WR Boldin and Fitzgerald both caught over 100 passes
    last season.

ARI leading rusher only ran for 451yds.

KEY DRAFT PICKS:
    1 10(10) Matt Leinart QB USC
    2 9(41) Taitusi Lutui OG USC
    3 8(72) Leonard Pope TE Georgia

imgv analysis
    Edgarrin James should really help with the rushing attack and that may even help open up the already dangerous passing attack, but IMO
    Defense is what is important and Arizona still has a defense that gives up big plays too often. Defense gave up 24.2ppg even though they
    ranked 10th(Rush) and 13th(pass).Another thing to note is both of ARI QB's (Warner and Leinart) are not very mobile and this offensive line will really be depending on Lutui as they were one of the worst o-lines last year.

Well tell me what you think?

Can they make the playoffs?
    Will Edgarrin be a great pick up or a Bust?
    Will Leinart Start this season?

Now it is your turn!!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will not make the playoffs this season. Glancing at their schedule leads me to believe they will hover near .500 throughout the season but finish short of that mark with 7 wins.

Edgerrin will be solid for them especially releasing out of the backfield. Look for the best receiving numbers of his career but an average per carry below 4 yards.

Leinert will undoubtedly receive starts this season but only when Warner is injured. My thumb starts hurting just by typing Kurt's last name.

The primary problem with Arizona is in the trenches. If their lines don't come together in a spectacular manner, it will be hard for them to gain traction as the season wears on.

The secondary problem is their schedule. There are at least 5 games that they should be big dogs going in (Seattle X 2, KC, Denver, San Diego). Beyond those five games, their season will depend on finding a way to win at Atlanta, at Green Bay, and at Minnesota. They also have to host Dallas and Chicago; two major contenders. Those are 10 very difficult contests. They should be able to count on wins versus SF X 2, SL X 2, Oakland and Detroit. If they falter in any of those contests, they have almost no chance at the postseason.

This is a team that should really improve but it might not be reflected in their overall record.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i feel james will be a bust for zona.

Leinert will get some starts this year at some point.

as far as them making the playoffs goes. i haven't quite got that far with my football capping just yet in order to give a answer on this question.