zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears +8 is the play of the week

Eagles hype machine is out of control. Forte is going to light the defense up, peppers will control vick like he did last year.
    Last edited by zsr; 11-02-11 at 01:18 PM.
    Points Awarded:

k13 gave zsr 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I agree. I see it's at 9 now after opening at 7. Looks like a huge letdown spot here and the Bears defense has always controlled Vick led offenses.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

focus the whole d on vick and the passing game like you always have to slow vick... only difference this year? this offense is carried by mccoy... you put all your focus on vick and djak/maclin, and we might be watching a game similar to last sunday night

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Bears great chance for an upset.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys, I think this game soars over the total.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

i think the Eagles cover.. everything is coming together

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Bears

rubecube
    rubecube's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago hasn't been very good on the road this year, and if the Eagles jump out to an early lead then I don't like the Bears chances of working the ball downfield to catch up. That being said, if they lean on Forte early and often, keep the Eagles offense off the field, then I think they have a shot.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

Def a fan of this play, I took the points for 1.5units and put another .5 on the ML

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess you didn't see how well the bears cover after the bye under lovie smith...not well at all.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Eagles at home-8 is alot of pts BUT it's the bears.... Eagles is the pick here especially last years eagles at soldier field loss. Eagles are clicking right now you can't fade them. your hoping cutler on the road keeps it close, NEVER. I like how letitride pointed out Louie smith after bye is a failure because this year almost every team after a bye piles up to be below .500 record! Only few Covered after a bye
    Most being HEAVY home favorites Ravens being one

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    focus the whole d on vick and the passing game like you always have to slow vick... only difference this year? this offense is carried by mccoy... you put all your focus on vick and djak/maclin, and we might be watching a game similar to last sunday night
    Can you trust that Reid will actually commit to the run? Everything you state makes sense, but all to often Reid abandons the very thing that's the key to the Eagles offense, the run. He did the same thing during the Westbrook years, seen it so many times. McCoy had just 20 carries combined in two consecutive losses earlier this year, maybe he's finally getting it with letting McCoy do his thing last week against the Boys; I have my doubts though.

zsr

Philly, cutler won't even be a factor. The eagles cannot stop the run, if they pound it 40 times they'll cover and have a great chance to win.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

bears have no receivers... philly will stack the entire box to stop forte and let their corners play man on the nonames out wide for the bears... it wont even be an issue

zsr

Eagles can put 9 in the box, they dont have anybody who can physically stop the run. Thats my point. They havent stopped the run once, they just dont have the talent and size. The eagles will be able to stop anybody through the air, besides the packers obviously, but they wont stop anybody who commits to the run and thats been shown.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

How people can say eagles are "clicking" after one game is beyond me, when the cowboys packed it up after the first half.. That's a little premature.. As much as the eagles are great after bye weeks. the game last week was not a full game.. IT was only half a game.. Cowboys packed it up after the first half.. That's a lot of points... Even for the eagles.. I can't give up that many points with an unproven team like the eagles just yet.. I'd take the points with the bears this week and see how the eagles do and set myself up for next week..

Also, even after the bye, eagles still didnt' fix their run defense.. A rookie ran over them for 74 yards in 8 carries.. That's over 9 yards a carry.. Only reason why Murray a rookie didn't run for another 200+ yards that game against the eagles was because they fall into a huge hole early in the game with shitty defense..
    Last edited by Monitor-Tan; 11-05-11 at 11:00 PM.

Xstream
    Xstream's Avatar Become A Pro!

good post Monitor!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

If Bears win SU, I'll send you 50 points.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

bears are not gonna win this game

huge bears fan here but this team is not as good as the 2010 Bears - our defense has been very mediocre (for traditional bears defensive standards) and even last year the eagles scored 26 points on us. The problem on the offensive side of the ball is we have nothing at the WR position so the Eagles will drop 8 or 9 guys in the box and let Asante/Nnamdi play on an island at CB. Forte is awesome, but I dunno how much even he can do against a 9 man front. The real scary thing is if the eagles score a few TDs early and force Cutler to throw the ball a lot in this game (it will turn into a blowout if that happens, our offensive line will get shredded to pieces in pass blocking against Cole/Jenkins/Babin)

Basically the only chance for Bears win is if the bears defense absolutely dominates the line of scrimmage and then Forte runs for 140-200 yards (with the bears winning something like 21-14)

Overall, Eagles should win this something like 31-17

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears +8 is lovely, but im not jinxing it

loopydude11
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

huge bears fan here but this team is not as good as the 2010 Bears - our defense has been very mediocre (for traditional bears defensive standards) and even last year the eagles scored 26 points on us. The problem on the offensive side of the ball is we have nothing at the WR position so the Eagles will drop 8 or 9 guys in the box and let Asante/Nnamdi play on an island at CB. Forte is awesome, but I dunno how much even he can do against a 9 man front. The real scary thing is if the eagles score a few TDs early and force Cutler to throw the ball a lot in this game (it will turn into a blowout if that happens, our offensive line will get shredded to pieces in pass blocking against Cole/Jenkins/Babin)

Basically the only chance for Bears win is if the bears defense absolutely dominates the line of scrimmage and then Forte runs for 140-200 yards (with the bears winning something like 21-14)

you heard it here first folks!!

