RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone Think it was a bad

Call by MT not to take that FG, I understand the whole What if on field position. But they could have used a Time out and took the field goal. Play to win

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

are you kidding?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they cokked around and got a penalty that took them out of field goal position. then they lost just like the patriots

Pride
    rally rally rally

this guy wanted them to kick a monstrous fg on the bad side of the field and if they miss they give up amazing field position.

punting it was the correct play 99/100 times

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i agree punting was the correct play. although the steelers should not have passed the ball at all on the last drive.

defense let the team down big time

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell yes they should have kicked the field goal. So after watching the opponent's kicker nail a 51 yarder, you don't have the confidence to send your guy out there to hit a 46 yarder to seal the deal? I understand that Suisham is not a great kicker, but that just goes to show how important having a good one is.

Steeler fans, we took Jeff Reed for granted for many years and now we are paying for it.

Also, I think they should have passed MORE on their last drive. either way, the Ravens were getting the ball back, and fast because we weren't gonna run for a first down. Ben was on fire. Give him THREE pass attempts to seal the game in the 4th quarter and he will do it, just like against the Jets last year. Play to win. Remember the Jaguars playoff game in 07? The 3rd down QB draw that gave the Jags the ball back when they could have THROWN for a first down? You have a clutch QB, use him.

Bad coaching and horrible pass defense lost them this game. And Ben's mandatory interception.

Pride
    rally rally rally

dude it would have been like 51 or 52 yard fg. they were going to try for the fg from around the 46 but took the stupid penalty.

original plan was kick the fg at the 46

no way in hell does Suisham kick a 50+yard fg in that stage of the game, in that stadium, and on the shitty side to kick into. you can chalk the loss up to the defense not stopping the ravens on a march down the entire field in 2 minutes

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

What did I just say? You kick a 46 yarder, and they had an inexcusable penalty to bring it back 5 yards. If it was an intended delay of game or not, it was terrible coaching. You cannot let a delay of game happen in a situation like that if you are planning to kick a field goal, and if they weren't? It's still a dumb decision because of what happened after the punt.

They could have called a timeout before the delay of game and tried a 46 yarder which is what I was trying to say.

Pride
    rally rally rally

lolk

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Well the bad coaching started with calling pass plays on that last drive when all u need is the clock to run. Steelers fukked me, they fukked me good last night. I'm laying off nfl. You can't predict this shit. I had three bad beats yesterday. Steelers, fukkin Oakland choking and letting Tebow come back and the damn Cards running back a 99 yard punt return in OT.

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

I agree with previous posts. What the hell are they doing on the 3rd and 5 prior to the field goal. They lined up in an empty set so I thought they were going to be smart and run a qb draw. But the idiots called a 3 yard out play that a) was horribly thrown way out in front of the receiver, b) wouldn't have gotten them the first down even if completed and c) allowed baltimore an extra timeout before the 2 minute warning essentially giving them 3 stoppages of play when they really had one. Just an awful job of clock management.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Jeef Reed was a drunk