No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

So now that Week 9 is over

What in the hell were the Giants and Bears doing as such big dogs anyway? I know it's easy to say in retrospect, but they were both in the +300-400 range ML-wise and +8-10 on the spread --

I have to admit that I anticipated both to be about +5 or maybe +6, so when I saw the big numbers, I stayed away because I figured something was up. Instead, both cashed on the ML for a big public payout.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5578

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What in the hell were the Giants and Bears doing as such big dogs anyway? I know it's easy to say in retrospect, but they were both in the +300-400 range ML-wise and +8-10 on the spread --

I have to admit that I anticipated both to be about +5 or maybe +6, so when I saw the big numbers, I stayed away because I figured something was up. Instead, both cashed on the ML for a big public payout.
    Personally...I don't think it's a coincidence.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Bear line appears to be way off again. from detroit and love chicago

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Vegas doesn't play the game.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

You can say that every time an upset happens.

The spreads got about even action.

I think a lot more people had Patriots/Eagles in teasers/ml parlays than taking the dogs SU.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Vegas is just as mystified as the bettors are. It's called "arbitrage" .

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You can say that every time an upset happens.

The spreads got about even action.

I think a lot more people had Patriots/Eagles in teasers/ml parlays than taking the dogs SU.
    I fell for this. I teased both teams down to -2.5, thinking it was an "easy" play.

I'm starting to wonder about the -8.5 or -9 spread -- maybe it should be a dog play every time given the "set up" number you can get through a tease.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I fell for this. I teased both teams down to -2.5, thinking it was an "easy" play.

I'm starting to wonder about the -8.5 or -9 spread -- maybe it should be a dog play every time given the "set up" number you can get through a tease.
    Same here.....I've actually had more success teasing dogs up this year...the Giants have really killed me in teasers this year. Last week (against them) and their Seattle (on them) game cost me three teasers. Seems that they play to such extremes....when they don't show up they stink.