jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Denver D is playing well
    The 95 Yard drive though was amazing

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Vince Young was running similar offense too for a while and winning.

Just like Tebow, vince was also winning against poor competition. VY didn't get that record playing teams over .500. He had a losing record against above .500 teams.

I wouldn't want either one to be my team's starting qb. I am not "hating." I just want my teams qb to be a good passer. If my team's qb is a good runner then that is a great added bonus.

If Tebow can keep winning games like this against good teams then I will give him credit.

I will give him credit now as well. He has done what it took to win games to this point. I just don't think he can keep doing that forever, or at all vs good teams.

If he can make MAJOR strides in his passing game he could be a very good NFL qb.
    Last edited by balls2wall; 11-18-11 at 09:33 AM.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

...and I lost my biggest bet of the day yesterday betting against Tebow!!!

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Payton Manning...???

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

To be honest, this guy is probably the most humble guy in the league right now.

He doesn't care to be "the best" all he wants to do is win for his team.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Mechanically Tebow is a TERRIBLE qb. However, so was Jeff Garcia and he did fine. Granted Garcia was more accurate.

As many times last night as you could have said about Tebow, "You GOTTA make that throw." You could have said, "You GOTTA make that catch." He is an inaccurate qb for sure but there was more than a few drops of VERY catchable balls.

Hey, I'm no Tebow rabid fan maniac but the guy has the right attitude and toughness. Put some stick'em on the WR's hands and run the same offense he ran in Florida and this guy can be successful but only for a limited time before he breaks down.

The Bronco's are doing the right thing with him with the option however, they aren't using the SPREAD option. Tebow will look better when they do. Shallow middle will be open consistently when they do that.

The defense is definitely giving Tebow the opportunities to do what he does. They are keeping the games close allowing him to find a way to win. They know that Tebow isn't going to sabotage them. What is Tebow's turnover ratio? As inaccurate as he is, he doesn't throw many picks which is probably why he isn't accurate. He' rather an inc than an int.

If I'm Denver, I run more spread plays. I mean look at the Patriots they are pretty much a shotgun spread offense, so don't tell me it doesn't work. Granted Tebow is not Brady, he's not going to pick you apart with his arm, but then it's safe to say Brady is no Tebow. Brady won't plow into a linebacker and get another three yards before going down, whereas Tebow, that is exactly what he does. Both methods move the ball, one just provides longevity.

Look, Tebow is not your 10 year QB. He is your short term stud who is MORE than willing to give his body to football. Can Tebow win a Superbowl? With a stout defense and WRs who are "if I can touch it I can catch it" kind of guys, absolutely he could. Spread it out and he can move the ball. But his style of play REALLY limits his shelf life.

Tebow will break down for sure at some point. But the "Tebow" offense can and will succeed in the NFL. It will just chew through Qbs. But hey, they have Quinn as a backup who could run the same style.

Denver needs to just commit fully and ride the wave.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

In Tebow we Trust

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    People fail to add the "TIM TEBOW EFFECT" when they talk about him. He inspires, plain and simple. That is a huge factor in why the defense is playing well and why his team is behind him down the streatch of the game because they BELIEVE!
    LAWL
    omg, i ******* love tebow fans. this is the ******* NFL not some pee-wee girls team in san Francisco.

tonytrees
    tonytrees's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haters goin hate!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Yeah, just keep saying that. I will keep looking at the facts, that denver has played the bottom feeder offenses in the league. They have been extremely lucky with their schedule. This is an offensive league, a passing league.

But Tebow lovers, don't like to look at the facts of the game. They are the ones who are biased of the adore of tim tebow.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

So what does the Colts without Manning prove?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    Mechanically Tebow is a TERRIBLE qb. However, so was Jeff Garcia and he did fine. Granted Garcia was more accurate.

As many times last night as you could have said about Tebow, "You GOTTA make that throw." You could have said, "You GOTTA make that catch." He is an inaccurate qb for sure but there was more than a few drops of VERY catchable balls.

Hey, I'm no Tebow rabid fan maniac but the guy has the right attitude and toughness. Put some stick'em on the WR's hands and run the same offense he ran in Florida and this guy can be successful but only for a limited time before he breaks down.

The Bronco's are doing the right thing with him with the option however, they aren't using the SPREAD option. Tebow will look better when they do. Shallow middle will be open consistently when they do that.

The defense is definitely giving Tebow the opportunities to do what he does. They are keeping the games close allowing him to find a way to win. They know that Tebow isn't going to sabotage them. What is Tebow's turnover ratio? As inaccurate as he is, he doesn't throw many picks which is probably why he isn't accurate. He' rather an inc than an int.

If I'm Denver, I run more spread plays. I mean look at the Patriots they are pretty much a shotgun spread offense, so don't tell me it doesn't work. Granted Tebow is not Brady, he's not going to pick you apart with his arm, but then it's safe to say Brady is no Tebow. Brady won't plow into a linebacker and get another three yards before going down, whereas Tebow, that is exactly what he does. Both methods move the ball, one just provides longevity.

Look, Tebow is not your 10 year QB. He is your short term stud who is MORE than willing to give his body to football. Can Tebow win a Superbowl? With a stout defense and WRs who are "if I can touch it I can catch it" kind of guys, absolutely he could. Spread it out and he can move the ball. But his style of play REALLY limits his shelf life.

Tebow will break down for sure at some point. But the "Tebow" offense can and will succeed in the NFL. It will just chew through Qbs. But hey, they have Quinn as a backup who could run the same style.

Denver needs to just commit fully and ride the wave.

Please? Playoffs are where the good teams with good defenses hang out. Its fun to watch Tebow part the Red Sea since I didn't catch Moses doing his thing but SB....comeon? Chicago dragged Grossman to one but they were never going to win and they had 3x better defense/special teams than Denver. Tebow will play in the NFL somewhere....maybe a fullback/tight end/wildcat-option QB.

trevlyn1983
    trevlyn1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    So what does the Colts without Manning prove?
    That they want the #1 Pick ? Why try to win games now if you can get that ?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by trevlyn1983 View Post
    That they want the #1 Pick ? Why try to win games now if you can get that ?
    Since the start of the season?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Tebow only scored 10 points last night....if Sanchez doesn't hand out a pick-6 then its already over. They got an onside kick late vs Miami to come back. I'm a Tebow fan....he has as much heart as Walter Peyton but this amazing silliness will come to an end before the year is out. Isn't Elway their GM now? He obviously doesn't want Tebow....he looked like he just walked into the showers at Penn State when Tebow scored the game winning TD. He only clapped because he wasn't at home and knew the cameras were on him. So in summary...we have a QB who can't throw for 100 yards on a mediocre team with a GM that doesn't want him. If Tebow makes that work then I'm guzzling some Jesus juice and showing up every Sunday myself!

I also forget to mention that as soon as they made Tebow the starter they traded his best WR Brandon Lloyd for a bag of donuts. Fox might be coming around but Elway isn't.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-18-11 at 12:05 PM.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Look how the Broncos d played when Orton was QB they stinked so bad; but when the "TEBOW EFFECT" took place, it transformed into a top 5 defense
    Genius

Their best pass rusher Dumervil was out or extremely limited for those 5 games.

Brian Dawkins was limited for a while as well. Champ Bailey missed 3 games. Von Miller needed to get the schemes down starting as a rookie.

The defense has not had a chance to jell at all until the last 3 games.

I am not even sure some of you fuks watch football.

Just fire a bunch of bullshit off your keyboard and hope some makes sense.

This is not one of your lucky posts.

The only Tebow effect is the woody you get when he plays.

Serious handicappers know better.

First 12