battle4life
    battle4life's Avatar Become A Pro!

can patriots miss playoffs completly

they were favors to win the afc east favors to win afc and make superbowl easily for the afc heavy favors is there a chance they wont even make playoffs this year.....if they go 5-4 the way it looks it might not be good enough for the playoffs bills bengals stellers ravens titans all are playing solid football

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

They'll make it. 2-1 against Jets/Eagles/Bills, win the rest against Chiefs/Broncos/Dolphins/Redskins. VERY favorable end of season schedule if they can survive the next 3 games

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    They'll make it. 2-1 against Jets/Eagles/Bills, win the rest against Chiefs/Broncos/Dolphins/Redskins. VERY favorable end of season schedule if they can survive the next 3 games

they will probably lose 2 of the next 3. Bro the pats arent that good.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think the Patriots will lose on Sunday vs Jets and then possibly lose again Nov.27 @ Philly

but i don't see them losing anymore game than that. My guess is they will finish 10-6 or 11-5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I can see them losing Sunday night vs Jets and then turn around at home on Monday night vs Chiefs and win by 20 points

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    they will probably lose 2 of the next 3. Bro the pats arent that good.
    We'll see

The D isn't as bad as people think. The offense will be the issue, until they start giving Taylor Price playing time as a deep threat. I'm not too worried though

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

are you kidding the offense is the issue? They are number 1 in the league in passing. They had the game won on Sunday vs Giants and the defense lost the game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Patriots defense can't slow down anyone let alone stop anyone.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Patriots are 32nd in the league against the pass. It will not help facing Holmes, Burress, and Keller

whitey
    SBROdds Developer
    whitey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7175

We'll see

The D isn't as bad as people think. The offense will be the issue, until they start giving Taylor Price playing time as a deep threat. I'm not too worried though
    I have to agree, the D isn't as bad as people think. With 4 turnovers a D that holds the other team to 24 points isn't doing a horrible job. They failed to stop Giants on the last drive but they were playing very well. The two pass interference calls are what killed them specially that last one. I'm not saying they're a great defense, but you've got to give them some credit they're ranked 20th in points per game, and lets face it thats the only stat that matters who cares about yards?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

im scared to death to see what the eagles might do to us....those screens they run to maclin are just hellacious...and jackson......im sure celek will torch us for like 7-100 and a td

the big key for them t hough is getting the offense on track...other than welker they dont receiver who can beat single man coverage...its just welker and the tight ends......the defense gives up its yards but buckles down...the key for them is to score in the high 20's or 30's...

an old man
    an old man's Avatar Become A Pro!

bill bellecheck is not the man he used to be now i tell you what. as long as they keep running that defense out there they are in a jepoardy to lose theyre next 3 ball games.

now while i havent taken a look at the point lines, if you took the jets, eagles and bills all on the money line i think the worst you could do is break even

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

There schedule does look pretty easy for the end of the season so I'd say they'll make it.

whitey
    SBROdds Developer

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    im scared to death to see what the eagles might do to us....those screens they run to maclin are just hellacious...and jackson......im sure celek will torch us for like 7-100 and a td

the big key for them t hough is getting the offense on track...other than welker they dont receiver who can beat single man coverage...its just welker and the tight ends......the defense gives up its yards but buckles down...the key for them is to score in the high 20's or 30's...
    Right, i mean look at the pitt game. The offence was on the field for 20min? That's way too much work for the defense. For them to hold pitt to only 25 points, really.. only 23 that safety was cheating, is pretty good for the amount of time they were out there. Brady is giving up a lot of int's because his receivers are dropping balls or aren't in the right place.

They have to get back on track with the offence they're defense was not build to hold teams to 14 points a game. They put all their money in the offence aside from vince.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Right, i mean look at the pitt game. The offence was on the field for 20min? That's way too much work for the defense. For them to hold pitt to only 25 points, really.. only 23 that safety was cheating, is pretty good for the amount of time they were out there. Brady is giving up a lot of int's because his receivers are dropping balls or aren't in the right place.

