MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Francisco's Defense Appears To Be Very Weak in the Secondary For A Shoot-Out Game

I Received a very un-clear message doing my analysis and using my game formulas for this match-up was that the San Francisco 49ers are legitimate Super Bowl contender? Now my fellow members of SBR sports forum, I know a little bit more? Are You Kidding Me!!!!!. San Francisco 49ers in the NFC West is in the worst division in football and maybe the worst we've seen in a decade or two,and the fact that the Niners have played only two teams with winning records to date,Cincinnati and Detroit, on their way to a 7-1 start is going to make the record look a little better than it really is? Giants have been spotty on run defense, that occasional breakdowns at the line of scrimmage have resulted in some big plays being given up. Well, San Francisco's Frank Gore is on a run of five straight 100+ yard games,so breakdowns will be costly.At a glance with my stats and game formula I use for analysis is the weakness of San Francisco's defense appears to be in the secondary.Can the Giants take advantage of that? If they can make some quick strikes that result in or lead to scores they might be able to get the 49ers into a shootout type of game,which is what San Francisco does not want!!!! When looking at the last 8 games in this series while San Francisco has been the home team,The 49ers have won 6 games compared to 2 wins for the Giants.Average points scored per game by San Francisco in this situation is is 24.3 ppg while New York has put up 15 ppg, creating an average margin of victory of 9.3 favoring the 49ers. However Ladies and Gents members of SBR!!!! Look At Who They played???.What is interesting is that the Giants' defense has spent most of the season defending against three wide receivers.It has forced them to play a lot of nickel and dime packages,and that has been part of the problem defending the run.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE ::The Niners seem to rely more on the run than any other team New York has faced so it might give them a chance to use their traditional 4-3 package more..I expect the Giants to use Jacobs in a very physical way, and not to concede the physical aspect of the run game at all.This is not to say I expect 30 runs in the game, and I do expect them to incorporate some plays to let Ware get a little space,and a couple of screens but at the same time,the Giants will want to send a signal early that they are not intimidated and will concede nothing in terms of the ability to play physical ball. If you think for one moment that the 49ers have a chance in a million of winning their game against the Giants,you're dead wrong. I've been following the San Francisco 49ers closely and I'm fairly absolutely certain they can barely put 1 and 1 together let alone a good enough defense to compete with the Giants..Therefore,my pick is obvious:the New York Giants got this one easy Giants+ 3 with Five Dimes Sportbook odds
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My record after the 10 weeks ~13-6-1~... last 8> WonHouston by 10 1/2 against Browns Lost Monday Night Game Taking Eagles-7 Against the Bears. Lost the Pittsburgh vs New England bet over 501/2. Win My Teaser with Dallas & Denver with a 6 1/2 point teaser. Lost Ravens -7 1/2 against Jaquars. Win with Lions-7 at home Against bears.. Loss taking Minnesota Vikings+3 against the Chicago Bears.. Win with New York Jets over the Miami Dolphins on Monday night -7 Loss.taking the Miami +2 1/2 over Browns. All my picks for 10 weeks of NFL are on threads with SBR NFL FREE PICKS, If you care to view anytime !

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares what div they play in

theyve only played one nfc west opponent

Thats a good fukkin team with no weaknesses son

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

i dont get that avatar, mr. theHAT. seems very creepy if you ask me

MR.HARRYtheHAT

[quote=Sweatyguido;12310537] i dont get that avatar, mr. theHAT. seems very creepy if you ask me/// As The Avatar Picture Suggests"!!(Sha Sha)" LOL LOL

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

the 49ers haven't used their pass game much because they haven't been in situations where they needed to. make no mistake they have the talent to pass the ball for big chunks. who's going to cover vernon davis when they're in their 4-3?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

If you are so confident why not play the ML???

