically yea, one person, the qb, does play a huge factor in winning or losing a game
    Especially when a QB is throwing INT's including pick 6's. Kyle Orton throws a perfect spiral but unfortunately it was going to the opposing team. That killed their defense because they were on the field all the time. Now with ball control and limited turnovers the defense can rest and bring it.

Young is rusty but give him some time and I think he is a better option than Vick. Young is a winner. Vick is a crapshoot.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

DLunc, you and I are arguing in circles. You are saying VY is 30-17, and giving him sole credit for the and W/L.

I am saying that giving QB's W/L records is blown out of proportion, b/c it totally discredits every other player on the field.

Desean Jack, and Eagles defense are the reason that the score is 10-3.

Calling me a clown does not effect me. It an "ad hominem", as you are attacking me rather than arguing the actual topic.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    DLunc, you and I are arguing in circles. You are saying VY is 30-17, and giving him sole credit for the and W/L.

I am saying that giving QB's W/L records is blown out of proportion, b/c it totally discredits every other player on the field.

Calling me a clown does not effect me. It an "ad hominem", as you are attacking me rather than arguing the actual topic.
    Houlihan - while I agree that it's a team game, the QB position is the single most important position on the field. The QB handles the ball on every play on offense and even if all he's doing is handing off to a RB, some loser QBs can't even do that right.

A QB can most certainly lose a game and most certainly be a huge part of a win. Did you miss VY in the Rose Bowl? He singlehandedly was the biggest reason they won that game. Have you been watching the Broncos? Tebow has been winning the game when it counts. How important is the QB? Have you seen Florida with John Brantley at QB. They are pathetic. If Tebow was still in college, UF would be playing in a BCS bowl. Star players are worth a lot more then you want to give credit.

Mac4Lyfe

So what is Eli Manning's excuse for only 3 points? Vince is playing just as well as he is if not better???

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I would never say that a QB does not play a significant part of the game.

But to act as if the QB, blocks/catches/takes handoffs/rushes the opposing QB/tackles/kicks/ and returns kicks is ridiculous.

How do people think the Broncos are winning? Tebow willing them to win? C'mon the Broncos defense has not played this well ever since Steve Atwater played saftey for them

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So what is Eli Manning's excuse for only 3 points? Vince is playing just as well as he is if not better???
    Eli???, well what can you say. He has no intermediate game. Either horrendous, or driving down the field to beat the Pats.

Mac4Lyfe

I would never say that a QB does not play a significant part of the game.

But to act as if the QB, blocks/catches/takes handoffs/rushes the opposing QB/tackles/kicks/ and returns kicks is ridiculous.

How do people think the Broncos are winning? Tebow willing them to win? C'mon the Broncos defense has not played this well ever since Steve Atwater played saftey for them
    The team plays better when they believe they have a chance to win. I know, I played football and if your playing with a guy that coughs up the ball and can't win games, it's depressing. Same goes for a coach who you don't respect. Why is SF all of a sudden playing better??? Coaching. Why is Denver suddenly playing better as a team? Belief, attitude, motivation. Champ Bailey looks 10 years younger the past few weeks. Doom and Von are playing possessed. Granted the team has gotten healthy but those guys believe in Tebow and it's them against the world as the media trashes him.

One guy makes a huge difference in any sport, football included.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

The team plays better when they believe they have a chance to win.
    True. You play confident behind a confident leader. Same in all sports. Simple concept but all facts.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Eagles win tonight they should keep playing Vince. The team is responding to his presence, and it's obvious.

Of course he throws a pick after I post this

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mac4Lyfe

Houlihan - you live in Houston. Did you watch VY in HS? I've known him since grade school. The guy is a winner. He's made mistakes but Fisher really had it in for him in Nashville. He didn't like him from the beginning. It's hard to do well when your head coach doesn't believe in you. You just mentioned confidence. VY lost a lot of confidence behind Fisher because he kept trying to force a square peg. I think Fisher was sabotaging him on purpose.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    If the Eagles win tonight they should keep playing Vince. The team is responding to his presence, and it's obvious.

Of course he throws a pick after I post this
    VY use to take care of the ball but seems to throw it up for grabs lately. Coop should have gone up and made a play though. It looked like he got tripped up as he was about to go up and get it.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I'm from Dallas, but am we'll aware of how dominant VY was in high school. VY had about an six year stretch, including high school and college, of being the most talented football player in the state of TX.

zsr

Well for all you vy fans here's his chance. Lol I'll be surprised if he gets another first down.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli waits for the 4th quarter to start playing good... he wants to be known as the come-back kid

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Giants fans love VY

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

win or lose, very impressive drive for a guy that "shouldnt be in the league"

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Well for all you vy fans here's his chance. Lol I'll be surprised if he gets another first down.
    5 for 5 on 3rd down conversions on this drive. The dude has the clutch gene.

robinhood

VY till I die

zsr

5 for 5 on 3rd down conversions on this drive. The dude has the clutch gene.
    Yea great drive there. Have to give him his props

Mac4Lyfe

VY burning the squares yet again...

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Giants fans love VY
    really?

zsr

Speaking of clutch i still remember that USC game, best college game I think I've ever seen. He was unreal.

dlunc3

yea, this should be this bums last yr

broadway6
    on to the next one

Giants fans love VY

i love VY b/c i have Eagles +6

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

All I can do

broadway6
    on to the next one

DL u ready to get rid of Vick and his 100 million dollar contract and hand the reins over to VY?? Sounds like you are cool with that.

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, 40% if VY's wins have come from behind in the 4th quarter or OT. That's incredible but points to coaching. Put him in the right program (which I think Philly is) and he will produce.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Wow, 40% if VY's wins have come from behind in the 4th quarter or OT. That's incredible but points to coaching. Put him in the right program (which I think Philly is) and he will produce.
    he will have to go to another team... you don't give a qb 100 million to sit the bench when healthy.

dlunc3

DL u ready to get rid of Vick and his 100 million dollar contract and hand the reins over to VY?? Sounds like you are cool with that.
    im not happy with vicks contract... but he is still the better player and has done enough this yr for this team to be at least 6-4.... vince definately deserves to play somewhere, even if it isnt here.. id love to have him as a backup behind fragile vick all day though

robinhood

Speaking of clutch i still remember that USC game, best college game I think I've ever seen. He was unreal.

The greatest sports moment of my life. I was at the perfect sports bar, with the right crowd, watching that game on a big screen outdoors with endless pitchers of beer.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    The greatest sports moment of my life. I was at the perfect sports bar, with the right crowd, watching that game on a big screen outdoors with endless pitchers of beer.
    good times

you will never forget that night

Mac4Lyfe

Definitely the best college game I've ever seen.

I saw him beat Northshore in a HS playoff game in the Astrodome with 50,000 people. Both teams were high powered that year averaging 50 points a game. They won the game 61-58 in a shootout that rivaled the Rose Bowl. I don't think I can remember people leaving a stadium so pumped up from fans of both teams. It was incredible.

I learned very early to never bet against VY.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

im not happy with vicks contract... but he is still the better player and has done enough this yr for this team to be at least 6-4.... vince definately deserves to play somewhere, even if it isnt here.. id love to have him as a backup behind fragile vick all day though
    no way they are 6-4 with VY. The defense has been horrible this year. Why hasn't the D been playing like tonight all year?

Mac4Lyfe

he will have to go to another team... you don't give a qb 100 million to sit the bench when healthy.
    Very true. I think he would fit in well in Miami. There defense is still pretty good and play smash mouth. They could run a wildcat variation of sorts.

Philly should have never spent that much money on Vick. Horrible move IMO.

First 123 Last