They have to get back on track with the offence they're defense was not build to hold teams to 14 points a game. They put all their money in the offence aside from vince.
    dont even get me started on the pitt game...i still have a major beef with bill and tom after that one....bill for not challenging the gronk catch(and then, with essentially 4 timeouts(3 plus 2 minute), deciding to onside kick with over 2 minutes...and tom for not running up, snapping the ball, and sneaking it across the goalline when it was at the one dick line.....

but yes....if you told me before the steelers and giants games that theyd score 23 and 24 points...id say "well well score 28 or 31".....thats really where the focus should be ...everyone wants to talk about the "defense"...but i think this team plays defense with the notion that theyll be scoring in the high 20's every week

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    are you kidding the offense is the issue? They are number 1 in the league in passing. They had the game won on Sunday vs Giants and the defense lost the game.
    Didn't score a single point in the 1st half. Not one. And the defense kept them in the game. Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez are the only passing options Brady trusts right now. The offense will be the biggest problem moving forward, until they develop a deep option to pull teams off the line of scrimmage

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don't kid yourself Pats fans....your defense IS that bad.....bottom 3 in the league for sure, competing for outright worst

When your offense isn't playing at the elite level it is capable of, or someone slows down your offense, the patriots lose the game.....simple as that

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Don't kid yourself Pats fans....your defense IS that bad.....bottom 3 in the league for sure, competing for outright worst

When your offense isn't playing at the elite level it is capable of, or someone slows down your offense, the patriots lose the game.....simple as that
    Why do you say they are bottom 3? What reasoning?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Just watching them...."can't stop a nosebleed"

Oh yeah, they also give up the most yards per game (416!)

Pathetic passrush, pathetic defensive backfield

They're bad.....really bad

rsnnh12

Just watching them...."can't stop a nosebleed"

Oh yeah, they also give up the most yards per game (416!)

Pathetic passrush, pathetic defensive backfield

They're bad.....really bad
    The YPG are a terrible measure to go by, especially given the type of defense the Pats use (read and react) and the garbage time stats they allow for yardage. The Miami game alone added 30 YPG to their average for the year, strictly in garbage time.

They are in the 18-24 range, not bottom 3, and when they are fairly healthy, they are mid-teens

bobby heenan
    Update your status

if thats what you believe..thats fine...i dont think its as bad as some have made it out to be

ill say it again...i think they play defense with the notion that theyll score in the high 20s and 30s every week.....their secondary is just void of talent....chung and mccourty are players....but in this league you need at least 3 high quality corners.....and they were counting on dowling to come in here and play like mccourty did last year....and they let bodden go and put dowling on ir.....they are running phil adams, antuan molden, and ihedigbo out there in the secondary(you know...grocery store workers)...they are playing very soft...i was really hoping dowling would come in here and solidify the other side opposite of mccourty and they could start playing some man, pinning their ears back, and sending guys after the qb(like your jets).....but that cant really happen...because these defensive backs cant be trusted....theres talent on this defense....but there isnt enough trust for them to get really aggressive

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They COULD miss the playoffs...but after a dismantling of the Jets on Sunday night, they'll be back on track.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The YPG are a terrible measure to go by, especially given the type of defense the Pats use (read and react) and the garbage time stats they allow for yardage. The Miami game alone added 30 YPG to their average for the year, strictly in garbage time.

They are in the 18-24 range, not bottom 3, and when they are fairly healthy, they are mid-teens

One of, if not the worst passrush, probably the worst pass defense in the
    league

What "stats" do you have that this defense IS NOT one of the worst in the league

Your claim that this D is average or even above average is a joke

Even your coach knows they can't get a stop (onside kick against Pitt)

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

based on pretty much every stat.

32 in yrds/game
    32 in pass yrds/game
    20 in pts/game
    29 1st downs allowed
    28 in 3rd% allowed
    29 in penalty yards
    32 in yards/drive
    26 in pts/drive
    25 in TDs/drive
    29 in punts fored/drive
    27 in def DVOA

whitey
    SBROdds Developer

Points per game. The one stat that actually means something.