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Reply to 8ArIvd5's>>> Jake Ballard is proving to be Eli Manning’s favorite tight end target. Ballard has 17 of his 23 catches in the last four games and has scored two of his three touchdowns in that span as well. And despite the fact he isn’t playing the league’s worst pass defense like he did last week in New England, Ballard could have another good outing against the 49ers,which rank sixth in receiving yards allowed to the position.Eli Manning will have a field day passing against 49ers secondary,rank 22nd in the league in defending the pass.Vernon.Davis is one of Alex Smith’s favorite targets,with 38 looks and 31 catches.It won’t be easy against a Giants defense that has allowed just two tight end scores but Davis has the talent and could become an extension of the team’s running game,[[[[Gore suffered a left ankle sprain in Week 9 against the Redskins and was seen after the game walking with a limp. He is considered questionable for Sunday's game against the Giants]]].

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

5dimes has +4 now....

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Like SF in this one. I know they are set for a let down but I feel there defense keeps them in this one and they pull out a win.

Sweatyguido

[quote=MR.HARRYtheHAT;12311159]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweatyguido View Post
    i dont get that avatar, mr. theHAT. seems very creepy if you ask me/// As The Avatar Picture Suggests"!!(Sha Sha)" LOL LOL
    strange old man you are, mr. theHAT

Sweatyguido

by the way. i'm with you on the giants. would def take the points here. too bad i'm a giants fan and wont bet my team. they could win outright or lose by 10. ya just never know. if anything g-men seem to be tease material this week.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Eli Manning will have a field day passing against 49ers

[quote=Pick'nParlays;12314487]Like SF in this one. I know they are set for a let down but I feel there defense keeps them in this one and they pull out a win.[/quote]Eli Manning will have a field day passing against 49ers secondary,rank 22nd in the league in defending the pass

MR.HARRYtheHAT

5dimes has +4 now

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    5dimes has +4 now....
    There must be some strong early money going down on the 49ers, move it a point

lightweight
    lightweight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1064

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    the 49ers haven't used their pass game much because they haven't been in situations where they needed to. make no mistake they have the talent to pass the ball for big chunks. who's going to cover vernon davis when they're in their 4-3?
    You're overlooking the fact that Alex Smith is still the QB, and Mike Martz is not the OC. The WCO is about clock management; that's why the 49ers will run, run, run if they can get 4.4 ypc and throw a few screens and slants and short outs to break things up. Alex Smith has proven over his career that he cannot throw open his receivers: he cannot throw to spots, enabling his receivers to catch the ball without breaking stride.

Look at the list of QBs the 49ers have played: Tavaris Jackson (197 yds), Tony Romo (345), Andy Dalton (157), Mike Vick (415) Josh Freeman (187), Matt Stafford (293), Colt McCoy (241), John Beck (254)

Eli should get 275 to 330, with 2+ TDs. The 49ers are not scoring more than 21 or 24 unless the Giants are committing tons of turnovers, and/or cannot stop Gore/Hunter. If you think the Giants score 13 or less, take the -4; if you think the Giants score 17 or more, take the +4 (or ML the Giants).

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Who cares what div they play in

theyve only played one nfc west opponent

Thats a good fukkin team with no weaknesses son
    A below average qb is not a weakness? Sure he is doing a fine job managing games... But let's not forget, he's Alex smith

Albinorhino
    Albinorhino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

The Niners give up some yards though the air but not many TDs, they tighten up in the redzone. A big back like Jacobs will be hammered by this Defense, he will be lucky to finish the game healthy. Gomer Manning will make mistakes to cost his team the game, he hasn't faced a defense this good all year. Go ahead underestimate the Niners, its worked for everyone else. After the giants lose the next opponent will just say "well they haven't beat anybody". And they keep rolling.

nyymvp
    nyymvp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

Except Manningham and Nicks are both game time decisions now...I would not put $ on the Giants this week. Terrible matchup for them. I could see them totally coming out flat too. -From a Giants fan

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

I like Giants to win this one

warriorfan707

The old Alex Smith was a weakness

This one is a decent QB who doesnt make mistakes

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Harry

Nice of you to bust on San Francisco's schedule.

Just for shits and giggles I checked the Sagarin schedule strength rankings just to be sure you are not talking out of your ass.

San Fran strength of schedule numbers indicate that they have played the 18th ranked toughest schedule. You are correct it ain't that much.

Just a quick peek at the Giants strength of schedule while I was there.

Dead last.

Easiest slate to date in the NFL.

