naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

texans/browns

Thoughts on this one?

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

I gotta say I have no idea. Texans are home which I like. Browns=Garbage. Word is Andre Johnson is back. but..... -11 is alot. Do they win by 10 and blow all spreads by 1??

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by BoutDemCowboys View Post
    I gotta say I have no idea. Texans are home which I like. Browns=Garbage. Word is Andre Johnson is back. but..... -11 is alot. Do they win by 10 and blow all spreads by 1??

even if johnson is back he says the hammy is 70% and he feels it tightening up when he tries to go full speed - his size is always such a factor on short routes so you gotta figure if he does play he will be limited to short slants while they use jacoby to stretch the field.

seems like every week i scratch my head at the cleveland line - last week wasn't SF -8' such an obvious choice? yet it took a late score to cement the cover for the niners - and when the browns played at oakland the +6' or +7 seemed low also yet the browns come through with a goal line stand on 4th down - drive 98 yards for a TD - get the onsides kick and then stall out at the 35 and lose by 7 - i had a $187 6 team parlay paying over $5000 with cleveland +6' as the lone loser so you know i was nuts because i bet it on tuesday after having a monster week previously which left me with $3187 in my account so thats why the nutty bet size. anyway it lost but cleve played much closer than anyone expected there also.

and in between they push 6-3 vs. seattle so the last 3 weeks no team has played closer to the line than the browns.

having said all that i just see this game as being a dog with fleas with the only side worth betting being the Browns.

schaub has a carer passer rating of 79 vs. cleve - aj will be limited - both foster and tate are healthy and will be the focus of the offense here in my opinion which plays into the browns strength defensively as they ae pretty stout against the run.

cleveland will have success this week hitting the tight end on seam routes as the texans blitz their LB's more than anyone - mccoy can be accurate when throwing the routes he likes to throw - the browns should get 17 points here and the key becomes can cleve hold hou to 27 or less to cover?

peyton hillis should be back and even though i dont really love this guy as much as the cleveland fans apparently do he is still effective at moving the chains and also catching the ball as once again the blitz happy texans send the LB's - mccoy has effective receivers at the TE position in watson and evan moore - and hillis out of the backfield - and one or 2 shots to masseqoui or little plus the consistent leg of phil dawson coupled with the fact that houston will have to sustain long drives to score all equals a browns cover if you ask me and if hou is not careful with the ball they could end up having to fight to win this game in the 4th quarter.

also houston has 4 starters out on defense - daniel manning being a key to stopping TE's and RB's catching the ball which i already tried to cover earlier in the post.

and on top of all that is the lay an egg factor because just how fired up does a team get to play cleveland anyway? while clevelnad knows they have to focus extra hard against a team like houston.

i just cant lay 11 here. BOL fellas.

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line just dropped to 10.5 but I don't think that really matters. The Browns are 1-4 against the spread this year, but I think they keep this one around 10.

punkbhstl
    punkbhstl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Peyton Hillis re-injured his hammy in practice today so he's most likely a no go if that matters.

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by punkbhstl View Post
    Peyton Hillis re-injured his hammy in practice today so he's most likely a no go if that matters.
    So is Johnson. I think the under might be the play.

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post

even if johnson is back he says the hammy is 70% and he feels it tightening up when he tries to go full speed - his size is always such a factor on short routes so you gotta figure if he does play he will be limited to short slants while they use jacoby to stretch the field.

seems like every week i scratch my head at the cleveland line - last week wasn't SF -8' such an obvious choice? yet it took a late score to cement the cover for the niners - and when the browns played at oakland the +6' or +7 seemed low also yet the browns come through with a goal line stand on 4th down - drive 98 yards for a TD - get the onsides kick and then stall out at the 35 and lose by 7 - i had a $187 6 team parlay paying over $5000 with cleveland +6' as the lone loser so you know i was nuts because i bet it on tuesday after having a monster week previously which left me with $3187 in my account so thats why the nutty bet size. anyway it lost but cleve played much closer than anyone expected there also.

and in between they push 6-3 vs. seattle so the last 3 weeks no team has played closer to the line than the browns.

having said all that i just see this game as being a dog with fleas with the only side worth betting being the Browns.

schaub has a carer passer rating of 79 vs. cleve - aj will be limited - both foster and tate are healthy and will be the focus of the offense here in my opinion which plays into the browns strength defensively as they ae pretty stout against the run.

cleveland will have success this week hitting the tight end on seam routes as the texans blitz their LB's more than anyone - mccoy can be accurate when throwing the routes he likes to throw - the browns should get 17 points here and the key becomes can cleve hold hou to 27 or less to cover?

peyton hillis should be back and even though i dont really love this guy as much as the cleveland fans apparently do he is still effective at moving the chains and also catching the ball as once again the blitz happy texans send the LB's - mccoy has effective receivers at the TE position in watson and evan moore - and hillis out of the backfield - and one or 2 shots to masseqoui or little plus the consistent leg of phil dawson coupled with the fact that houston will have to sustain long drives to score all equals a browns cover if you ask me and if hou is not careful with the ball they could end up having to fight to win this game in the 4th quarter.

also houston has 4 starters out on defense - daniel manning being a key to stopping TE's and RB's catching the ball which i already tried to cover earlier in the post.

and on top of all that is the lay an egg factor because just how fired up does a team get to play cleveland anyway? while clevelnad knows they have to focus extra hard against a team like houston.

i just cant lay 11 here. BOL fellas.
    Browns defensive strength is not against the run...they allow 127 RUsh yards per game which is 28th in the leauge

peterrr
    peterrr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

didnt really read much on this game but if i were to hit, i think cleveland will cover

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Cle has a good pass d. But they arent so hot vs the run. Im tease it down and up. Texans -4 cle + 16. Thats a huge middle. Bol
    Last edited by shooms79; 11-06-11 at 01:38 AM. Reason: edit

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Like that play shooms, I have at worst -4.5 on Hou with Over 33.5 GOOD LUCK!

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by punkbhstl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
    So is Johnson. I think the under might be the play.
    Hillis is out due to his hamstring. Reports are its bad and he may miss multple weeks. Ilike the under 41 in this game.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Texans, under and Browns TT under 14' all look solid.

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by JoMoney2785 View Post
    Browns defensive strength is not against the run...they allow 127 RUsh yards per game which is 28th in the leauge

you are correct - i was very wrong - very very wrong as the cleve rush d stayed in ohio. the majority of the rush yards they give up is late in games as teams run for that extra 30-40 yards as they are usually winning - but in this one tex just ran wild from the beginning - i feel like a dumba#$ - but te one thing i hate the most is when someone has the nerve to make a big claim and then run and hide when the game goes south.

now i need to go clean up the mess i made telling a guynot to use atl or san fran - just so happens that i picked the worst possible week to run my mouth.

now i just need to stand up and take my lumps. so go ahead fellas. i deserve it.