19 New England Patriots 23
    19 New York Giants 23
    21 Seattle Seahawks 23.1
    22 Arizona Cardinals 24.5
    22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24.5
    24 Minnesota Vikings 24.9
    25 Kansas City Chiefs 25.1
    26 San Diego Chargers 25.5
    27 New Orleans Saints 22.8
    28 Carolina Panthers 25.9
    29 St. Louis Rams 26.4
    30 Oakland Raiders 27
    31 Denver Broncos 28
    32 Indianapolis Colts 31.4

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Lmao....giants and patriots defenses are the same based off of only points per game

rsnnh12

One of, if not the worst passrush, probably the worst pass defense in the
    league

What "stats" do you have that this defense IS NOT one of the worst in the league

Your claim that this D is average or even above average is a joke

Even your coach knows they can't get a stop (onside kick against Pitt)
    You're just making claims without any backing. I already explained why the yards stats are meaningless. They're ranked 20th in ppg, which is what really matters, and that is with an offense that has gotten some big leads, forcing the opposition to play a higher paced, pass heavy style. You really don't think that skews the stats?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

ahhh the obnoxious jets fan.....as if i hadnt dealt with enough of them at the meadowlands over the years

well....were still waiting for your team to win something of signifigance....till then....enjoy

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

You're just making claims without any backing. I already explained why the yards stats are meaningless. They're ranked 20th in ppg, which is what really matters, and that is with an offense that has gotten some big leads, forcing the opposition to play a higher paced, pass heavy style. You really don't think that skews the stats?
    EVERY single defensive stat out there has the patriots defense has dogshit

Points per game is also skewed in your favor with a great offense such as the patriots.....they hold onto the ball longer, they make it easier on the defense by giving them better field position most of the time, they don't turn the ball over often which could hurt points per game rankings.....

Also with a great offense, the defense should be able to pin their ears back and just defend the pass much more, mot having to worry about the run as much

Points per game has alot to do with offense and special teams

Going by strictly defensive stats, you'll see that they suck.......average yards per drive, 3rd down %, average yards a game, etc

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

They will murder Buffalo the next go around ....

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    based on pretty much every stat.

32 in yrds/game
    32 in pass yrds/game
    20 in pts/game
    29 1st downs allowed
    28 in 3rd% allowed
    29 in penalty yards
    32 in yards/drive
    26 in pts/drive
    25 in TDs/drive
    29 in punts fored/drive
    27 in def DVOA
    Happen to have the stats that don't count garbage time?

The only really concerning area is their 3rd down defense, everything else is really middle of the pack.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

ahhh the obnoxious jets fan.....as if i hadnt dealt with enough of them at the meadowlands over the years

well....were still waiting for your team to win something of signifigance....till then....enjoy
    Nahh just arguing you dumb patriots homers...your defense is a joke, can't stop a nosebleed, has no playmakers, no one fears it.....case closed

Enjoy your ass whipping on Sunday night

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Nahh just arguing you dumb patriots homers...your defense is a joke, can't stop a nosebleed, has no playmakers, no one fears it.....case closed

Enjoy your ass whipping on Sunday night
    enjoy coming up short of the main goal again....no matter what happens sunday night...we know you will not win a superbowl.....

so enjoy chasing the patriot dream....i imagine its pretty difficult with a shit quarterback

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

enjoy coming up short of the main goal again....no matter what happens sunday night...we know you will not win a superbowl.....

so enjoy chasing the patriot dream....i imagine its pretty difficult with a shit quarterback
    Patriots* were a complete joke forever until they lucked into some guy named brady 10 years ago.....you guys are not some elite franchise

I envy real franchises like the steelers, cowboys, packers, and 49ers

Not some joke of a franchise that lucked into a few superbowls recently possibly with a little bit of "outside help"

bobby heenan
    Update your status

lol@ the patriots not being an elite franchise...lolol.....

bob kraft is one of the most influential owners in the league....yours? well his daughter was a wannabe lesbian basket case

again...enjoy chasing the patriot dream....which is stability and excellence in the salary cap era

12 Last