The Giants are gonna control the line of scrimmage against a top five run defense are they. Against the best linebacker tandem in the game. And Isaac Sapoaga. I can see where you get that opinion with that patented rush offense of the Giants. The one that averages less than 3.5 a carry and is missing its best rusher. With the other one not yet in game shape enough to pull the load.

I have another word for spotty to describe the Giants rush defense. It also starts with S. The yard markers have a better chance against Gore.

You are gonna spin this game plan with one healthy wide out and a running back not yet in game shape. Not even gonna wait to see who is active.

The only way San Fran loses this one is if they beat themselves. Entirely possible with Alex Smith.

Your take on the game is meaningless.

Keep up the good work.

warriorfan707

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough gm...sf physicality vs nyg passing gm, think i believe in sf more than most do as they seem to get a unfair amout of disrespect on the boards every week because they are not flashy....call me old fashion but i still value a smash mouth run gm and defense..

Smith is gonna have to make some throws which is scary as ive seen him miss Crabtree for big plays quite a bit recently, the plays will be there to be made once again this week, whether or not he starts to connect i do not know, if he does it will be scary for the rest of the league..

Lean sf but not thrilled about the idea of laying 3.5 as could very well come down to the end, may just be a pass for me...either way BOL Harry

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Harry

Nice of you to bust on San Francisco's schedule.

Just for shits and giggles I checked the Sagarin schedule strength rankings just to be sure you are not talking out of your ass.

San Fran strength of schedule numbers indicate that they have played the 18th ranked toughest schedule. You are correct it ain't that much.

Just a quick peek at the Giants strength of schedule while I was there.

Dead last.

Easiest slate to date in the NFL.

The Giants are gonna control the line of scrimmage against a top five run defense are they. Against the best linebacker tandem in the game. And Isaac Sapoaga. I can see where you get that opinion with that patented rush offense of the Giants. The one that averages less than 3.5 a carry and is missing its best rusher. With the other one not yet in game shape enough to pull the load.

I have another word for spotty to describe the Giants rush defense. It also starts with S. The yard markers have a better chance against Gore.

You are gonna spin this game plan with one healthy wide out and a running back not yet in game shape. Not even gonna wait to see who is active.

The only way San Fran loses this one is if they beat themselves. Entirely possible with Alex Smith.

Your take on the game is meaningless.

Keep up the good work.

I didnt go look but i believe NYG has played more gms against the nfc west than sf has to this point so yea id say knocking sf for playing in the west is a little unfair..

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    I didnt go look but i believe NYG has played more gms against the nfc west than sf has to this point so yea id say knocking sf for playing in the west is a little unfair..
    Yes they played West juggernauts Arizona and Seattle.

Lighthead wants to include Tavaris Jackson in his list of supposedly bullshit QB's the Niners have faced.

Jackson beat the Giants in their own fukking place.

I am not saying the Niners win or cover; I am more apt to leave this one on the board as there are better games out there in my mind.

I have a real hard time reading some of this garbage and not sticking it back where it came from.

Harry's post and some of the others to back it were garbage.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks for info and great stats

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    You're overlooking the fact that Alex Smith is still the QB, and Mike Martz is not the OC. The WCO is about clock management; that's why the 49ers will run, run, run if they can get 4.4 ypc and throw a few screens and slants and short outs to break things up. Alex Smith has proven over his career that he cannot throw open his receivers: he cannot throw to spots, enabling his receivers to catch the ball without breaking stride.

Look at the list of QBs the 49ers have played: Tavaris Jackson (197 yds), Tony Romo (345), Andy Dalton (157), Mike Vick (415) Josh Freeman (187), Matt Stafford (293), Colt McCoy (241), John Beck (254)

Eli should get 275 to 330, with 2+ TDs. The 49ers are not scoring more than 21 or 24 unless the Giants are committing tons of turnovers, and/or cannot stop Gore/Hunter. If you think the Giants score 13 or less, take the -4; if you think the Giants score 17 or more, take the +4 (or ML the Giants).
    THANKS FOR INFO AND GREAT STATS...VERY GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR PICKS AND THANKS FOR READING MY THREAD!!!!!

