upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    It's funny to see an entire thread bitching about fixes but not a single credible example is given.

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

if you think its fixed and you still bet on it your the "drooling idiot." is it possible some games are fixed, sure history proves that as gambling is a business and like any business their goal is to make money, but with that being said fix is cried way too often after games. Take your loss like a man. Seriously if games are fixed and you are at a huge disadvantage because of juice why do you bet? your intelligent enough to spot every fix every weekend but bet you cant answer that last question. You guys make it seem like every game is fixed, how come atlanta, houston, NO, and SF all covered and were huge public plays. Did kc, pitt, Ne and a few other public bets lose yesterday? yep. Seems like you can either handicap or you cant and if the rare occasion where the fix is in occurs oh well its called money management learn it. Refs are human and the rules leave certain things to judgement. Theres gonna be discrepency between what is called by some refs and not called by others, human element obviously plays a role and they can miss/blow calls, but seriously stop crying fix every game of every weekend or better yet dont be a degen and bet on every primetime game and every game on tv or on a game because its the only one left (aka hawaii) and youll avoid the so called fix more often then not.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The term 'fix' is difficult to define. Does the fix occur just from all the referees? Does it happen from one team or both teams? One single player? One or two referees? Who 'orders' the fix? Is it from the league or do players/refs do it because they have ways to wager. Why aren't there more 'wikileaks' type of evidence about this fixing? Donaghy was caught for fixing NBA games with enough proof for the courts to find him guilty and sentence him. He also made allegations towards the NBA asking referees to have the Kings/Lakers series (~2002) maybe go 7 games. There was the NCAAF player whose family members made large bets on one of his games.

So, to all the people who say there is no way games are fixed, you need to open up your mind because there have been fixes, still are fixes and always will be fixes. We just don't know to what degree fixing happens at. Did the ref in the Bears/Packers game make a horrendous call that changed the O/U and PS outcome? Yes. Was it because he wanted to the outcome to end how it did? Maybe, we can't be sure. I honestly can't understand why he would make that call at that stage in the game if A) he's not retarded B) he's not stupid blind, or C) he's honest and wanted to ref the game properly at 100% of his most moral and greatest abilities.

If you like reading fiction then Play Dirty by Sandra Brown is definitely worthwhile.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

been telling people forever all the games are fixed. if you don't have late-breaking inside information (sometimes from the wrong side of the tracks if you know what i mean) you don't have fukking squat. good luck!

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Ive noticed for the most part fixes take place on prime time TV. Majority happens on these SNF MNF when the public is heavily 1 sided the public usually loses on these prime time bets. Most ppl took SD and KC won. That TB -10 colts cover. Pitt -10 Colts cover. The only give me game was Saints over Colts. Balti loses to JAX. Minnesota bears going over 39-10. Balti Jets goes over 34-17. ATL beats eagles 35-31. Where ever the public is very very one sided on prime time it seems to be the opposite. Sooo.... Which side is the public heavily favoring tonight? Eagles/Bears or O/U.... seems like the Bears to me and if that is the case EAGLES ROLL.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Of course refs control the fix.. Vegas or what ever banker is backing those refs pays well.... We know its happening look at that basketball ref. Or checkout baseball where the umpire controls the whole ******* game! Fixes probably go bad too, you can only control but so much. When bets roll in heavy on one side some Vegas banker has a light bulb that goes off.

KingTout
    KingTout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2389

Quote Originally Posted by tallchickens View Post
    Agreed point blank... anybody remember the toledo game where a blatant extra point was missed... called good on the field and then reviewed and the ruling was upheld when it was clear that the ball was not even close to going between the goal post. And the bears holding call was complete garbage....bottom line is that games are fixed not every one of them but a select few from time to time are and there is absolutley no doubt about that
    you honestly think that the refs are going to fix a game by intentionally blowing a call on something as obvious as an extra point? if the game is fixed for syracuse to cover, why weren't there more penalties called on toledo than on syracuse? why weren't there any big plays nullified by a phantom hold? or a gift pass interference? there is zero chance that this was anything other than sheer incompetence

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

when you lose it fixed...when you win you are a great capper. been this way for years..

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the fixers might keep their hands off tonight's game due to the 50/50 money split and the line has moved 2 points to try and even out the take. So tonight, you may actually place a wager on what you think will happen based on the teams talent and statistics. The sad thing is, this is rarely the case these days. You will be a loser if you try to bet on what the outcome of a game should be based purely on skill, coaching, etc. You have to factor in the public on every NFL wager, and sometimes you have to just recognize which games might be fixed and either stay away or use that suspicion for a wager on the side that feels bad.

The day the NFL starts broadcasting referee assignments and doesn't fine coaches or players for speaking out against the ref's...IS the day I'll say the NFL isn't fixed. Until then...

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    when you lose it fixed...when you win you are a great capper. been this way for years..

No, this is also wrong. I've been on the winning side of many suspect games this year, and other posters in this thread have already said as much.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    No, this is also wrong. I've been on the winning side of many suspect games this year, and other posters in this thread have already said as much.

ive read some of what you and other posters have said in this thread..most of it is beyond asinine...

NFL product is huge because of gambling, NFL isnt fixing gms.

if you wanna convince me that some lower level college gms are fixed or that NBA uses certain refs for certain gms, fine you probably could..

telling me the biggest sunday night FB gm of the yr was fixed is stupid.... telling me tonight wont be fixed because some stupid fukking percentage of bets that makes you think vegas cares or doesnt is beyond stupid..

I got news for you clowns. Vegas doesnt have to fix gms for most of you to lose most of the time..

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    ive read some of what you and other posters have said in this thread..most of it is beyond asinine...

NFL product is huge because of gambling, NFL isnt fixing gms.

if you wanna convince me that some lower level college gms are fixed or that NBA uses certain refs for certain gms, fine you probably could..

telling me the biggest sunday night FB gm of the yr was fixed is stupid.... telling me tonight wont be fixed because some stupid fukking percentage of bets that makes you think vegas cares or doesnt is beyond stupid..

I got news for you clowns. Vegas doesnt have to fix gms for most of you to lose most of the time..
    Well said, the NFL is worth billions of dollars, they don't care about the pennies some degenerates are losing on games.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

the gambling industry is worth a hell of a lot more than the nfl.

some guys in this thread are idiots who cry fix on a ton of games but others know what they are talking about. some games are fixed in every single sport.

at the end of the day the players still have to play the game (unless they are shaving points or doing something else) but if you dont think refs are given an agenda from time to time or have money on the game themselves then you are just dumb.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if there is a fix it has to be from the refs
    i dont believe any players would be involved

somethingelse
    somethingelse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    I remember that shit. Luckily I was on the right side of that fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by xelemental View Post
    It was fun explaining to my girlfriend what had actually just happened when that game was on. She couldn't understand why I was so mad. Thank god for DVR so I could slow it down, frame by frame and show her. Then she became angry. The money I would have made was going to pay for a nice steak dinner. Thanks NFL Refs.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you use gambling money to help pay for a steak dinner you shouldnt be betting. I hit big last night, I wont make many more plays this week as I have to settle up every Monday night.

First 12