gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Fantasy Help..

Im 2-6, and it seems everyweek i run into someone that has an amazing week, i lead the league in points aganist by over 100 to the next person, so I know i've been unlucky

Qb, Fitzpatrick, Hasselbeck
    Rb, Blount, Sproles, murray, steven jackson
    WR, welker, colston, manningham
    Te, hernandez
    K , Jankowski
    def , dallas and jets

I can dress, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr , 1 te, 1 k , 1 defence.

Both my qbs are in tough aganist cinn, and the jets this week. I want to start murray aganist seattle, but Blount is back, and I dont know if I can trust sproles after he screwed me last week. Jackson was on my bench last week and he ended up with 30 points..

I was thinking of starting manningham aganist the patriots because of there weak defence, and hicks is banged up. Kicker and Te i only have one so there both starting. Defence I want to start dallas aganist seattle , but if the jets screw up buffalo I might miss out... This is a must win for me, or else I probably won't make the playoffs..HELP!

idaho_bettor
    idaho_bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Seems to me that Fitz and Hasselbeck are a wash, with neither one of them being much of a play against their competition this week. The Jets have given up less than 200 yards/gm through the air this year on average, and the Bengals just 212. The Bills best receiver, Stevie Johnson will be shut down by Revis, and although they have Nelson and Chandler, the rest of the DBs on New York aren't slouches. The Bills best bets against the Jets this week will be running the ball with Fred Jackson vs the sub par run defense that the Jets have put on the field this year.

Hasselbeck on the other hand face a Bengals team which is 2nd against the run. To make matters worse, the Titans run blocking is horrible this year, which is just one of the many reasons that their ground game has been anemic for most of the year. What does this mean for Hasselbeck? It likely means that he'll be forced to face a stout pass defense that will have the luxury of either dropping an extra man or two into pass coverage, or blitzing the hell out of your QB.

I don't love either QB this week, but if I had to lean one way it would have to be toward Fitz. He's a better QB at the moment and will have Fred Jackson as an outlet. That guy has been getting it done all year, and might be the silver lining you need. If there are any other options on the waiver wire, however, I would seek them out.

As far as your RB situation goes, you have to ride Jackson against the AZ defense this week. St Louis found a formula that works for them last week, and I believe they will stick with it against a defense which is giving up 165 yards/game. Your other RB should be either Blount or Sproles; keep Murray on your bench this week. Blount looks attractive this week since he is telling the media that he's close to 100% AND because it appears he will be staying in the game for 3rd downs now that Graham is out for the year. Not only did New Orleans roll out the red carpet for Steven Jackson last week, but it also appears that LB Vilma will be missing from the Saint squad on Sunday. This will spell continued run defense issues for the Saints.

Similarly, Sproles looks like a decent play against TB, especially if you're in a PPR league. The last time he played Tampa, he was the recipient of 8 Drew Brees passes. That would be a nice bump in PPR formats, however the receptions only led to 46 yards so it wasn't a huge day in standard league formats. The backfield in New Orleans is cluttered, even if Ingram doesn't dress. Ivory is back and Pierre Thomas is getting a good share of runs as well. Ultimately, I would lean toward Blount in standard league format, and put it at 50/50 in a PPR league regarding your 2nd RB.

Good luck this week!
    Points Awarded:

gti175 gave idaho_bettor 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Thx ! lots of info here...

j_to_the
    j_to_the's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Im 2-6, and it seems everyweek i run into someone that has an amazing week, i lead the league in points aganist by over 100 to the next person, so I know i've been unlucky

Qb, Fitzpatrick, Hasselbeck
    Rb, Blount, Sproles, murray, steven jackson
    WR, welker, colston, manningham
    Te, hernandez
    K , Jankowski
    def , dallas and jets

I can dress, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr , 1 te, 1 k , 1 defence.

Both my qbs are in tough aganist cinn, and the jets this week. I want to start murray aganist seattle, but Blount is back, and I dont know if I can trust sproles after he screwed me last week. Jackson was on my bench last week and he ended up with 30 points..

I was thinking of starting manningham aganist the patriots because of there weak defence, and hicks is banged up. Kicker and Te i only have one so there both starting. Defence I want to start dallas aganist seattle , but if the jets screw up buffalo I might miss out... This is a must win for me, or else I probably won't make the playoffs..HELP!
    QB: Fitz (more upside with fantasy points)
    RB: Jackson, Blount (could argue Murray with Blount coming off injury - Sproles is 4th, IMO)
    WR: Welker, Colston (I like your Manningham theory, but Welker and Colston are just safer)
    TE: Hernandez
    K: Janikowski
    DEF: Dallas (at home against a bad team - against, just safer)

as you can tell, I look for consistency or safer bets.. you have pieces to throw in for more of a hail mary type week with Manningham against a soft NE D.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

QB: Fitz
    RB: Jackson, Blount
    WR: Welker and Manningham
    TE: Herndaez
    K: SEB BASTT
    Def: Dallas.

This is a week lineup - I'm guessing u had jamaal charles. but go with these, and ull be in it.

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

no flex in your league?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

starting blount over murray would be foolish

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    starting blount over murray would be foolish
    Seattle has a top 3 run defense. Don't be fooled by the Seahawks, they are amazing against the run. On the other hand, New Orleans big weak spot is their run defense. Go with Blount over Murray. And I'd probably go with Manningham over Colston just because Manningham will be the #1 WR with Nicks out.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

you have no chance to make playoffs anymore so why care...