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If NYG loses this game, the next one is more critical next week.
    As for SF, they are in and in control of the division and next week they will face weaker team.
    Hard to take but I like SF at home but with -3.5 or -4?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    A below average qb is not a weakness? Sure he is doing a fine job managing games... But let's not forget, he's Alex smith
    at least he isnt michelle vick.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

The truth hurts don't it ???

I am not saying the Niners win or cover; I am more apt to leave this one on the board as there are better games out there in my mind.

I have a real hard time reading some of this garbage and not sticking it back where it came from.

Harry's post and some of the others to back it were garbage.[/quote] THE TRUTH HURTS DON'T IT ~BILLY SINK~ SHOULD I BRING YOU A TOWEL OR TO THE BOOKMAKERS??The San Francisco 49ers you think are A legitimate Super Bowl Contender~????Niners have played only two teams with winning records to date ,Cincinnati and Detroit,on their way to a 7-1 start is going to make there record look a little better than it really is?The San Francisco 49ers are in the NFC West ****** worst division in football and maybe the worst we've seen in a decade or two.. Manning enters this week having started 111 consecutive regular- season games, tied with New England's Tom Brady for the fourth-longest streak by a quarterback in NFL history

warriorfan707

Niners gonna smoke tmrw

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post

Harry's post and some of the others to back it were garbage.
    THE TRUTH HURTS DON'T IT ~BILLY SINK~ SHOULD I BRING YOU A TOWEL OR TO THE BOOKMAKERS??The San Francisco 49ers you think are A legitimate Super Bowl Contender~????Niners have played only two teams with winning records to date ,Cincinnati and Detroit,on their way to a 7-1 start is going to make there record look a little better than it really is?The San Francisco 49ers are in the NFC West ****** worst division in football and maybe the worst we've seen in a decade or two.. Manning enters this week having started 111 consecutive regular- season games, tied with New England's Tom Brady for the fourth-longest streak by a quarterback in NFL history [/QUOTE]

Lemme help you out a bit there speedbag.

No one said anything about the Super Bowl so try and focus through your tears. I don't give a rat's ass about the Niners. Nor do I give a half a fuk about the game tomorrow. The only points I made about them are that they are tough against the run and have a great linebacking tandem and a tough NT.

The other point I made is that the Giants have played the easiest schedule in the league. Not according to me, according to Jeff Sagarin analysis. Yes the worst team in the NFC West beat your shitsack squad.

AT HOME.

All of those are facts. What you posted was a bunch of garbage and has little or nothing to do with tommorow's game.
    If the point you are trying to make is that Eli can win this one all by himself, you may be right. An idiot like you would bet on that before you even know who is active in the wideout package. If you had a half a fukking brain you would wait until tomorrow's inactive list came out before you made an idiot of yourself. But you just couldn't wait to post and bet that terrible number you got. Bet right on that key number when you could have had 4.

Your a fukking genius Earl.

Thanks for the laugh. Good luck with your ill timed and poorly researched play. I hope it hits for you.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

The Giants are playing consecutive games on the road after beating the Patriots in Foxborough last week. This is a long trip, but Tom Coughlin is good at getting his team up for these types of games. The 49ers will try to run it with Frank Gore against a Giants defense that is ranked 25th against the run.I see them doing it. The 49ers are wildly vulnerable in pass defense but attacking that area is preferable to knocking heads with Willis and Co up front. When healthy and complete which they are,the Giants present matchup problems for 49ers secondary which is really weak!!,especially the way Manning is throwing the ball with good accuracy in last two games

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Do you think Frank Gore rushes for OVER 100 yards tomorrow?

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Frank Gore will not go for a 100 yds.
    tomorrow, game plan will be simple, make
    Alex beat you in the air.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Do you think Frank Gore rushes for OVER 100 yards tomorrow?
    His ankle has improved a lot over the latter part of the week but he has not yet gone full out on it in practice.

He will be a go and that is a defense that is not built to stop the run.

I would not touch this game unless I thought he could. If he does the Niners probably win.

I am leaving this one alone based on Gore's ankle. I don't care much for the Giant side even after the compelling argument by Mr. Hat here.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

News for Frank Gore
    Even if Gore is limited in practice all week, he'll likely start against a Giants defense Sunday that has allowed 4.6 yards per carry on the year.Unless he suffers a setback before then,Gore should probably be active in most or all lineups.