Bears =

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    How people can say eagles are "clicking" after one game is beyond me, when the cowboys packed it up after the first half.. That's a little premature.. As much as the eagles are great after bye weeks. the game last week was not a full game.. IT was only half a game.. Cowboys packed it up after the first half.. That's a lot of points... Even for the eagles.. I can't give up that many points with an unproven team like the eagles just yet.. I'd take the points with the bears this week and see how the eagles do and set myself up for next week.. Also, even after the bye, eagles still didnt' fix their run defense.. A rookie ran over them for 74 yards in 8 carries.. That's over 9 yards a carry.. Only reason why Murray a rookie didn't run for another 200+ yards that game against the eagles was because they fall into a huge hole early in the game with shitty defense..

Cowboys defense >>>>>>> Bears defense

that was more about the fantastic performance by the eagles offense. I'm telling you guys that you're wasting your money with this bears bet. I'm a huuuge Bears fan myself and I'll be rooting for our boys with all my heart but this is a bad matchup

If the eagles protect the ball, they will win comfortably

209Raidernation
    Just Win Baby!
    209Raidernation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

SPORTS WAGERS

Chicago +8 over PHILADELPHIA

We should thank the Cowboys for this one. Think about it. What would this line have been prior to Philly’s Sunday night dismantling of the enigmatic Cowboys? Four? Maybe five? Now we’re being handed a slew of extra points with a rested Bears team that had won two-straight and appeared quite solid in doing so. Chicago’s Cover-2 defensive scheme and strong linebacking corps will not allow receivers to roam freely as they did against Dallas. Philadelphia’s defense has been susceptible to top-tier running backs and none is more versatile than Chicago’s Matt Forte. This is a huge overreaction to the “Dream Team” finally getting off the mattress and putting a whipping on somebody. Not that the Bears need any more motivation but this line is a big insult to them and you can be damn sure they’ll have a response. This is a ridiculous line based on one strong win by Philadelphia and an upset would not surprise one bit. Play: Chicago +8 (Risking 2.2 units to win 2).

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

There's a voice in my head, and it's telling me to take the Eagles.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by 209Raidernation View Post
    SPORTS WAGERS Chicago +8 over PHILADELPHIA We should thank the Cowboys for this one. Think about it. What would this line have been prior to Philly’s Sunday night dismantling of the enigmatic Cowboys? Four? Maybe five? Now we’re being handed a slew of extra points with a rested Bears team that had won two-straight and appeared quite solid in doing so. Chicago’s Cover-2 defensive scheme and strong linebacking corps will not allow receivers to roam freely as they did against Dallas. Philadelphia’s defense has been susceptible to top-tier running backs and none is more versatile than Chicago’s Matt Forte. This is a huge overreaction to the “Dream Team” finally getting off the mattress and putting a whipping on somebody. Not that the Bears need any more motivation but this line is a big insult to them and you can be damn sure they’ll have a response. This is a ridiculous line based on one strong win by Philadelphia and an upset would not surprise one bit. Play: Chicago +8 (Risking 2.2 units to win 2).

I would play this if it was 2010 but this is just not the same bears defense that we're used to...

Hochay
    Hochay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

DAAA BEARS! TO COVER AND DAAA $$ LINE.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

You know, its funny! I have yet to see Brahma back any underdogs! Every single pick is the favorite. I used to think that was the way to go but getting points can be a huge equalizer (especially in the nfl). To think that the bears are going to get blown out by 14 points I just dont see it. Personally I thinnk this game is ripe for a 7 pt tease in favor of the bears.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    You know, its funny! I have yet to see Brahma back any underdogs! Every single pick is the favorite. I used to think that was the way to go but getting points can be a huge equalizer (especially in the nfl). To think that the bears are going to get blown out by 14 points I just dont see it. Personally I thinnk this game is ripe for a 7 pt tease in favor of the bears.

I loved LSU on Saturday and I play underdog teasers all the time....

edit: I should mention I'm not playing a side in this game. Philly's too inconsistent for me to back them even in a teaser
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 11-07-11 at 12:40 AM.

ramon11
    ramon11's Avatar Become A Pro!

bears keep it close and cover.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I'll take the Eagles ML.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

bears have no receivers... philly will stack the entire box to stop forte and let their corners play man on the nonames out wide for the bears... it wont even be an issue
    Bears get their best receiver back this week, out since Week 2. Earl Bennett is always in the right place and didn't have a single drop last season. Hester, Williams, Knox...Bears have enough receivers who can burn single coverage. And the offensive line has been playing much better. I like the Bears offense in this game. Bears TT O19.5 looks strong. Bigger concern for the Bears is on the other side of the ball. And it's largely on Julius Peppers. Nobody has sacked Vick more than Peppers. If the Bears get on top of Vick and disrupt him they will have success. If Peppers is ineffective, then he will pick them apart. Turnovers and special teams will also be large factors.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Bears can stop the rush

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Philly, cutler won't even be a factor. The eagles cannot stop the run, if they pound it 40 times they'll cover and have a great chance to win.
    Exactly this is why Im afraid for all Eagles -8 backers. Eagles cannot stop the run, and thats all the Bears need to do to win or cover. They wont even need Cutler to throw the ball into the Eagles secondary which can stop him, they will just need to run.

Eagles pass all game

Bears rush all game

Very tight game in the end. +8 fellas

loopydude11
    meh

I loved LSU on Saturday and I play underdog teasers all the time....

edit: I should mention I'm not playing a side in this game. Philly's too inconsistent for me to back them even in a teaser
    the post before this you said "the bears will not win this game" so why wouldn't you put Philly in a teaser if you felt that way? contradictory my friend

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

philly over im on it huge cutler will be a train wreck tonight 3 ints !!!!
    Last edited by nomar122977; 11-07-11 at 10:07 AM.

12 Last